U2 3 (or Three) 7" at eBay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
*sigh*

I just need to vent... feel free to read or discard... whatever...

Ok, so I bid on U2 3 & I really want this fool thing & it's the second time I've bid on it and have not been able to reach the "reserve" and it's driving me crazy!!! And eBay warns you to not ask the seller what his/her reserve price is b/c it's considered "private." How irritating! (Yet, I do understand...)

Anyhoo, I also kinda feel like crap b/c when a seller doesn't sell his/her item by the deadline b/c no buyer met the reserve price, the seller has to pay a fee to eBay, which I think is totally unfair, but that's just the way it is.

So, here I am having reached the max amount I can bid on this copy of U2 3 with only 12 hours and 17 minutes left and no one else is bidding on it and I'd hate to end up making some seller have to pay a fee again for the same darn item just b/c I couldn't afford the reserve and no one else bid. I dunno why, but it's embarrassing to me. :der:

I wanna yell & scream: Hey! You! U2 fans! Go bid on this so I'm not the jackass! :eek:

*sigh again*

It's not even an original pressing, but I've never seen one of those on eBay, but, at least, it's got the cover sleeve I want... Argh... Well, if you want, here's the link so you can go look at my pathetic bid:

U2 3 on eBay *cries*

-Mel :scream: :banghead: :crazy:

That's pretty good! I never go near Ebay (I dont trust myself :uhoh: ) but I hope you win!!! :hyper:

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:
That's pretty good! I never go near Ebay (I dont trust myself :uhoh: ) but I hope you win!!! :hyper:

ooohh eBay is evil!!! :macdevil:

I don't think I'm gonna win, tho, unless the seller can reduce the reserve price. :scratch:

It's not YOUR fault they keep trying to sell the same item and reserve is never met. They need to post it NR or at least lower the reserve. You can ask them if you want, even it it's not advized. My boyfriend did once and the person told him right away and didn't seem to care.

Some sellers I just don't get. I check at least 3x a day for "u2 poster" b/c there's a certain poster I'm looking for and NEVER find, but anyway, people keep posting the SAME stuff over and over and even though it never sells, they post it again for the same price. Especially that poster w/ all the album covers they call "RARE", so rare that my small private college sells it for $8 at the annual poster sale :rolleyes:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Especially that poster w/ all the album covers they call "RARE", so rare that my small private college sells it for $8 at the annual poster sale :rolleyes:

:lmao: * thx... I don't know why I feel guilty... coz, you're right... it's not my fault! ;)

Don't feel bad...the seller obviously thinks its worth more than it really is or thinks someone will pay any any amount just to have it...which might happen actually LOL!

Considering its not an original pressing, its probably only worth about $55-$60 yet its already up to $65.15 and the reserve hasn't been met yet. I'd keep looking.

Bono's American Wife said:
Don't feel bad...the seller obviously thinks its worth more than it really is or thinks someone will pay any any amount just to have it...which might happen actually LOL!

Considering its not an original pressing, its probably only worth about $55-$60 yet its already up to $65.15 and the reserve hasn't been met yet. I'd keep looking.

Yeah, I checked @U2 & it's actually only worth $55 (USD). Good thing I didn't press on to meet that reserve! And I sent him an e-mail -- it's NOT an original pressing, but he said it has a reserve b/c it was released the same year as the original pressings! Ha! Sorry, if it doesn't have that "UKTM No.B81 8091" written after the copyright warning, it's NOT worth whatever it is he thinks it's worth... Silly monkey. :rolleyes: (Unless @U2 is wrong, but I trust those guys, since they have nothing to gain by providing inaccurate amounts.)

This may be a dumb question but... how do you tell if it's an original pressing?

flaming june said:
This may be a dumb question but... how do you tell if it's an original pressing?

It has an official CBS number thingy on it near the copyright info. Re-releases were not numbered. That's really the only major difference between them (other than the later release with a totally different, boring cover.) But that little number makes a big difference to collectors simply b/c, well I guess b/c it means it's part of something "limited."

yeah.

ok.

right.

note to self: do not try to answer questions at 3:35 am when your brain is dead and you have to work and you're going bonkers trying to meet a deadline and yet find yourself on Interference! :yawn: :crazy:

I HATE items with reserves.. I think its so stupid. I either email the seller and ask what it is or I dont bid.

Ok I was trying to edit my post and all this weird stuff happened :huh:

Anyway, a lot of seller actually put the reserve price right there in the auction, and if they dont, they usually are more than willing to tell you what it is through email. I have asked before and always got an answer.

Back
Top Bottom