What's the deal with Adam's ring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:

Yes you did, I'd appreciate it if she would change it. It's confusing. I don't want to make a big deal out of it but I did like having a unique one, especially that one and one that was made for me by request.

You know I can edit people's signatures?

:angel:

and Ingrid, I have made a couple GIFs before, but for the life of me I cannot remember how :lol: What are you trying to make a GIF of?

And that pic of Adam and Bono holding hands is :cute:

JezSnape said:

I didn't say he was mine, I asked her nicely to leave him to me. But ok, I think I'll be satisfied with any of the guys from the band. Larry and Edge are indeed at the top of my list too, followed closely by B-man... :tongue: :drool:

Sorry I was being stupid!! :angel: Must remember to be an adult not a giddy little elementry school girl about this!!

No pun intended to anyone about that coment!:hug:

smk1379 said:

Sorry I was being stupid!! :angel: Must remember to be an adult not a giddy little elementry school girl about this!!

No pun intended to anyone about that coment!:hug:

Are you kidding? Everytime I see Adam's face, I become a giggling school girl! Of course, I am a girl, and I am in school, however, according to my parents this is not appropriate behaviour from a neuropsychology student at a university... (I didn't say I was a "little" school girl!) I love talking about the guys, and the more drooling comments, the better! You were not stupid!

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud13 said:

VirtualDub is a good program for taking caps from video files. You can find a tutorial for using it here.

oh thanks A lot!
and miro, I don't know yet... I have a lot of music vid files here.. but you know, elevation slane castle... at the beginning, Bono shakes his hips so :drool: lovely... :drool:
:edit: sadly, it can't read that file, but I did some other thingy you'll see if I am done with it :lol:... I capped the thing, how am I able to make that an animated gif? (they're jpegs, but can also get them in bmp or some other weird fileextention.. ) :)

Last edited:
JezSnape said:

Are you kidding? Everytime I see Adam's face, I become a giggling school girl! Of course, I am a girl, and I am in school, however, according to my parents this is not appropriate behaviour from a neuropsychology student at a university... (I didn't say I was a "little" school girl!) I love talking about the guys, and the more drooling comments, the better! You were not stupid!

I am not in school anymore and I know my parents would disaprove if they knew I was here!

I can't help it :adam: is HOTT!!

Also it is all Mary's fault! :hug: :heart:

Galeongirl said:

oh thanks A lot!
and miro, I don't know yet... I have a lot of music vid files here.. but you know, elevation slane castle... at the beginning, Bono shakes his hips so :drool: lovely... :drool:
:edit: sadly, it can't read that file, but I did some other thingy you'll see if I am done with it :lol:... I capped the thing, how am I able to make that an animated gif? (they're jpegs, but can also get them in bmp or some other weird fileextention.. ) :)
You need an animation program. Jasc Animation Shop is the one I use. The easiest way to get started with it, is to have all of the frames saved individually, and then just use the Animation Wizard to open them all up together as an animated gif.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

You need an animation program. Jasc Animation Shop is the one I use. The easiest way to get started with it, is to have all of the frames saved individually, and then just use the Animation Wizard to open them all up together as an animated gif.

where can I find such a program? I know, I 'm prolly very annoying..... sorry for that! I have all the files saved individually as screencaps...

oh and can I resize animated gifs with such a program too?

JezSnape said:
Ok, posting again, twice... If it is one of those claddagh (sp?) rings, and he is dating someone, isn't it turned the wrong way? Isn't the tip of the heart supposed to point *towards* your own heart if you're spoken for? I'm Swedish, I know nothing... *shrugs like the spanish guy in Fawlty Towers...*
I said that last time :lol: :yes:

smk1379 said:

I am not in school anymore and I know my parents would disaprove if they knew I was here!

I can't help it :adam: is HOTT!!

Also it is all Mary's fault! :hug: :heart:

Yes, it is my fault! :wink: :hug:

And for the record, I wouldn't even get "taco" out. I would just smile like a dork and stare at him. :lmao:

My parents think I'm nuts about this too, but they don't say much. Although, my Dad told me today that I wouldn't find a husband on the computer. :| Makes me want to join a dating site just to prove him worng! :laugh: LOL! (My luck, I'd get an ax murderer.)

Just to stay on topic - Adam's ring is beautiful. I have been wanting a claddagh ring for ages and still don't have one.

