(09-02-2002) U2 finalise Gt Hits track list - Worldpop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.worldpop.com

U2 finalise Gt Hits track list

news_u2_satpic_1811.jpg

U2 have revealed track list details for their second Greatest Hits collection which will include two new songs. With a release date of 4 November and with the Christmas market clearly in mind, U2: Best of 1990 ?2000 will also contain four radically remixed versions of old singles that the band were unhappy with the original mix of.

New single Electrical Storm is joined by The Hands That Built America as the two new songs available. Discotheque, Gone, Numb and Staring at the Sun will all appear on the collection as new mixes undertaken by producer Mike Hedges.

A limited edition bonus CD will also be included with the initial release containing various remixes and B-sides.

Rounding up the albums Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Passengers, Pop and All That You Can?t Leave Behind, the new compilation picks up where the Best of 1980 ? 1990 left off when it was released four years ago.

To accompany the new compilation, U2 are also releasing a DVD that will contain all the videos contained on the main album. In addition the DVD release will include commentary about the clips from the various directors involved, including famed film maker Wim Wenders.

Six bonus tracks will also be on the DVD ? Please, If God Will Send His Angels, Wild Horses, Lemon, Last Night On Earth and Mo Fo.

Fans will also get to see some rare U2 promo videos on the DVD from other countries as well a mini documentary, The Road to Sarajevo which documents the band?s historic visit to the war-torn city in 1997.

The full tracklisting for U2: Best of 1990 ?2000 is:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
One
Miss Sarajevo
Stay (Faraway So Close)
Stuck In A Moment (You Can?t Get Out Of)
Gone
Until The End Of The World
The Hands That Built America
Discoth?que
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Staring At The Sun
Numb
The First Time
The Fly

The limited edition bonus CD will contain the following tracks:

Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
Summer Rain
North & South Of The River
Your Blue Room
Happiness Is A Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)
Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
Numb (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
If God Will Send His Angels - (Big Yam Mix)
Lemon (Jeep Mix)
Discoth?que (Hexidecimal Mix)

U2 release Best of 1990-2000 on 4 November, with the DVD collection out on 2 December.

Back
Top Bottom