Update from Fly in Dublin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyYourKite

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hello all :)

I thought I'd post this here instead of in the party thread just so it'd be easier to read. I hope you are all doing well! :heart:

Things aren't exactly going as planned here in Dublin. The city is wonderful, lots to see and do, however (and this is probably going to come as a shock :lol:) I'm not staying to work here for the summer. Due to a combination of factors, I'm only going to travel around a bit, enjoy myself, and then return home. The girl who came over with me on the program and I don't get along. She's not what my first impression was, she's rude, self-absorbed and has completely different interests. It's next to impossible for a student to live in Dublin on mimimum wage even if you work full-time. All the cheap apartments listed are in really sketchy areas and the hostel staff told us of people who live there and get beaten up and their belongings stolen frequently. If we wanted to stay in a nicer area outside of the city centre it's WAYYYY too much money. Absolutely out of this world prices. I called my mom the other day and told her I felt guilty taking off for the summer while things are going on with my grandma and dad. She and I talked for awhile and she thinks I'm just homesick. Maybe there's a tiny bit of that, but it's so much more. I absolutely adore exploring the city and going to the cathedrals and museums. It's just kind of lonely to be doing it on your own.

In short, I guess it took coming all the way over here for me to realize I don't want to stay here for four months. :sigh: I'm totally fine though so don't worry. I'll take it all as a learning experience and don't consider it a waste. Good thing I have a free flight change for my return date. :lol: My friend is flying over tonight to stay with her family until June 2nd so perhaps I can talk her into staying at their place.

I hope you girls are all well! Hope to talk to you soon. :hug: :heart:

:hug: :hug: :heart:

So glad to hear from you!! And sorry to hear of your change of plans, but as always, you're infinitely wise, and looking at it in the most logical way possible. :) Sometimes things change, and we just have to roll with the punches, and be flexible. I hope things work out with your friend, so you can at least have someone to hang out with while you're there, and so that you can see and do more things before you come home.

Whatever the case, enjoy your time there, and bring us back lots of stories of fun and adventure. Love ya! :heart:

Heya sweetie :hug::heart:

Good to hear from you. Just emailed you. Sorry things aren't going to plan but like VP said you're dealing with it really well.

I said everything else in the email (sent to your school email)

Take care and have fun :heart:

Jem
x

Last edited:
Fly :hug: I'm so sorry things didn't work out. But I'm glad you're okay with your new plans. I hope you still make the best of the time you have there (I'm sure you will) and we'll speak to you soon! :hug: You know where we are if you need to talk. :heart:

Fly :hug: Strange how life changes so quickly and dramatically sometimes :heart:

It sounds to me like you've handled it well, though. You have a good head on your shoulders; trust yourself to make the right decisions. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you again :hug:

and Enjoy the time you have there!

Fly :hug: Sweetie I wish things had gone better, but I'm so proud of you for just rolling with things. I think this will be such a good life experience no matter how long your there for. And when you do decide to come home we are all waiting for you. I am so proud of you for stepping out on your own. I hope you can hook up with your friend while she is there to see some fun things together. And definetly take some pictures. I want pictures of our cute friend hanging in Ireland. :heart: :drool: :wink: Love ya tons! :hug:

Hi there, I hope you are able to sort things out and just be able to enjoy the city for what it is (sounds like you're doing this already). When I was in Tanzania, I missed my fam WAY more than I thought. Believe me, I am NOT the type of person who misses family. Now that I've been back home, all I can think about is going back there again! :lol:

Are you a college student? I ask because if you really need money to help with living expenses, you could get a student loan. I'm not sure how this always works, but last summer, since I'd been in Africa for a while, I hadn't had enough saved to cover rent, etc. during the summer. I got a student loan to help with that. Even though it was between school semesters, the school still approved it as college student living expenses (no questions asked), so the money went to my school and I transfered it out into my personal account. My fiance had to do the same thing because one summer he had to do a full time internship that wasn't paid, so he got a $1500 loan to cover his rent during the summer.

Fly:hug:

I'm sorry that things haven't gone as planned but as the other girls have all ready said you're handling things well :hug:

Hope you get to spend some time with your friend and have fun "sightseeing" :shifty:

Luv ya lots and hope to hear from you soon :kiss:
:).

Hi Fly! :hug: Everyone has said it so well so far, so I'll just say "ditto". Take care, take lots of pictures, and have as much fun as you possibly can! :hug:

Fly:wave::hug: Sorry things arn't working out as planned. At least you went over to see what it was like for yourself:up: The city sounds beautiful:drool: catherdrals..old buildings:drool: enjoy yourself while your still there...stay safe:hug:

Sorry everything didn't work out as planned hun. The best laid plans of mice and men, eh?
But hey, you're over there and you get to see all the sites! Party hard for all of us, will ya. I hope everything works out with your friend.
Enjoy yourself, take lots of pictures, and bring lots of stories home.
I want every detail, missy!

So good to hear from ya. :hug::heart:
Luv ya hun. Take care!

Fly :hug: Im sorry that you trip isn't going exactly how you planned it. Keep having fun though with all of the great places to see. Remember the memories will last you a lifetime :). Hope you take a lot of pictures!

sorry your intended apt partner turned out to be NG for you.
Yet now you also know now didn't want to say so long away, so maybe that was for the best.

But you do get to have the fun of being thre for awhile :D hope the arrangemnt with your freind can work.

and BB12 is abosutely right- you'll have great momories to keep :happy:

waiting for the "show & tell" :D
have fun!

I thought I'd put pictures in here just so it's easier to see instead of sorting through a thread. :) Here you go!

This is part 1, the Dublin part:

IMG_3696.jpg

On the way to the airport

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

The hostel. Lovely beds :lol:

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

I love the pictures! I'm still so jealous, but glad you had a fun time. You look hawt like woah as usual! :drool: :combust: :giggle: :hug:

Great, great pics Fly! :D:up:

FlyYourKite said:

Did you study at Trinity, or...? :)

Your pics brings up a lot of good memories - especially the Trinity ones^! :laugh: Can't believe that it's been 1,5 years since I was there last time - time really goes by so fast! :sigh:

Fly, what great pictures! If you get a chance, send me your travel schedule. I'm in Dublin and then Northern Ireland in June, so maybe we could get together at some point! email me at: ruffian @ U2email.com

:wave:

Thanks for sharing the pics Fly! :heart: They're so beautiful, and bring back such wonderful memories of my time in Ireland! :love: Can't wait to see all the others! :D

Where did you travel to Dublin from? The US?

I'm thinking of going, because I get special rates on Delta. Where did you stay? Was it an expensive trip?

FlyYourKite said:
I thought I'd put pictures in here just so it's easier to see instead of sorting through a thread. :) Here you go!

This is part 1, the Dublin part:

IMG_3696.jpg

On the way to the airport

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

The hostel. Lovely beds :lol:

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

aww they bring back so many memories of my trip to dublin. i miss it so much!

I hope things work out ok and good luck in the emerald isle dude!

Back
Top Bottom