I still live at home with my parents, and fortunately for me, my little sister is just about as obsessed as I am. Unfortunately, we both look and listen to all my U2 stuff, squeeling as high as we possibly can everytime one of the guys smile/laugh/frown/sing/move/breathe/exist.... My mum is ready to confiscate all my things! :(

Adam is such a man I am sure he is too much for one woman to handle. So I voluteer to have him during the night. I will leave him be during the day so the rest of you PLEABANS can have at him:evil:

:giggle:

Hey. Leave Professor Clayton alone. Heh. He looks like a freakin' professor nowaways. :grin

Galeongirl said:

where can I find such a program? I know, I 'm prolly very annoying..... sorry for that! I have all the files saved individually as screencaps...

oh and can I resize animated gifs with such a program too?
You can purchase it (or just get the free 30 day trial) at jasc.com.

Thanks, Miroslava. Though I've been a member for that long, I hadn't seen that thread before and am apparently completely oblivious to the wonders of the "Search" function!

I only wish there had been a definitive answer...

Livi

Galeongirl said:

this picture has no adam ring... but seeing the picture makes me wonder if he got it after this show... :rolleyes:
adamandbonoholdinghands2vp.jpg

Umm...I see the ring in this pic!

Livi

So, apparently he has two rings that he alternates between. At least that means that the question if he is, or isn't (as someone put it) is answered. I mean, if I had an engagement or wedding ring, or a ring to signify that I was dating someone for that matter, I wouldn't go around changing the ring every other day, would you?

JezSnape said:
So, apparently he has two rings that he alternates between. At least that means that the question if he is, or isn't (as someone put it) is answered. I mean, if I had an engagement or wedding ring, or a ring to signify that I was dating someone for that matter, I wouldn't go around changing the ring every other day, would you?

I don't wear a wedding ring.

I don't wear a wedding ring either, but then again I'm not married. :hmm:

What I want to know is where I can get a 30-day trial of Adam.

thumbdent.jpg

Not sure who made this :shifty: or took the picture, if it isn't a still

Last edited:
Elsie said:

What I want to know is where I can get a 30-day trial of Adam.

:lmao:

And after that you can say that he wasn't functioning properly (altough...who the hell would believe it?....), and you can send it back and get another type...
Then : I would like to request an ATYCLB-era Adam, ok? :sexywink:

u2granny said:

I don't wear a wedding ring.

Of course there are reasons not to wear a wedding ring (except not being married) But if you had an engagement ring, or a wedding ring, would you really put on another completely different ring? And as is the case with the Claddagh ring, put it on the "wrong" way?

And, just for the record, I wouldn't mind a 30-day trial of Adam either, but I could settle for Edge, if the Adam ones are out?

JezSnape said:

Of course there are reasons not to wear a wedding ring (except not being married) But if you had an engagement ring, or a wedding ring, would you really put on another completely different ring? And as is the case with the Claddagh ring, put it on the "wrong" way?

And, just for the record, I wouldn't mind a 30-day trial of Adam either, but I could settle for Edge, if the Adam ones are out?

I am married. We chose not to wear rings.

u2granny said:

I am married. We chose not to wear rings.

Ditto. I actually have the rings of both my spouse's grandmothers, "handed down for me to wear, blah blah", but I don't wear them. (That sounds like I have two spouses.:wink: )
And I wear other rings on my "wedding" finger, just because they look nice.

On a U2 note, the Hewsons don't wear theirs either (though they used to).

biff said:

On a U2 note, the Hewsons don't wear theirs either (though they used to).

That's kinda strange isn't it?

You'd think someone who's so into bible interpation like Bono would be all over the symbolism of a wedding band (the unbroken circle, eternity ect.)

I enjoy the "Back off buddy...." protection of my wedding band.

Oh and LOL about the 'Professor Clayton' comment---

he does look like a HOT college professor......

*Partygirl leave forum to take cold shower while comtemplating the symbolism of HER wedding band* :lmao:

I've actually noticed that Bono doesn't seem to wear his ring anymore, but since I first noticed it watching the Boston/Elevation DVD, I figured that he left it off not to have someone trying to slide it off him when he grabbed fans' hands. Not that I would ever dream about trying to slide his ring off, but you never know... I would dream about sliding practically everything else off him, though. Him or anyone in the band actually...

Anyway, to go back to the topic off Adam, does anyone know how his smoking is doing? 'Cause I saw at the Boston show, that he was chewing gum like a madman during the whole thing, and as soon as he hung hos bass off, someone gave him a cigarette. During Chicago/Vertigo however, he didn't chew gum did he? That's a positive sign, right? I'm figuring that if he can quit, so can I :huh:

Back
Top Bottom