Would it surprise you if it came out the Adam was gay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that he is gay! Well it would in a way suggest why he aint settled down yet!

But in may also mean that he doesn't like commitment!

I hope he aint gay!

:ohmy:

You know what tho :hmm: I've thought about that many times to be honest with you :reject: but not being so much as gay but curious perhaps? :shrug: Although I know he was with one of the PM gals for a long time.

Kate, if you're HUH'ing at the PM thing.. U2's management company is called Principle Management and Adam was 'courting' (love that) a female member of staff for a while. If not, sorry. Wierd having a mancunian reply to my post btw. lol

Last edited:
Tizer said:
Kate, if you're HUH'ing at the PM thing.. U2's management company is called Principle Management and Adam was 'courting' (love that) a female member of staff for a while. If not, sorry. Wierd having a mancunian reply to my post btw. lol

OK then! why is it weird?

I hate to play mother hen here, but discussing the band member's sexuality is against the FAQ's :ohmy: This thread is soooo going to get closed;)

U2Kitten said:
I hate to play mother hen here, but discussing the band member's sexuality is against the FAQ's :ohmy: This thread is soooo going to get closed;)

Well..
It's a non-issue really.
Granted it's none of anybody's business...
I sort of think that it all depends on *how* it's discussed, you know? If people are being rational and mature then it should be fine but if it becomes taunting or namecalling or crude, well then put an end to it.

and that said, there isn't much to say... other than answering the question.. would it surprise me? no. but then again nobody's coming-out surprises me.

It would make no difference for me. He would still be the best bassist in the world and a really great guy. But Adam doesn?t seem to be the kind of guy who would stay in the closet.

Thanks Wolfeden. Wondered if someone would answer the question.

U2Kitten said:

U2Kitten is correct...as stated in the FAQ:

"Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed."

wolfeden said:
Well..
It's a non-issue really.
Granted it's none of anybody's business...
I sort of think that it all depends on *how* it's discussed, you know? If people are being rational and mature then it should be fine but if it becomes taunting or namecalling or crude, well then put an end to it.

People are being mature in this thread, and I appreciate it...it's good to see a discussion carry on nicely. However, discussing if Adam was gay would question his sexuality that is known, therefore this thread will be closed.

It seems that whenever I close a thread of this nature (violating something in that FAQ section), I get at least one email or PM...which is fine!! You guys are encouraged to contact moderators concerning issues at this board. But one issue brought up is where do we draw the line at things in the FAQ, such as talking about the band's private lives. Well...it's often a gray area, but I can assure you all that PLEBA is watched by moderators, and we monitor things and step in when we think they have gone too far. We don't want to be completely restrictive and take the fun out of PLEBA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom