Would you pick this guy up??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsGiggles

War Child
Hypothetically.....(of course - we're all getting pretty good at this)

You're driving along in your car jamming to your fave CD...then you see this guy on the side of the road....

What do you do?
Pull over?
Ask him if he needs a lift?
Ignore him and keep driving....you don't pick up hitchhikers?

Then what?

Attachments

• bono0594.jpg
    bono0594.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 115
not sure why you can't see the photo..I can see it and have posted before and they showed...hmmmmm I'm still new at this.

I haven't read any of the fan fiction....think I'll check that out, thanks :)

MsGiggles said:
Hypothetically.....(of course - we're all getting pretty good at this)

You're driving along in your car jamming to your fave CD...then you see this guy on the side of the road....

What do you do?
Pull over?
Ask him if he needs a lift?
Ignore him and keep driving....you don't pick up hitchhikers?

Then what?

Def pick him up and drive him off in the opposite direction of where ever he needs to go! Mwahahaha!!! :evil:

This reminded me of something I have read on Neil McCormick’s book and I thought I would share it with you girls (if you can, buy the book).
This happened the day Bono went to Rome to meet with the Pope John Paul II on behalf of Jubilee 2000.

"Sleep is for economists”, he joked. Latenight traffic was still streaming as Bono slipped away from his minders, beckoning me to follow. I wasn’t sure what he was up to but tagged along as he strode out into the middle of the road, holding up a hand to dramatically halt an oncoming car.

Had I been on my own, I’d have undoubtedly been run over by an irate motorist and left for dead in a Roman thoroughfare. But Bono brought the traffic to a complete standstill. The driver of the car in front of us was practically squealing with delight as a rock star leaned in his window, cheerfully inquiring if he knew anywhere around here we could get a drink. I was then that I noticed the car was full of transsexuals. Before Bono ‘s minders had worked out what was going on, we were squeezing into the back seat to perch on the knees of some hairy Italian ladyboys. Which is how come at four in the morning we were seated at a small table in a packed nightclub between beautiful people of indeterminate gender, drinking complimentary champagne while a scantily clad babe tried to attract Bono’s attention by dancing on the table. “Remind me what’s this rock-star thing all about?” Bono mused, puffing on a giant cigar. “Ah yes. Screaming girls. Fashionable clothes. People playing guitars. Got it!”
And I thought, “Rock stardom couldn’t have happened to a nicer and, frankly, more deserving guy. He’s certainly put it to a lot better use than I ever would have.”

Last edited:
Not all of you could view it because it's an attachment and only Premium Members can view attachments. Here's the pic again for the rest of you...

3437766%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B94%3D32%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323843%3B8%3C252ot1lsi

I did the exact same thing in Dublin a couple of years ago (knowing HE was coming :whistle: ) and he stopped and offered a lift. So I would, of course, return the favor. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom