This man is unbelievable!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
So I am sitting here and reading Q....I mean really reading it and not feverishly skimming through and drooling on the pics. These two paragraphs left me breathless:

Bono on his father:
"I think we did make peace towards the end,"He says. "But in a really Irish way. We were like two men sitting in a pub and not talking to each other. He loved Shakespeare so I read some to him. I drew him in his sleep. There was a greater understanding.

Bono on Ali:
"There's still a lot I don't know about her. She's a mystery to me. Sometimes I feel I'm not good enough for her...I love her."

:sad: We are so blessed to have, in whatever small way, fellowship with this man. He is so amazing and his heart is unlike any man's I have ever known.

I hope you all have someone special like that to call your own and for those like me, I hope we will all find our own Bono's....:heart:

starsgoblue said:
So I am sitting here and reading Q....I mean really reading it and not feverishly skimming through and drooling on the pics. These two paragraphs left me breathless:

Bono on his father:

Bono on Ali:

:sad: We are so blessed to have, in whatever small way, fellowship with this man. He is so amazing and his heart is unlike any man's I have ever known.

I hope you all have someone special like that to call your own and for those like me, I hope we will all find our own Bono's....:heart:

:hug: i'm looking for my Bono with you Stars. :hug: i've seen thus quote 'bout Ali somewhere before- i think it's just beautiful :heart:

Thanks, stars, for your wonderful words on the B-man.:wink:

Bono is simply one of the BEST people in our world for his humanity, his honesty and his humor.

But I think the most important thing about Bono is how his life was transformed by Grace and that each of us can find our own Bonos by becoming more like Bono! :up:

By showing the world our patience, our forgiveness, our acceptance, our concern - in short, OUR LOVE, we create that space in our lives that will lead our own Bonos in to our lives.

And I think the B-man would like to think that the people who appreciate him are willing to follow his MOST SINCERE WORDS TO US and get involved in helping the poorest people in the world.:angel:

By showing our Love for others, we increase the likelihood that Love will show itself to us.

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR GIVING US AN EXAMPLE OF A MAN WORTH LOVING....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

On my CD that I just burned :macdevil:

It's VERY good! :hyper: City of Blinding Lights is still my favorite, followed by Yahweh and Miracle Drug.

:heart: Bono's voice/lyrics

My Bono infatuation has been just been given a violent shove into severe infatuation. I didn't think it was possible, but he's done it. I wish I could crawl inside his imagination for a day.... :heart:

Be careful, y'all - remember the B-man's own words: DON'T FIND YOURSELF IN ME (Love Comes Tumbling).

He was telling us all something very important over twenty years ago. While we can all love and respect this man, "infatuation" is not the best path. :ohmy:

We lost the message of this thread along the way.

Love yourself, do good for others and you will find your own Bono.:hug:

I'm sure that is what he would tell us if he could.

YOUR LOVE IS TEACHING ME HOW TO KNEEL....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

tiny dancer said:
Of all the magazines that have recently featured U2, Q Magazine was the best. :applaud:

I agree!!! I actually really love Q magazine now. NME can be really rubbish with their album reviews. But Q usually has great content, AMAZING PICTURES!!! And Their free CDs are super!

Now I'm figuring out what this "leak" is. I was out of town for three days and I'm in recuperation mode right now. Duh.....new album? On the Internet? I've already ordered the thing. I trust I'll be getting it soon. Then I'll find out everything I want to know about the lyrics.

Number 3 is Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own....the song Bono said to his father at his funeral. Amazing song. Listen to it only with a glass of wine in one hand and a Kleenex in the other. :sad:

sweetie said:
Sigh..can't wait.
How does Bono sound. I usually hear his voice first, lyrics second, and music third.

in this song SYCMIOYO? you gotta have at least a hankie with you. sad but not mushy. the chorus is so touching. he sings it with a falsetto that sort of faints towards the end, like you can imagine him singing with eyes closed, but instead of the voice coming from the voice box, it is coming from deep down in his heart. i get goosebumps listening to the chorus. this man's a genius (if not already oft repeated). a man for all seasons. he just keeps getting better and better at it.

i could listen to this song over and over again with my headphone and not get bored with it at all. each listen draws you deeper into the man's sensitivities. yahweh is also beautiful and of the exalting type. funny but their songs have the rhythm and the beat that would never go out of style.

Back
Top Bottom