We Met Daniel Lanois!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
Laura (Stories For Boys), Erin (Eep) and I met Daniel Lanois this past Friday, the 30th. Here is my experience. :)

Seeing and meeting Danny "that's what they call me over there" Lanois was certainly quite an experience. His concert was awesome. He's such a talented guitar player and you can definately hear how he and Edge influence each other. He doesn't even play with a guitar pick and he gets the most incredible sounds from his guitar. Some of the highlights were "Stillwater", "Jolie Louise", "Under A Stormy Sky", "The Maker" and "Falling At Your Feet" (a song he wrote in Ireland with his "friend Bono"). Before the concert, Tom Marker (I think) from WXRT (Chicago radio station)came on and said he'd be signing copies of his new CD after the show. Unforunately, I haven't bought it yet and they sold out of copies there. But, I did bring along my '45 cover of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". When I got up to him I asked him if he wouldn't mind signing that. He said "I can't sign that, that's Larry." I showed him what song it was and he turned the cover around and said "Am I on here?" We then proceeded to try to find his name on the sleeve with no success. It is on there, I found it later. He tried to sign it with a gold paint pen I brought along, but it didn't work. :( He got a lot of gold "goo" on the sleeve as well as a dull gold signature. He said it'd be a collector's item and then signed it again with black sharpie. He was a nice guy through all the fuss, lol.

Here are a couple of pictures.

3377837923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A43%3D799%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A333%3A9%3B7ot1lsi

3377837923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A43%3D799%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A333%3A9%3B9ot1lsi

:wave:

~J

:wave: hey! if you guys want to know my little story it's in my journal...

awesome show, awesome weekend!

Hi you guys! Do any of you feel like expanding your stories to be published on Interference.com? Let me know!!! :wave:

HelloAngel said:
Hi you guys! Do any of you feel like expanding your stories to be published on Interference.com? Let me know!!! :wave:

Ummmm...yeah, I could.

:hmm:

....Not sure what I'd exactly write down but I could give it a spin.

Back
Top Bottom