Time Zones and such. (this thread started at 2:30 am, EST)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunrazor

The Fly
Ummm... so, it's 2:30 am, and I'm not thinking clearly, and this struck me:

I know that we're not all in one time zone. I know for a FACT that there are some west-coasters here.

How come, then, we all keep the same schedule? At least, it sure seems that way. I've noticed that peak time is from around 7 to 11 pm (EST, again), which would make sense, as it's after everyone's home and had had dinner. But this suggests that we're all on the same clock, and I KNOW we're not.
It just... struck me as odd.
Maybe I should go to bed. I'm finding it difficult to type, now.
tongue.gif

Just ignore my random, late-night rambling.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

I've been thinking about this as well. For me though, who lives in Sweden and are 6-10 hours a head of most of you it's the most boring time here when I need it most, when I'm at work. Now it's 8.30 am here and everyone is on their way to bed and I just got up and to work....
frown.gif

------------------

"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

You live in Sweden? That RULES.
Sorry the whole time-zone thing doesn't work out for ya...
frown.gif

Well, there are always night-owls.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

Yupp, swedish I am.
biggrin.gif

It is kind of confusing for me with the time. Cause when I think it must have been posted alot of new posts, non have arrived and then I find out that the hours I've been away is when all of you are a sleep, like from 10 am-5pm here. One good thing about it though is that I've started to enjoy my late shifts at work more cause that's when it's most hectic here...
smile.gif

------------------

"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

Well I work 12 hr night shifts... while I'm east coast,I have a different time zone weekly in a sense. May explain all my 4am posts...
biggrin.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Cause when I think it must have been posted alot of new posts, non have arrived and then I find out that the hours I've been away is when all of you are a sleep, like from 10 am-5pm here.

Yeah me too... It is 7:22pm here right now.

euro here too. so when im here its dead. BUT while im asleep and y'all post yer piccies and stuff... so when i wake up, turn on my puter, go to PLEBA..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

lots of new threads and piccies, just what i need to wake up
biggrin.gif

Yeah, Here right now it's 4:05pm, Central Time.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! I FINALLY UPDATED IT AFTER A VERY LONG TIME! SLIDE SHOWS AND A TON OF PICS FEATURING U2!

http://rattleandhum.icyspicy.com

now its 11.31 pm here.. euro time (not uk, but rest of euro, not greece though, lol, dunno what timezone im in, gmt+1 maybe? no idea)

Originally posted by Shirley:
now its 11.31 pm here.. euro time (not uk, but rest of euro, not greece though, lol, dunno what timezone im in, gmt+1 maybe? no idea)

Ahhh....same here and yes it's GMT +1. I planned to go to bed early tonight to try to catch up on some missed sleep from last week... Here I am, still awake at 11.30pm, only because now is the time when it starts moving here.... *lol*

------------------

Originally posted by Sunrazor:
Ummm... so, it's 2:30 am, and I'm not thinking clearly, and this struck me:

im at that point now.. 2.29 am actually, not thinking clearly either. oh.. 2.30 now

omg, this looks bad, first reply at 11.30 am and 2nd at 2.30 am :\

(have been away though, lol, from 5 pm till 8.30 pm :\ )

Back
Top Bottom