There's a first time for everything...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
:wave:

Greetings girls..

Just hadta share that I saw 'them' for the first time last night (15th), in Manchester and they were totally awesome. The whole thing was absolutely just....well, I'm lost for words. The atmosphere when the crowd sung One and Vertigo back to the band and when everyone lit up their phones...

And as for Bono....:drool: :drool: :drool: If it is at all possible he looked hotter in the skin then in photos or film..

The show was heartstoppingly brilliant w/them playing something from virtually every album..just like a Greatest Hits session...

...anyway, I know I'm rabbiting but I just HAD TO TELL SOMEONE

(ok, going now, gonna climb back into my smut filled fantasies about Bono, geez that man is so, no I won't post that comment here..don't wanna get thrown out).

Congrats on your first time. Glad you enjoyed it. I just saw my first April 25th. I'd have gone to every one since '84 but I was living in Alaska til last November and they never came to see us there.

youvedonewhat said:

Greetings girls..

Just hadta share that I saw 'them' for the first time last night (15th), in Manchester and they were totally awesome. The whole thing was absolutely just....well, I'm lost for words. The atmosphere when the crowd sung One and Vertigo back to the band and when everyone lit up their phones...

And as for Bono....:drool: :drool: :drool: If it is at all possible he looked hotter in the skin then in photos or film..

The show was heartstoppingly brilliant w/them playing something from virtually every album..just like a Greatest Hits session...

(ok, going now, gonna climb back into my smut filled fantasies about Bono, geez that man is so, no I won't post that comment here..don't wanna get thrown out).

awwww...you'll never forget your first:drool:
I am soooo happy for you:applaud: I always get excited when people tell me they are going or just went to thier first U2 show cause I know what they are in for and they have no idea.

Isn't it magical kinda? Did they release confetti during COBL...that was really cool..and the cell phone thing kinda grabbed you right around the heart....it was awesome, moving and spooky all at the same time:hug: I'm glad you had a good time:hug:

oh and yeah Bono is even a million time hotter in person compared to the pics....and I didn't think that could be possible:drool: :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Congrats, YDW!!!! :hug: Aren't they all just sooo delicious in person??? :drool: :censored: :combust:

I hope you're now properly, um.... motivated to write the next chapter of "Drawers"???? :laugh: Those are what helps me pass the time until I see them in Nov & Dec. :D

youvedonewhat said:

Greetings girls..

That's wonderful, youvedonewhat! When you left the stadium, did you feel like you were walking six inches above the ground and that there were sparks flying from your fingertips? :wink:
That's the analogy my sister Swandiver used, and I agree! Our first was in October 2001, and our second was this past May in Chicago. So now we are looking for tickets to one of the September Chicago shows. :yes:

I hope you will get to see them again.

Hey Ms Purrl!!!:wave: I was at the Chicago show 5/9 ..It was amazing!!! Which one where you at 5/9 or 5/10?
I have GA for the September Chicago show!!!! I cannot wait:rockon:

WEEEEEEEEEEE gr8 for u!!!:rockon: i hope u took nice pics to remember the moment forever!!! :) I'm still waiting for my 1st moment! I'll wait for u!!! With or without U2!! :D

youvedonewhat said:

Greetings girls..

Glad you had a great time YDW!!

It's my first time on the 29th June too! :hyper:

Congratulations on your first concert!

And as for Bono.... If it is at all possible he looked hotter in the skin then in photos or film..

Exactly what I thought when I saw him up close in Chicago. I mean, how is that possible? But it is. He's beautiful. :drool:

Glad you made it to a show!

aislinn said:
Congratulations on your first concert!

Exactly what I thought when I saw him up close in Chicago. I mean, how is that possible? But it is. He's beautiful. :drool:

Glad you made it to a show!

Hi aislinn:wave: Are you going to the Chicago show again in September or will you wait untill December and see them in Saint Louis? I would like to go to both if possible:reject:

I don't have tickets to either Chicago or St. Louis in the fall, but I'd love to go! :)

I'm going to see them in Vegas November 5th, though.

If I had the money, I'd just follow them around and see as many shows as I could. :wink:

:drool: Same here!!! I like STL ...I was born there...but it is something about the United Center that I love too :heart: I got GA for the Chicago show in Sept...:rockon:

Oh YDW, that's so awesome about your first time. And yes, hopefully seeing Bono in the flesh will be a great inspiration for 'Drawers'. Hehe.

I'm also awaiting my first U2 show. Cleveland in December baby! Woo Hoo!:rockon:

No probs, Lemon3 & BluRmGrl.... 'Drawers' is firmly in production:
:drool: :drool: After seeing the Great B looking so feckin' hot, lifting up his jacket and wigglin' that fine arse at the crowd, I'm well on the way to some 'warm' fantasies. Shite, but he was amazing to look at.

...he's got more sex appeal at 45 then loads of 'celeb types' half his age. That man just oozes sex an' all I wanted to do was crawl across the top of the crowd and attach myself firmly to his body...:evil:

Ancalagon said:
Hearty congrats, YDW! How close to the stage were you?

I was up in the first level. There was three altogether, ground, first and second. But we had seats right at the front and slightly to the side so the stage was in perfect position although a little closer would have been better. Could still see Bono and the boys very well though. I spent a lot of the evening hanging over the railings...apparently some turkey fell over them the night before - drunk so the steward said.

I am so glad you got to go and see them play YDW I was actually thinking of you when they were playing in England hoping you could get there and you would get a chance to see Bono in the flesh cos you write such wonderful fan fic.. and I know it will be inspiring:drool: I am so happy for you I just got a week to wait till croke park then it will be my turn I seen them here 7 years ago on the popmart tour and didnt think I would get the chance to see them again, so I am highly excited

annj said:
I am so glad you got to go and see them play YDW I was actually thinking of you when they were playing in England hoping you could get there and you would get a chance to see Bono in the flesh cos you write such wonderful fan fic.. and I know it will be inspiring:drool: I am so happy for you I just got a week to wait till croke park then it will be my turn I seen them here 7 years ago on the popmart tour and didnt think I would get the chance to see them again, so I am highly excited

It'll be a great gig and I wish I could go to them all..you'll have a brill time. What I liked about it was the fact that it was such a great day. Not just because of the concert but the whole thing - the traveling, the stop overs, the walking to the stadium amongst all those other like minded ppl. Knowing that they were all as excited as me and as for hearing them practice outside the stadium, knowing that they were inside, not a few feet away...it was the most incredible thing...

..and thanks for your vote of confidence regarding my writing...Drawers is SO on it's way..I'm gonna really hafta see to that Bono in my next instalment..lol

Congrats!!!:D

I'm awaiting my first...September 23 in Minneapolis!!! I'm counting down the days:rockon:

Carmelu2fan said:
Hey Ms Purrl!!!:wave: I was at the Chicago show 5/9 ..It was amazing!!! Which one where you at 5/9 or 5/10?
I have GA for the September Chicago show!!!! I cannot wait:rockon:

We were at the 5/9 show--second level behind the left-hand corner of the stage. They didn't play to the back of the stage as much as they did at Notre Dame in 2001 (because of the "light curtains"?), but it was still mighty fine. Haven't got tickets for any fall shows yet, but I think Chicago, Milwaukee, or St. Louis would be do-able! :hyper:

Awesome!!! I was on the floor at the 5/10 show :drool: I cannot wait untill September it seems so far away:( It would be nice to see some more PLEBAN's at the Chicago or Saint Louis show!!!:wave:

What are you girls doing to past the time?:help: I feel ike I am going insane waiting for September to come!!!:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom