Which Other Guys Are Cutest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I saw it all last night too, and I don't know what Chelsy's deal is, but there are always going to be troublemakers in your daily life and on message boards. Luckily for us we have more than enough positive, wonderful people here to make up for the few who are not. That's all I want to say on this subject.
Back to your regularly scheduled U2 loving PLEBA programming! lol!
smile.gif

Happy Birthday Adam. Sorry couldn't resist bringing him into the conversation!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Spinny, Daisy and especially Sicy,

THANK YOU for seeing what I saw last night!

I felt like a big meanie answering her the way I did but when my protective instincts come out, well, let's just say I don't take kindly to people who use insults as humor.

I don't know what Chelsy's story is, maybe she's just young, but that's not the way to make yourself welcome here. I think we've all tried really hard the past few months to keep things positive and we don't need someone like that to start trouble. I admit I fell right into it and I shouldn't have but I had to say something.

Maybe I was just so used to people spreading the PLEBA love that I was shocked to see a (possible) troublemaker in our midst! Anyway, let's hope that if she was just here for trouble, she'll be gone. If I am wrong about her, I welcome her back with open arms as long as she understands where we are coming from.

I felt the same way you did, at first I was like; okay, she just picked the wrong words, but was perhaps well intentioned in the Blind thread. However; to go into a RSOC Meeting, and make insults was just wrong.

I would prefer to be proved wrong in my idea that she is a trouble maker; Can we make her a true PLEBAn? Maybe, Maybe not.

If I am wrong about her hopefully she will take the advice many have given her and lurk for a bit, get a better feel for the place.

I think we should all be grateful that she didn't say anything about Ono-Bay's Air-Hay
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
Then the fur really would've flown
wink.gif

Originally posted by daisybean:

I think we should all be grateful that she didn't say anything about Ono-Bay's Air-Hay
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
Then the fur really would've flown
wink.gif

Whew, is she lucky! That would have sent me right over the edge

Hmm, not that I would mind being there
icon19.gif

Originally posted by U2FReAk:
sometimes people really amaze me. sometimes in a positive way, but right now; in a negative way. Why do you need someone to pick on like this? I can't see the problem. What is there to be upset about? Sure it was an insensitive thing to say that Adam looks like 60 but why do YOU get upset? If anyone should get upset, it would be Adam if he now would even care at all..
and, I didn't know you had to know all there is to know about U2 to like them, and post on this board. I didn't know you had to worship the ground U2 walks on, shut up and drool, otherwise the other U2fans would bann you from the board. Oh wait, I DID know. Since I came here I've noticed that this is a common attitude among people here. But it shouldn't have to be that way, and I think wrong.
There is nothing wrong with saying things like that about the boys, but what is wrong is when those are the only things that you are saying. I think that Chelsey has less then 10 posts, and so far none of them were positive!!

You don't have to 'shut up and drool' but you do have to show respect towards the band, and to the members of this board!!!

I felt just like you at first, and if you read the posts above that I was defending Chelsey and telling others to do the same. However, as I continued to read other posts I saw why everyone was so bothered!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

* sigh.

U2FREAK you obviously dont know a troll when you see one. Unless its you and you're trying to defend yourself because frankly I dont understand why anyone would want to defend her after reading her posts.

I have seen hundreds of newbies come in here, and whether they know squat about the band or not, the comments made by Chelsy are not very cool for someone who just started posting.

I dont blame the girls for questioning her.

At all.

Right on Spinny and Sicy!

And in answer to u2freak, everyone is welcome in PLEBA and we try to make the newbies comfortable. Please check the welcome messages we send when a new person introduces herself. This is THE most supportive, giving group of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and it's too bad you don't see that. We don't impose rules try to exclude someone for "not drooling" with us.

Several of us tried to give Chelsy some helpful advice thinking maybe she was just very new to this or possibly just a very young girl but like Spinny said, every one of her posts was negative.

You might even want to check out a thread from a few weeks ago where we all listed what we DON'T like about U2. Yes, believe it not, there are things that bug us about U2. But, it's all in the way you express it and unfortunately, Chelsy expressed herself in a negative way.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 03-13-2002).]

I agree with pretty much everything being said here...so now how about something short and sweet. We PLEBA girls are like sisters-we share some many interests (even besides U2) we are all so nice and would do anything for each other. Whoever this Chesly person is has to either except that or get gone. Cheers to my PLEBA sisters!!!

PS-As for U2....TOO MUCH IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!
ba-all9.jpg

biggrin.gif
PEACE

Originally posted by Foadie:
I agree with pretty much everything being said here...so now how about something short and sweet. We PLEBA girls are like sisters-we share some many interests (even besides U2) we are all so nice and would do anything for each other. Whoever this Chesly person is has to either except that or get gone. Cheers to my PLEBA sisters!!!

ba-all9.jpg

biggrin.gif
PEACE

Thanks Foadie! Bring on the PLEBA love!!!

Originally posted by Foadie:

ba-all9.jpg

biggrin.gif
PEACE
AW! All lined up and snapping their fingers or something like that....they look like they're Beach Boys or something! Or like they'll sing a Billy Joel song ANY MINUTE. Aw! OK

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono Get on the Boos

I was the first to suspect something was up with Chelsy...At first i thought she was a fan of some crap band and insanely jealous of U2s success.
Then i thought i might be getting a little paranoid, perhaps she is just under the age of 14 and not a proficient English speaker, maybe from Afganistan or someplace...
Buuuuuut... there are little hints here and there that suggest that may not be the case.
Poor thing has no idea who she/he/it is dealing with...She'll soon learn...
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 03-13-2002).]

Oh wow, i ever thought it would get this bad! I already apologized, did't you see? Look at what i posted to start this thread i thought i was being nice. I don't kow why you people thik all these bad things about me but it isn't fair
frown.gif
Oh, but i am 13 years old and i don't like boybands, and im not from afghanastan!

Originally posted by Chelsy:
im not from afghanastan!

Why the MOOFIN would that make ye bad?

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono Get on the Boos

Y'know... Chelsy's probly sitting at her computer laughing at what a big stink she caused here.

With less than 10 posts even.

And who the hell is this guy anyway??

miguel01.jpg

oops.. didnt see her reply there..
Now now.. dont cry.. just quit makin cracks at the band!

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-13-2002).]

I'm not sittng at my coumputer laughing. I'm 13 in 7th grade and i would never make up a scheme to make things go bad. That guys is an actor his name is Jesse Metcalfe. I'm sorry you think that way about me but honestly i am not lauging bout making a scheme of somesort. I am innocent! Lighten up im only 13 im sorry
frown.gif

Well... what are we supposed to think here! Everyone here is like a family, loves U2 and shares similar interests about the band. You just didnt seem very friendly about U2, and since you're new naturally we all jumped to conclusions.

13.... ok well that explains most of it.

Chelsey. I am sorry if we jumped down your throat. You have to understand that we are very defensive of our boys!! If you want to learn about U2 then you have come to the right place. Just watch your step
biggrin.gif
and you will be fine!!!

Your right Sicy!! 13 does explain some things. Not just about Chelsey, but about why you need to censor us sometimes
wink.gif

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

Hey..do youse guys remeber the time when Dark Moon Slayer-or whatever-was on the board...that Linkin Park fan. Chelsy is NOT as bad as her. C'mon youse guys, let's all forget about all of the comments, put the past behind us, and happily welcome Chelsy into the PLEBA board!
biggrin.gif

All is forgotten.

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

"I don't usually come across as a very deep person, but really I am deep. I'm deep when I need to be. When I'm frustrated I'll let all my feelings out, I'll be deep. So let me be deep, but don't get me frustrated." ~ Me, when asked how I could write such a deep response to the meaning of "Beautiful Day"

Oh, people give it a break.

People like Chelsy are like mischevious children. They're bad to get attention. When you ignore them, they get bored with being bad and either change their ways or leave.

IGNORE HER. She'll stop.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

That's better, girl! Now tell us who you think is the cutest U2 boy...I know youre 13 and that's cool...but they were sooo hot younger too!

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

Hallelujah heavens white rose....with tears on her petals, meets Hell's black flower with blood on his thorns.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt, our hearts littering the topsoil...
Started my rock 'n roll fantasy... I'd sing to you just one more time,
A song for a heart so big,
god wouldn't let it live,
On sleepless roads the sleepless go. ~Jimmy Eat World

Okay well now that that is all cleared up.
Chelsy, great way to apologize
smile.gif

I'm 14 so the age difference of me and some other ppl on here is huge. I hope you enjoy your time here in PLEBA.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest

hehe..pics...
biggrin.gif

those are great Chelsy!
biggrin.gif

this one I don't think I've seen before, porb. cause me computer crashed and left me web-less fer two weeks....
Originally posted by Chelsy:
meteor_09.jpg
I'm just glad all this stuff is settled
smile.gif

btw... I'm 14 too

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

"No, I will not do the snake dance for you!" ~ Bono after the post-Super Bowl party

My U2 Site

"I don't usually come across as a very deep person, but really I am deep. I'm deep when I need to be. When I'm frustrated I'll let all my feelings out, I'll be deep. So let me be deep, but don't get me frustrated." ~ Me, when asked how I could write such a deep response to the meaning of "Beautiful Day"

Chelsey you posted my favorite pic. The one where Bono is nibbling on his glasses. Thanks sooooo much!!!

I apoligize for some of the harsh things that I said earlier. We are really not a scary bunch of people.

------------------
***Spinny***

I spin so ceaselessly
"

I must say you're really brave to come back here! Finding out your age explains a lot and I'm sorry for being mean to you. And, since you came bearing pictures, I'm willing to start over with you.
smile.gif

Okay, now that we're off to a fresh start, why don't you tell us a little about yourself Chelsy. When did you start to like U2? Who is you favorite member and why?

I'm a Bono girl and I've been a U2 fan for 20 years. I also have a son your age so I understand why you came off the way you did
smile.gif

Stick around and I guarantee you will learn something.

lmao, elizabeth
biggrin.gif

tho...that picture really freaks me out
O_O

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

My U2 Site

Back
Top Bottom