100 movies quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the link.

'I feel the need - the need for speed!' - Should've been no.1!:rockon:

'You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.':sad: :up:

'Bond. James Bond.':cool: :up:

'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.':huh: Never heard of it...:down:

:wink:

Trainspotting:

Tommy: "Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?"

Renton: "It's shite being Scottish. We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fuckin' earth. Most people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonised by wankers. We can't even find a decent culture to be colonised by. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and no amount of fresh air is gonna' make any fuckin' difference."

trainspotting-vi.jpg

Last edited:
ewen said:
Trainspotting:

Tommy: "Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?"

Renton: "It's shite being Scottish. We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fuckin' earth. Most people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonised by wankers. We can't even find a decent culture to be colonised by. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and no amount of fresh air is gonna' make any fuckin' difference."

trainspotting-vi.jpg

Great film...:up:

Damn, how could I have forgotten that one? :banghead:

And:

"Vivian, you and I are such similar creatures. We both screw people for money."

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Nobody puts baby in a corner. ::lmao:

Great one that!:wink:

I was suprised how high the quote from 'A Few Good Men' was...didnt think it was THAT popular a film.

How bout this from another TC film...

"Claudia....you've been....a very.....VERY....naughty little girl":evil:

pax said:
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!"

didn't make the list. :angry:

:down:

That was my first thought. Go to AFI's website and it shows the 400 nominated quotes. A lot of great stuff that didn't make the final list, including Inigo Montoya.

Some of these are classic, but some of these are really dumb picks--like "Plastics" from "The Graduate" or the big line from "On Golden Pond." There's two or three of the Casablanca ones that should have been cut too--and I love that movie. AFI is just lazy and sticks Casablanca on every list, which really cheapens the movie, imho.

Katherine Hepburn is horribly under-represented, though I can't think of any quotes off the top of my head.

And where's Marilyn Monroe? "Oooh, do you feel the breeze from the subway? Isn't it delicious!"

They need more Animal House quotes:

"Food Fight"

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"

"Thank you sir, may I have another."

"Greg, is this always supposed to be this soft?"

or from Good Fellas:

"Funny, funny like a clown, like I amuse you..."

or from American Beauty:

"Look at me, jerking off in the shower. This is the highlight of my day. It's all downhill from here."

or from Annie Hall:

"Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love."

pax said:
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!"

didn't make the list. :angry:

:down:
And THAT is why the list isn't worth a damn!! :madspit:

Inigo, Fezzick, Buttercup, Miracle Max, The Dread Pirate Roberts, etc, etc, etc....... CLASSICS!!!!! Stupid :censored: lists. :grumpy:

Some of my personal faves:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
------------
[Evelle picks up a pack of balloons]
Evelle: Do these blow into funny shapes and all?
Grocer: Well, no, unless round is funny.
-----------
I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
-------------
i don't need you to tell me how fucking good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys SHIT. Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I wanjt to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead n****r in my garage.
-------------
Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Porter: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
--------
40,000 people die every day, Darrell. How come you're not one of 'em?

BluRmGrl said:

And THAT is why the list isn't worth a damn!! :madspit:

Inigo, Fezzick, Buttercup, Miracle Max, The Dread Pirate Roberts, etc, etc, etc....... CLASSICS!!!!! Stupid :censored: lists. :grumpy:

"Your friend here is only MOSTLY dead."
--Miracle Max

"There are a shortage of perfect breasts in the world. 'Twould be a pity to damage yours."
--Westley

"If only we had a wheelbarrow and a Holocaust cloak..."
--Westley

"And this is for posterity, so, please...be honest."
--Count Rugen (the six-fingered man)

:up:

Back
Top Bottom