U2 Interview: Jonathon Ross

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
Maybe the difference is between married PLEBAns and singles? :shrug:

Being married or single hasnt got anything to do with it. Im married but Im not dead. I fancy Adam.

Thank you for suggesting the points have been taken. Lets hope so. It would be nice to have PLEBA as a Fun For All place again.

Thanks.

Souly said:

And the rules are:

Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed.

If you feel graphic sexual comments are being made, you need to report the post to a moderator--they have the ability to do something about it.

ultrraviolette said:

If you feel graphic sexual comments are being made, you need to report the post to a moderator--they have the ability to do something about it.

Trust me, I do.

Miroslava said:
I

In here, I hardly go beyond the drooly smiley or two when commenting on posts. Am not even much of a picture poster... I guess I am just bummed that the first thread I open and my most significant "contribution" to this place ended up turning into this :sad:

I know it is not directed at me OR this thread in particular, so no worries on that, but still :(

Miro, I am sincerly sorry that your thread has been taken over. I'm very pleased that you posted these stills, as I was looking forward to finding some this evening.

Unfortunatly, quite a few of us feel strongly on this issue. I hope it'll pass, and that the point has been taken.

I do look forward to seeing more stills (hopefully from neutral, and others) from this event. :up:

ultrraviolette said:

The quote that Souly posted has been quoted A LOT lately by mods and members. That should tell you there's a problem....

Miroslava said:

In here, I hardly go beyond the drooly smiley or two when commenting on posts. Am not even much of a picture poster... I guess I am just bummed that the first thread I open and my most significant "contribution" to this place ended up turning into this :sad:

I know it is not directed at me OR this thread in particular, so no worries on that, but still :(

Im truely sorry about your thread Miroslava. I dont actually pay attention to who starts a thread and I didnt know it was your first thread. None of my comments where directed towards you. Please dont let this put you off posting and/or starting new threads. I appreciate the photos. Thats why I came into this thread in the first place. Maybe you could start the thread again ?

Again, my apologies.

arw9797 said:

The quote that Souly posted has been quoted A LOT lately by mods and members. That should tell you there's a problem....

I have no complaints about the mods on this board. :up:

arw9797 said:

I never said there wasn't a problem. My point is it is the job of moderators to censor threads and posts if need be. Rather than saying people's post are nauseating, etc etc.

There are 2 choices:

1. Report the post

2. Don't read it

:shrug:

It seems simple to me; I don't like reading some of the things posted in PLEBA OR in other parts of this site.

All's good.. And yes, more caps would be nice, maybe we can get this on topic... I would make more, but I was never really planning on capping the whole thing. I am running desperately short on storage space :huh: (not even U2 wise, just have a lot of crap for the website I help run on my accounts)

Miroslava said:
All's good.. And yes, more caps would be nice, maybe we can get this on topic... I would make more, but I was never really planning on capping the whole thing. I am running desperately short on storage space :huh: (not even U2 wise, just have a lot of crap for the website I help run on my accounts)

Do you do the Print Screen method of making caps? I don't know any other way to do it :huh: I hit Print Screen and take it to PSP to save it. :|

Please tell me there's an easier way!

ultrraviolette said:

Then they aren't doing anything about them? Perhaps that is the problem.

:|

Are you trying to play devil's advocate or do you really think that people who do not want to read all of the comments are the ones with the problem? I can't tell anymore....

I don't mean this in a bad way like I'm putting you down for being new here because I know a lot of newbies think that way but you've only been here for a month or so. This is all you know of what Pleba is. Trust me....this is something new that's happened in the last few months. It was not like this before. Most of the people who make all the posts about so and so's looks are new and most of the people that don't like the comments have been here for a while.

The point is why should the mods have to continually remind people that "Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed" I'm not going to run to the mods and report every post...the people making the posts should no better because it's been brought up so many times.

You keep saying "then don't read them..." It's really gotten hard to avoid stuff. And I've never said someone's post is nauseating. I just said it's old and a lot of people are tired of reading them.

starsgoblue said:
Maybe the difference is between married PLEBAns and singles? :shrug:

I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm married, and I really dislike the way PLEBA has become all dumb and drooly, but I know there are many single PLEBANs who feel the same way. It's just not the same place that it was, but perhaps that's not the point either. Rather than comparing it to how it was, let's just look at how it is now. There are way too many threads that almost immediately descend into salacious fantasies about "boning" Bono, about how droolicious he is, especially dipped in chocolate, etc. I guess the problem for me is that this preoccupation does not seem even remotely tongue in cheek, which might mitigate it, but rather, it seems mindlessly immature.
People go on about how cool it would be if Bono read these threads, but seriously, if he did, wouldn't some of you be completely mortified? Do we respect this man, and do we respect this band? I think PLEBA used to be more about that.

arw9797 said:

Are you trying to play devil's advocate or do you really think that people who do not want to read all of the comments are the ones with the problem? I can't tell anymore....

