What The Edge said?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the year 200 U2 will confess they wrote the song 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for' after going trough four supermarkets searching for boo berry cereal
I think that was it...
it should be on the conan website, but I forgot the link.. I'll search it out later

I didn't get that one either
here is the full one
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/intheyear2000/edge.shtml
and here the boo berry one
"U2 will reveal that we wrote the song, 'I still haven't found what i'm looking for,' after we went to four supermarkets looking for Boo Berry Cereal."
I was close:p

oh and who or what is Urkel???? (Loved Bono in that year2000 suit thingy.... edge looked pretty cool too)

a-mole said:
Urkel

Steve Urkel from.. ehm what was it called in english... dunno
It was a popular sitcom ;)
Family Matters. Urkel was the over-the-top, geeky, mad scientist type neighbour/friend of the family.

Also, for those not that familiar with Conan and the In The Year 2000 skit, Conan's been doing the skit for years and years. It started before the year 2000, and he did it with Andy Richter (who used to do the show with him). After Andy left, Conan would do the skit with celebrity guests. The fact that the skit continued after the year 2000 rolled around makes it all the more funny/ridiculous.

SimplyConfused said:
Could I ask, what is the 'Oi Vay Mama' reference? The In The Year 2000 one? How that was 'originally' gonna be Achtung Baby's name? What does it mean?

I think it's nothing more than a spin on the original title. :shrug: Achtung is German for "warning." Oy Vey is a Yiddish phrase that means sort of the same thing (thought it's more to express displeasure at something). And Mama is obviously just a play on Baby.

I might be wrong.

I :heart: Urkel

fea_urkel.jpg

:D

^ Urkel :drool:
I grew up watching Urkel/Family Matters... :reject:

--

I remember saving all the jokes onto Microsoft Word after I saw the show because I wanted to retell the jokes to my friends to show how funny U2 are... :giggle:

"Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore will have a child. Its first words, 'Hey, who's the old lady?'"

"Industrial lucite will replace crystal as most common stripper name."

"U2 will become very self-destructive and replace Bono with a far less reliable singer, Bonaduce."

"U2 will reveal that we wrote the song, 'I still haven't found what i'm looking for,' after we went to four supermarkets looking for Boo Berry Cereal."

"Mr. T will direct a documentary about Kirstie Alley's week-long tour of the grand canyon. The title, 'I pity the mule.'"

"U2 will reluctantly admit that the original title for our album, 'Achtung Baby,' was in fact 'Oi Vay Mama.'"

"'Bono will catch mono from Alyssa Milano.
The Edge will clip a hedge for sister sledge.
Adam Clayton will worship Satan in Dayton.
And Larry Mullen Jr. will be impossible to rhyme with."

"The Edge will admit that he wears a knitted cap to take the attention off Bono's crap sunglasses."

"The Edge will admit that the reason he wears knit caps is to cover the forehead tattoo that says, 'I Heart Urkel'?"

Edge's look while telling the jokes :cute: :drool:

I used to have the U2 secrets from the Conan O'Brien show. Lost them though when my computer went on the fritz. But yes there was a part where Edge says Bono hits them a lot,sometimes really hard,lol. The secrets are hilarious if you ever get to see them!Larry had a couple of great ones too,lol.

heh don't forget to mention the last one was said by bono! :)
also I saw the show on m y pc, well my pc was too slow to be able to do the songs... but I saw most of it... got the show on cd from another u2fan in my country together with alot of other thigns... :)
well the secrets thing I still want to see... never saw it. but cowboy Bono + cigar = hot... even tho it's soooo bad.... :drool:
here's the excerpt
:edge: We're not Irish. Honestly, we're not. We're from Duluth. We saw this Irish Spring commercial one day and just went, "that's it, we'll be Irish."
:larry: Everything I learned about drumming I learned from watching Max Weinberg. I'm sorry, did I say drumming? I meant to say shoplifting.
:bono: I'll be honest with you. Nobody promotes peace as well as me. If I don't win that nobel peace prize, I'm going to grab a big ass crowbar and whop me some Norwegian's skull.
*wonders where adam is*
love the pics too... LARRY ALMOST SMILES THERE!!!! heh and I love Bono's face... and edge's goofy look!
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/celebritysecrets/u2.shtml

Back
Top Bottom