U2 reunited with former stylist..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's an idiot. He compares Lola vs. U2 to David and Goliath and says that Lola couldn't win. But he doesn't seem to know his Bible very well because David did win.

Dana

"It is in the early stages, but I am working on it," he said. "It shows her on the cross, with all four members of U2 hammering in the nails. I felt very inspired by her, by the way she refused to give up. As a stylist she is an artist too - and she had her work cut out for her with U2. After all, they are hardly four male models."

:lol:

"The dignity with which she held herself throughout the case was only equalled by the shamelessness of Bono and the rest of the band. They should all hang their heads in shame.

:huh:

I guess some people have too much time on their hands:|

Can we send Lola and Pavel to the nuthouse together? Maybe we'll get a package deal :hmm:

This sounds like there's something else this guy has a problem with... Maybe his wife has a thing for the boys, and he's jealous... :hmm:

Larissa Nolan needs to calm down about U2. I feel like it's starting to creep past somewhat biased journalism into a kind of bizarre Rufus Griswold/Edgar Allan Poe situation.

I can't help but wonder if this...

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=129&si=1561021&issue_id=13674

is the same Larissa? If so, it kind of explains why she seems to have a bone to pick with the world right now. I guess there's usually a bit of unhappiness behind a cranky facade.

He'll definitely get publicity just from the idea of painting. Crucifixion?

I was reading an article suggesting Ireland's not that religious anymore, but it still might offend some people.

Just gonna hurt Lola more really. It's exaggerating to the point of being ridiculous.

She doesn't at all come across as someone who cares about others, willing to sacrifice her life for others.

Just.. ARGH.. totally unnecessary The concept doesn't really bother me because I like art that breaks rules, questions society and shocks but the early publicity it's trying to gain by using the band does!! The art isn't nothing special or conflicting or even sounds like its going to be an amazing piece. If this had been made and shown in a gallery without the articles people couldn't give a damn.. MONEY MONEY MONEY... "Artists" like this piss me off!

-Nikki

kafrun said:
Sharkey explained the motives behind his painting; "For me, it is much more than just vying for the underdog. Lola was David to U2`s Goliath, she could never win."
:scratch: didn't David beat Goliath?

Wonder if the journalist, the painter and Lola ever heard of the three little words "Let it go".

:lmao:

"didn't David beat Goliath?"

Maybe in his fantasy he's trying to be cashman's "secret weapon".

Ikkin said:
Just.. ARGH.. totally unnecessary The concept doesn't really bother me because I like art that breaks rules, questions society and shocks but the early publicity it's trying to gain by using the band does!! The art isn't nothing special or conflicting or even sounds like its going to be an amazing piece. If this had been made and shown in a gallery without the articles people couldn't give a damn.. MONEY MONEY MONEY... "Artists" like this piss me off!

-Nikki

Totally agree.

In fact I'd feel a lot better if he's willing to use the band in a more positive way, for example, do some U2 related artworks and sell them to the fans. At the same time, advertise his "real" artwork.

I hate people, who try to make themself look clean and shiny by throwing mud to other people's face.:mad:

U2girl said:
Wonder if the journalist, the painter and Lola ever heard of the three little words "Let it go".

:lmao:
I'd imagine it would be hard for Lola to let it go if she is, indeed, "hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt."

Could someone summarize what exactly went on in this case, because from this article, it really does sound like U2 could have laid off for a couple of hats and trousers - this woman's entire life is now destroyed due to this! I'd understand if the band wanted them back initially, THEN Lola refused, wanting to make a profit, and attempted to sue the band - hell, she deserves it, then. But if U2 were the ones that sued her... well, it kinda makes them look like an ass :(

Catman said:

I'd imagine it would be hard for Lola to let it go if she is, indeed, "hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt."

Could someone summarize what exactly went on in this case, because from this article, it really does sound like U2 could have laid off for a couple of hats and trousers - this woman's entire life is now destroyed due to this! I'd understand if the band wanted them back initially, THEN Lola refused, wanting to make a profit, and attempted to sue the band - hell, she deserves it, then. But if U2 were the ones that sued her... well, it kinda makes them look like an ass :(

short summary:

Lola tried to sell U2 stuff on ebay... also personal pictures and such
U2 send her a letter to take it off ebay and return it
LOLA SUES U2 AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND
U2 win
LOLA TAKES U2 TO HIGH COURT
U2 win
Bono gets bashed a lot in the press for this
Lola also wrote a book about them with a lot of lies and incorrect information in it
Lola lost, refuses to give up and now keeps on whining how in debt she is

IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT WOMAN! GET OVER IT! :banghead:

Fac ut Vivas!

^^^ If all that's true, then I guess she deserves what she gets. Through no fault but her own has she gotten in financial troubles.

Why are so many sympathetic to her, then?

Bones58 said:
I think Lola is fighting the good fight.

You're kidding right?!? :scratch: What "good fight" are you talking about? :confused: What's good about Lola trying to sue U2 for wanting they're personal items (that she stole to begin with) sent back to them and not giving her the chance to sell them on ebay and ripping U2 fans (i.e. people like us!) off?!? :angry: And away, it's all done and dusted now, U2 won! Fight over!! :shrug:

Catman said:
^^^ If all that's true, then I guess she deserves what she gets. Through no fault but her own has she gotten in financial troubles.

Why are so many sympathetic to her, then?
Why? Because U2 are rich, famous and successful, of course the "public" will sympathize with the poor little woman. The whole case is beyond ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom