U2 In NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
Headache, I knew you were there when you weren't posting. I kept asking where you were, I was hoping you found them! Did you follow the truck the whole time?

no i didn't want to risk the chance of getting shut out of the park in brooklyn... so i didn't even catch 'em on the flatbed... went right over to the park. but ya know, that made the moment when they came over the manhattan bridge in the flatbed truck all the greater... i had heard all the rumors from people about how they were doing the flad bed thing, then to see them come over the bridge with traffic at a stand still behind them and helicopters flying all around... quite a moment... one i'll never forget.

i took some pictures with a real camera, not just my cell phone... but unfortunatly that camera is now in new jersey sitting in the back seat of tony from the unforgettable fire's SUV :shrug: eh... after a few pints i kinda just forgot it was there. he's mailing it back to me though so i should have some better quality pics up next week.

Last edited:
God, that is so cool. Great description Headache :up:
Thanks for the pics :bow: to everyone!! :sexywink: :heart:

Found the set list in an email newsletter I just read:

U2 took to the streets of New York today and performed a free concert to film footage for their next video.

The purpose of the free performance was to film footage for their new single 'All Because Of You' but New Yorkers were also given an expanded set featuring songs from the new album 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' as well as some old classics.

The band performed 'Vertigo', 'All Because of You', 'Miracle Drug', 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own', 'City of Blinding Lights' as well as 'She's A Mystery To Me', 'Beautiful Day' and 'I Will Follow'. They also added 'Out of Control' and a second version of 'Vertigo'. :heart:

MTV filmed the performance and will air highlights in the USA on December 8.
:heart: :heart:

I got an actual set list. got the one that was by Bono's mic actually :drool:

On one side, there is a printed list:

Vertigo
All Because
Miracle
Sometimes
City
Beat on the Brat

On the reverse, with marker

Vertigo
All Because
Miracle
Sometimes
City
Original
(Mystery Girl) [parenthesis not mine]
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow

So this is not really what the ended up playing anyway... :wink:

Can't.wait.for.my.pictures.

:sad:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

no i didn't want to risk the chance of getting shut out of the park in brooklyn... so i didn't even catch 'em on the flatbed... went right over to the park. but ya know, that made the moment when they came over the manhattan bridge in the flatbed truck all the greater... i had heard all the rumors from people about how they were doing the flad bed thing, then to see them come over the bridge with traffic at a stand still behind them and helicopters flying all around... quite a moment... one i'll never forget.

Good point, if you did you might not have gotten in. It's like sitting in GA all day, it was worth it! I bet that was intense when they came over the bridge! Congratulations!

I really am so happy so many good Interferencers got to go instead of a bunch of fake people like the Super Bowl show or people who didn't really care!

i took some pictures with a real camera, not just my cell phone... but unfortunatly that camera is now in new jersey sitting in the back seat of tony from the unforgettable fire's SUV :shrug: eh... after a few pints i kinda just forgot it was there. he's mailing it back to me though so i should have some better quality pics up next week.

Tony is a cool guy (as I'm sure you know) so he'll send it and I bet your pics are great! Was Tony with you at the park the whole day?

U2Kitten said:

I really am so happy so many good Interferencers got to go instead of a bunch of fake people like the Super Bowl show or people who didn't really care!

well, there actually were some people in the crowd who didn't really seem to appreciate being so close to the stage.... right next to me were a few high school girls, who got lucky b/c security broke down (they certainly didn't wait out like others), and they only knew the words to 'vertigo' and 'beautiful day'... but, hey, that's ok- they seemed to be having fun anyway! and maybe this performance converted them! ;)

all in all, a great day... thanks for the info about the setlist, Miroslava!! :)

I will scan it once I get home

Just flew in at 8:00 am today, was in at work by 9:00 :eyebrow:

*Ally* said:
there are some more photos here, from when they're in Times Square.... love the pics of Edge eating pizza w/ his guitar on, and Bono handing out pizza to the fans! ;)

http://www.lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action-nl.do?eventid=91076#

mmmmmmmmm . . . pizza :drool:

I might be able to get bigger ones of those this evening (they'll have a watermark though :( ) - I'll post them later if I do (I have a lot to upload :lol: )

kellyahern said:

mmmmmmmmm . . . pizza :drool:

I might be able to get bigger ones of those this evening (they'll have a watermark though :( ) - I'll post them later if I do (I have a lot to upload :lol: )

lots of good pics here too:

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/

there should be a thumbnail on the left of U2 that you can click on to go to the gallery, the pics will enlarge when you double click on them :wave:

I meant to edit my original post, but I quoted myself instead :reject:

Everybody having pizza...

a66d93e1.jpg
87ce0e02.jpg
9b237fb5.jpg
dc4d5769.jpg

6d733414.jpg
513c3827.jpg

I want some too :drool:.

Gah!

Found a picture of Bono starting to reach for me, but he got so much closer than this!

Picture taken by Ruth at U2log.com (thanks Ruth! Hope you don't mind!)

reachme.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, i love the news reports!! so many friends interviewed... thanks so much for posting, Miroslava!

and looove the photo of bono reaching for you... don't worry, ruth doesn't mind so long as you credit her. :)

Jesum... just realized Bono is licking his fingers... :| :| :| :| Must get bigger version....

Back
Top Bottom