I don't mean this in a bad way like I'm putting you down for being new here because I know a lot of newbies think that way but you've only been here for a month or so. This is all you know of what Pleba is. Trust me....this is something new that's happened in the last few months. It was not like this before. Most of the people who make all the posts about so and so's looks are new and most of the people that don't like the comments have been here for a while.

The point is why should the mods have to continually remind people that "Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed" I'm not going to run to the mods and report every post...the people making the posts should no better because it's been brought up so many times.

You keep saying "then don't read them..." It's really gotten hard to avoid stuff. And I've never said someone's post is nauseating. I just said it's old and a lot of people are tired of reading them.

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate at all, how you came to that conclusion I dont know. I try to be as reasonable as possible in all things & unfortunately it usually leads to someone pinning me down to one belief or the other.

I don't like to read all the posts made here either, I already stated that.

It is ok to post about someone's looks, it's not ok to post graphically sexual elements. If you or anyone else has a problem with posts about looks, it's just something that will have to be avoided or ignored. Because it can't be moderated right?

The graphically sexual stuff WILL be moderated.

My point is, there are threads the mods can take care of, there are also threads within the legal boundaries of the rules whether you, or I, or anyone cares to read them or not.

Being new has nothing to do with any of this, it has to do with logical expectations from the forum, in my opinion. I'm not choosing sides, I'm not saying one group of you is right and the other isn't. I'm just trying to present all the options.

I'd rather not hijack this thread any longer, so it can get back to it's original intention. If you'd like to comment further, perhaps PM would be better :p

I make caps using BSplayer. Handy little media player and good for capping. It is free :)

Just google it and it should come up. Too sleepy to look

:yawn:

Thank you very much for the pics Miroslava!!! :bow:

Miroslava said:
JR11.jpg

JR12.jpg

:laugh: :cute:

... anybody know if there's a online version of this interview anywhere? :D

http://forum.interference.com/t105448.html

There you go, Merc - and it's a GREAT interview!

And the songs are really good too. :wink:

And thanks, Miroslava, for these excellent pics.

Bono is exceptionally handsome and full of sensual vitality nowadays, isn't he?

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

The interview was great, its so unusual to see them on a TV show! The songs stood up so outstanding live.

Sometimes was very emotional and Vertigo and I Will Follow rocked the place. I loved it during I Will Follow when Bono joined the audience. Did anyone else notice Ali in the audience? That was her that Bono went over to and kissed!

Jonathan Ross can be near the knuckle sometimes but he showed them just the right amount of respect with some good humour. :applaud:

biff said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm married, and I really dislike the way PLEBA has become all dumb and drooly, but I know there are many single PLEBANs who feel the same way. It's just not the same place that it was, but perhaps that's not the point either. Rather than comparing it to how it was, let's just look at how it is now. There are way too many threads that almost immediately descend into salacious fantasies about "boning" Bono, about how droolicious he is, especially dipped in chocolate, etc. I guess the problem for me is that this preoccupation does not seem even remotely tongue in cheek, which might mitigate it, but rather, it seems mindlessly immature.

:up:

I think it's fine to say a band member looks great and :combust: :drool: etc. , but some comments lately have just been over the top, and like biff said, immature.

But thank you for the stills Miroslava :bow: They're really great! :)

trust me...bono loves all this!

why J'a think he performs like that???

he knows what he's doing...

I don't want to get into the issue of the sexy issue but going up and kissing Ali like that - made the man 10 times more attractive in my book. So sweet.
I'm also loving the part where Larry, Adam and Edge clapped for Bono:)

half of that audeince were probably sitting there thinking 'who the feck is that lucky woman?!'

I thoroughly enjoyed that interview last nite - the fact that they had the guys from Little Britain on too made it better

The best bit for me was Edge trying to shove Bono off the sofa :lol:

The whole show was amazing,I wish my video player worked so I could have taped it:(

Thankyou for the pictures:drool:

pop marter said:
The interview was great, its so unusual to see them on a TV show! The songs stood up so outstanding live.

Sometimes was very emotional and Vertigo and I Will Follow rocked the place. I loved it during I Will Follow when Bono joined the audience. Did anyone else notice Ali in the audience? That was her that Bono went over to and kissed!

Jonathan Ross can be near the knuckle sometimes but he showed them just the right amount of respect with some good humour. :applaud:

hey did any Larry fans notice who was stood when Bono went over to kiss Ali? Ann was stood there smileing at Bono when he kissed Ali.
Soz to butt into converation just thought Larry fans might wanna see Ann..
Take care

Nikkievox:bono: :love:

Just a quick comment on the ranting

Everyone has a right to their opinion but I think all the Bono worship, while a bit excessive at times, is all in good fun.

I think we should just relax about it - :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom