(07-17-2003) More On Cashman's Tell-all Book - Belfast Telegraph *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/

Stylist lifts lid on life with U2
By Clodagh Sheehy

A DISGRUNTLED former U2 stylist is to lift the lid on the rock stars' secrets in a tell-all book.

Lola Cashman, stylist for the band for their Joshua Tree and Hum tours, makes several hard-hitting claims in the soon-to-be-released book. Ms Cashman, who was with U2 for two years, has written a 288-page unauthorised memoir, which her publicist says "should intrigue any of the band's millions of fans".

A U2 spokeswoman said last night that the band were on holidays and not available for comment.

The book's publisher said Ms Cashman was "hired by Bono to completely overhaul the band's image" and had gained a "fascinating insight" into U2. The stylist clashed with the band management earlier this year when she tried to sell off mementos, through Christies auctioneers, given to her by members of U2.

A missive from U2 lawyers told her not to proceed with the sale and Christies took her gifts off its sales list. The trinkets included a hat, a Bible and shoes and some pieces of clothing, one with the inscription: "Love to Lola from Bono." Ms Cashman said she was "stunned" by the band's reaction in stopping the auction and she is now in talks with her own lawyers about how she can put the mementos back on the market.

"I have always been really loyal to U2. I had a brilliant career working with the band and I believe I did a good job. I always thought fondly of them until this happened."

According to book publicist Diana Colbert, the stylist is not writing the book as a revenge for the row over the mementos. "She was already writing the book when that happened," she said.

Inside the Zoo with U2 is due for launch by Blake Publishing of London in September and some Internet companies are taking bookings for copies at ?16.99.

Nope, I wouldn't pay for that kind of trash either. She's VERY bitter about the auction thing; I'm sure that has something to do with it even though she says otherwise.

dsmith2904 said:

No, she worked with them during JT/RH times so it's completely stupid that the book is called "Inside the Zoo." I wonder why now, this all happened more than 15 years ago, very old news really.

It's seems like it's no news at all

http://u2log.com/archive/002541.shtml

*sarcasm alert on * Wow, those are really shocking revelations :rolleyes: *sarcasm alert off*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom