Who bassist John Entwistle dies the night before tour kickoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
This is so sad and really weird. The Who's bassist John Entwistle, 57, was found dead in his hotel room the night before their tour kickoff in Las Vegas.

capt.1025220593.obit_entwistle_vg104.jpg

:(

I'm a Who fan and this is very disturbing. Who would have guessed him? I don't know what happened to him for sure, or why. It's something I haven't really thought about before, as these classic rock stars get on in years, like 60 or close to it, will touring and rocking be too much for them physically? The Stones are old too and they are going out too. This is such a shock to me and to rock and roll.

I'm devastated. I'm an old Who fanatic--I idolize those guys almost as much as I do U2. I can't believe we lost another one. Damn! When I getting into U2 as a young band, in the early '80's, they were frequently compared to the Who, and, in fact, they are huge fans of the Who themselves. I'll bet they're bummed out. Oh, this is too much..............:( :( :(

oh my gosh...no feckin way! WOW. really sad news. *really* bad timing. poor Pete and Roger, I bet they're a mess. :(:(

did they mention what he died of? (being a former hard partying rocker and all) 57 is young!

RIP John.....

Discoteque said:
oh my gosh...no feckin way! WOW. really sad news. *really* bad timing. poor Pete and Roger, I bet they're a mess. :(:(

did they mention what he died of? (being a former hard partying rocker and all) 57 is young!

RIP John.....

I haven't heard a blasted thing, just heard the horrific news. I'm off to turn on the TV and see what they say. Until later......:( :(

:(
I heard the last thing he ever said was that Who fans would be able to hear a bunch of songs never before released on the new tour :(

Such a tragedy. :(

It really scares me, too. He was only a few years older then my Daddy.

~Emily

Heart attacks aren't necessarily age deals, a Russian skater died of one when he was 28; he had blocked-up coronary arteries. They are going to do an autopsy tomorrow, according to a report. God knows.....I'm so upset.:sad: :sad: :sad:

:( :(
this is so sad. i love the Who and when i heard this on the radio, i couldn't believe it! i was even going to try to go to one of the shows on the tour! i can't believe it!

so sad.

I heard about it a little while ago. I was in my room, my dad walks in and asks if I know The Who. "Yes..." "Their bass player John Entwistle died today. Did you know they were starting a tour?" "Yes." Was I shocked... still am. :|

verte76 said:
Heart attacks aren't necessarily age deals
Yeah, and the number of young people dying of heart related ailments is going up. Ive heard of so many lately....Athletes as young as 17,etc. I myself have a heart problem(hopefully nothing severe!!!).
I heard that John had been giggling and talking to friends the night before, that he was on meds for his problem, but had been so excited about the upcoming tour...Poor thing.
I never liked The Who at all, but this is such a shock,what a tragedy.
A local DJ said that thats probably it for The Who. Losing Keith Moon nearly did them in, now this....its just too much, he said.
He did die before he got old....How eerie. I guess you just cant live life in the fast lane and expect that long of a life. If only he couldve at least lived to see the end of this tour though!!!

1025243111.2416115798.jpg

yep...this is a real sad day in the music world...again...:sad:
First George Harrison now John E. jeez!!!....

Not to mention: I had tickets to the show on monday night at the hollywood bowl...!!!!!!!!!! :( :(

Don't think there is gonna be anymore Who...at least touring wise.. These guys aren't in it for the money so if it aint the four of them then I don't think they will replace him...He was genius with the bass guitar.. But then again they went on after Keith Moon died..Guess time will tell..

Condolences to his family and friends!!!!!!!!!

Peace...

Last edited:
All I Can Say Is :ohmy: :no: :sad:

My brother came home from work crying, my dad called me tonite crying, my next door neighboor was really upset[I've never even seen the man cry before!]

Still all I can say is :ohmy: :no: :sad:

This really upsets me. I was a Who fan since I was 6 and my big brother bought I Can See For Miles. I remember him and his friends trying to analyze Tommy when it was new back in 1969 when I was 8. The Who were a big teenage obsession of mine and I had a huge collection. Just last week, I saw a new Who collection CD and the old thrill went through me like the old days. I bought it and have been on a big Who binge, now this. :( You just never know. It's tragic.

Back
Top Bottom