(03-10-2004) Exclusive: New U2 2005-06 Tour News - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely paying off the credit card, just in case...Cautiously Optimistic is my middle name!

trabant-UBRSH said:
February 2005 start eh?

Sounds like they're gonna open up in Melbourne Australia on a hot summer night!!!

Doubdtful, they wont start the tour in stadiums, they are moving to stadiums eventually. The tour will be simliar in scope, duration and scheduling to the Zoo tour. Start in arenas (indoors in late Feb/early March, outdoors in the summer months, yes, I realize this is the summertime in Aus. but I dont think they will open the tour in Australia). I think they will make it to Australia this time out, but I dont think the tour will open there and if it does open there they will be playing arenas. Otherwise I would say Jan./Feb 2006, probebly stadiums in Australia would be my guess if they get there at that time frame. I think S. America is probebly getting them again as well and that will definately be stadiums.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
perhaps elivs' inside source is this mysterious cousin of the edge that some of us, no names mentioned, claim to get information from...

Nope.

Blue Room said:

I think S. America is probebly getting them again as well and that will definately be stadiums.

God... please... read what he said? Is it true? Can I be HAPPY AGAIN?

:drool:

novembe 2005 tour of australia! :)...that would be perfect, i'd have plaenty of money saved by then....great news....bloody great news...true or not :)

I think the schedule could possibly go like this:

Sept-Oct- Album Release
Oct-Dec- Promotional Tour
Feb-April- North America Arenas
May-June- Europe Arenas
July-Oct- North America Stadium (If the album does well. If not, they might just do another arena tour)
Jan-Mar 06- Australia/South America/Asia
Summer 06- Europe Stadiums

A couple of things I would like to comment on:

1) I've been coming to Interference since its inception in, hmmm, was it 1996 Elvis? Elvis is very trustworthy and has always been on the cutting edge of U2 info. I don't believe he would have posted this if it were not a complete possibility.

2) In all my years (over 20) of being a U2 fan have I ever seen them tour an album for more than one year. Zoo TV came close, but they dropped Zooropa in the middle of it. My guess, and it is completely a guess, is that they will tour for a full year, hitting AustralAsia, and South America

3) If this album rocks like it's been reported too, then I think it will be a huge hit and they will have to tour the US and European Stadiums.

Please, please someone explain to me why this (playing stadiums) is such a bad thing? I've seen U2 in the Arenas, and Stadiums and their show does not suffer in either venue. Sure it's a personal preference, but it's not going to be the downfall of a great band if they wish to reach a broader audience. Give Stadiums a chance, they're fun shows.

Well, for me, stadiums are bad because being in the worst seats in an arena is a lot better than being in the worst seats in a stadium. Thats just my opinion. But really, I just want to be at the concert.

... I guess when the ink runs dry you need something to fill the pages...

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Headache in a Suitcase said:
perhaps elivs' inside source is this mysterious cousin of the edge that some of us, no names mentioned, claim to get information from...

My friend DID get the original info regarding a September release at the beginning of January!! Wether or not you believe she is his cousin is up to you but she is and she is a very nice girl!

What irritates me is double standards that some people show!!!
Mentioning no names!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim said:
Thanks for the information interference.com. Credit to the folks that run this site, they wouldn't make an empty statement 'cos they respect the fans and will hold of on information until it's been validated, which is why this site has credibility!

Unlike, say, REM's official site, U2.com is not the place where we will hear things first, we all know that. Official announcements will be delayed till the last minute.

Also, let's not jump onto people that claim to have heard the latest and greatest news, there will always be bullshitters, but give respect without responding with lame comments along the lines of, "Oh apparently Edge's cousin said it would be 2014 .."

I met Paul McGuinness by chance in October and he was confident that the new U2 album would be out at Easter this year....obviously plans have changed since then, but at that time, that was about as credible or 'official' as I could see so I shared it here. That information is now incorrect but doesn't mean it wasn't 'true' at the time...

Don't be surprised if, particularly at this late stage alot of these 'rumours' turn out to become reality..

Also, let's not jump onto people that claim to have heard the latest and greatest news, there will always be bullshitters, but give respect without responding with lame comments along the lines of, "Oh apparently Edge's cousin said it would be 2014

In response to that comment there are people on this site who are in contact with her so likewise dont jump on those people either!!

At present it is all RUMOUR and should like everything else be regarded as so!!!
If its true Brilliant and well done to the inside source!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
A couple of things I would like to comment on:

1) I've been coming to Interference since its inception in, hmmm, was it 1996 Elvis? Elvis is very trustworthy and has always been on the cutting edge of U2 info. I don't believe he would have posted this if it were not a complete possibility.

2) In all my years (over 20) of being a U2 fan have I ever seen them tour an album for more than one year. Zoo TV came close, but they dropped Zooropa in the middle of it. My guess, and it is completely a guess, is that they will tour for a full year, hitting AustralAsia, and South America

3) If this album rocks like it's been reported too, then I think it will be a huge hit and they will have to tour the US and European Stadiums.

Please, please someone explain to me why this (playing stadiums) is such a bad thing? I've seen U2 in the Arenas, and Stadiums and their show does not suffer in either venue. Sure it's a personal preference, but it's not going to be the downfall of a great band if they wish to reach a broader audience. Give Stadiums a chance, they're fun shows.

1) No one is discrediting anyone least of all when passing on unofficial info. That not my style like unlike some others on here. I would never be so dismissive!

U2 can play anywhwere they like as far as I am concerned, stadium,arena pubs clubs I dont care as long as the tickets are there!!!

for the love of God COME TO AUSTRALIA!! I don't know how much has changed since 2002 as far as profitability for a tour in Australia but U2 has to come and share what we missed out on with the Elevation tour. I'm only 17 and U2 hasn't some to Adelaide since Zoo TV and it will 'complete me' if I finally get to see these guys live.

bonosloveslave said:
I could probably find this out with some searching but I bet someone knows off the top of their heads - were any of their other tours that long? Was that what the Zoo TV comment was about, or was that in reference to the arenas --> stadiums? 18 months just sounds really long (not that I'm complaining mind you ;) )

If I remember correct, Joshua Tree tour was similar in length to Elevation (April to December 87' - 9 months), Lovetown was a bit over 3 months (mid September - early January 90'), Zoo tv was from late Feb 92' till early December 93' - a year and 10 months (but with Zooropa released in between, so it depends how you count it), Popmart I think was about a year long (April 97' to March 98').

What about the early days? They were pretty much touring non-stop from 1979 until 1985, and in their off-time, they were recording albums!

The demand for U2 is INCREDIBLE. These guys do not need to worry about drawing a crowd because there shouldn't be a problem at all. Most people I know would happily go to a U2 concert - their reputation for being an amazing live band stretches well beyond our dedicated fan base right out into the masses. They've been around that long and they're that famous that eighteen months is pretty certain when it comes to satisfying demand. Elevation didn't even come close and they know it.

With all else considered, what's been said by the source seems very credible. I'm believing it already. Now time to save up money!

By the way, for those of you questioning the validity of the source, am I just dreaming or do I remember correctly when I recall people in the past citing various examples of Interference having very credible - and RIGHT - inside sources?

Feb. 2005

Happy 40th birthday to me! :hyper: :hyper:

I didn't even see this thread until this morning, and last night I dreamed I was at a U2 concert! It was a stressfull dream full of lost then found concert tickets, not feeling well, late to arrive, seats being in the very very back of the arena......
then the music started and I was crying and a friend looked at me like wtf? and I said Well I have never heard this song before!
I don't remember the song but I do remember the sound of Bono's voice and it was WONDERFUL!!! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom