The most pathetic U2 thing you've ever done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_212 said:

So did I :lmao:

The worst part is I found nothing wrong with this until you referred to it as a new level of obsession ;).

... I actually read her comment as I used Bono... :D... I really need glasses or sumthn!
also, how did you 'use' him in there then? :wink:

Galeongirl said:

... I actually read her comment as I used Bono... :D... I really need glasses or sumthn!
also, how did you 'use' him in there then? :wink:

:lmao:
Ah, yes...wish I could find ways to "use" Bono more often! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Anyhow.... :shifty:

I "used" Bono in one of my essays on my desire to major in International Relations, talking about his work with the One Campaign, the G8 Summit, etc. I also managed to put him into my honors application essay on bi-partisan relations...I'm pretty sure I would put B in all of my school essays if I was only given the chance :wink: Which reminds me, I have to go proofread my paper analyzing the different meanings behind "One" :hmm:

wanderlusting48 said:

:lmao:
Ah, yes...wish I could find ways to "use" Bono more often! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Anyhow.... :shifty:

I "used" Bono in one of my essays on my desire to major in International Relations, talking about his work with the One Campaign, the G8 Summit, etc. I also managed to put him into my honors application essay on bi-partisan relations...I'm pretty sure I would put B in all of my school essays if I was only given the chance :wink: Which reminds me, I have to go proofread my paper analyzing the different meanings behind "One" :hmm:

ooooooooh you are smaaarttttt!!!!!!
I should try that soon too... whenever I get an essay.. not that I get any... but still....
also.. agreed on what you first said :drool:

today I completely cleaned out my closets and reorganized my drawers and clothes, jeans, etc.

First thing I did was take out all my U2-like objects/clothes, etc. that related to U2, and gently placed them on my bed.

Then I reorganized everything, and left one drawer empty. And in that drawer, I put all my U2-ey belongings.

:drool: oh man, but it felt refreshing to clean my room for once. It was like a hurricane was here.. :crazy:

my desk/computer area is still earthquaked though.. :|

Hum... this is a little embarassing scratching the crazy side, but lately I've been obsessing with Larry's drumming.... so I walk around the house with chopsticks in ma hands air-drumming in general, and hitting the 1 2 3 4 before 'One', in particular.
Lots of times. To the point where everyone around the house goes crazy.

*hides*

bono_212 said:
I just e-mailed my local paper correcting them for stating U2 won 4 grammy's :reject:

I want to mail U2.com... they stated U2 have won 21 grammy's.... and I"m sure 14+3+5 = 22..... or am I nuts?

No I believe 22 is correct, because in that Rolling Stone interview with Edge he said that they had previously won 17, and then they won five....

A lot of people keep saying four...did one of these grammys not count as a U2 win?

bono_212 said:
No I believe 22 is correct, because in that Rolling Stone interview with Edge he said that they had previously won 17, and then they won five....

A lot of people keep saying four...did one of these grammys not count as a U2 win?

lol the radio here said four first too! but my father came downstairs and said they won five eh? and I was like.. huh I just heard four... well it's still nice! and he was like.. well on mY radio channel they said five... and I checked teletext... and it was five :D
and nearly everywhere I see noted they won 14 grammys... as if those three for vertigo don't count!

oh and I emailed MTV holland... if they're gonna air the grammy's
and I emailed the radio station for stating Bono's birthday in 61... and they said 14 grammies... ><

Well...the most pathetic U2 thing I ever did was almost trash my (still) favorite album, UF, in spectacular fashion.

Hell hath no fury like a teen who thinks her favorite band has sold out, which is what I thought had happened after War. (I was 14 at the time.) After the pounding drums and brilliant political couplets of that album, here was this S***--washed-out keyboards and not being able to tell what the f*** the song was about. (I am quoting my less-than Christian reaction at the time:wink: ) Our house had a fireplace, so I thought that the proper way to dispose of an album with such a title was to burn it, cover art and all.

We3ll, fortunately God sought fit to remind me that dropping a cassette into a fieplace was not so great an idea, safety wise. And later on, I relistened to it, it grew on me, and then I saw Live Aid, which made me a fan for life, after I'd been a fan for 4 yrs already.

Most pathetic? Hm. I have a long list. One recent entry was on the afternoon of October 8, 2005, at Madison Sq Garden, around , if any of you were there you'll recall how rotten the weather was that weekend. Couldn't spoil the vibe though! A crowd of people stood out in back waiting for them, and it was freezing cold, very windy and absolutely monsooning rain, and finally Bono's car stopped and he rolled down the window, and I shouted right at him, spreading my arms to indicate the crowd, "Yes, Bono, I know, we're all nuts!" He grinned, but I couldn't hear his reply, it was pouring too hard. I didn't care. It was my last Vertigo show on the 7th and I had to catch a train back to Albany in half an hr. My umbrella gave up the ghost and I was soaked to the skin. I then sat for 3 hrs on the train home in this condition, huddled in a fetal ball and hoping I wouldn't get pneumonia. Up north, it was even colder, it felt like snow and I wasn't dressed for that. Did I give a darn? No! What a way to end the tour

Pathetic things would include yearly birthday "celbrations" for the band memebers, esp Edge. I'd buy a brownie sheet cake and cut off aolittle and stick candles in it and do a Happy Birthday prayer etc. I know, but hey, when the band are like family....

Let's see: Not having a car and the bus broke down the day JT came out, so I walked almost 2 miles to the record store to buy it, and 2 back, (being too broke otherwise for a cab.) Almost gettng killed on the way back crossing an intersection b/c I was hearing "One Tree Hill" for the first time and belting out, "OH, GREAT OCEAN, OH GREAT SEA, RUN TOOOO THE OCEAN..." totally oblivious to the world:reject:

Speaking of JT, one of my findest memories from that yr was reading a fanzine article written by a high school boy who admitted (or rather strongly hinted) that he lost his virginity while listening to JT. He brought the album over to his girlfriend's house on his bike....to this day I've wondered, "What song?"

Snapshot, 1983: Thanksgiving Day, me washing the dishes after the dinner, the house full of relatives, and me going "BROKEN BODIES UNDER CHILDRENS' FEET", etc etc, at the top of my lungs, and mt poor Mom (RIP), taking me aside after many long-suffering months and asking me WHAT am I listening to.

I could mention a pathetic dream I had in March of 1992, after going to my first ZooTV show, that very night after the show, that involved (among other things) being taken backstage and a drunken Edge sobbing after losing his ski cap and an equally tipsy Bono covering his bald head with a peice of pizza, (cheese down of course) but I'd better not
:wink: (I kid you not, this is true)

PS can't find my post from yesterday...can anyone help me with the Ellen Degeneres footage and the CNN pizza interview on DVD? I h ave to check my email...(It HAS to vew a video or DVD b/c I don't h ave my own PIC and can;t just pop it up whenever I want)....

PPS. A footnote to the post yesterday. I mentioned that I had ran into a friend who said she just happened to have a friend who was a Christian Youth Minsiter and had taped the Prayer Breakfast. She is getting me copy. We talk about the Grammys and she just HAPPENS tio mention that not only is she a liongtime fan, but she just *happened* to meet Bono not at a show, but "some event..I forgot what) many yrs ago and he actually *picked her up and walked across the room with her in his arms*. I believe her b/c she said her hubby had this on film and she offered to bring the pics in to show me. I said to her, "Can you get me an NRA membership so I can shoot you right now???" :wink:

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
Let's see: Not having a car and the bus broke down the day JT came out, so I walked almost 2 miles to the record store to buy it, and 2 back, (being too broke otherwise for a cab.) Almost gettng killed on the way back crossing an intersection b/c I was hearing "One Tree Hill" for the first time and belting out, "OH, GREAT OCEAN, OH GREAT SEA, RUN TOOOO THE OCEAN..." totally oblivious to the world:reject:

That reminds me of what I did when HTDAAB came out.....cause see. ATYCLB was my first U2 album, and I didn't get that until at least two months after it came out....

So the release of HTDAAB was a big deal for me, and I drove everyone INSANE counting down the MINUTES until the album came out....and coincidentally it was the same day HP and the Prizoner of Azkaban came out, so I had two things to look forward to.

Well at 12:00, because I was distracted by Halo 2...I left my home (underage, illegaly breaking curfew) went to Meijer and picked up HTDAAB, and HP, and discovered THE SPECIAL BOX EDITION OF HTDAAB....let's just say someone had no gas in their car the rest of that week.

12:37:08 I believe was the exact time I bought the album, I used to have the receipt, and I memorized the time, but I've since misplaced it :(....

I must be really pathetic, since i talk to Larry's photo every night before i go to sleep. I've even been caught, by my 4 year old, kissing him goodnight.

i also carry him around on my keychain - picture in my pocket.

i also try and use at least a quote from a song every hour.

all my friends think i'm insane.:scratch: :coocoo:

Last night, I turned the TV off in my room at 1:18am after waiting for Original Of The Species to come on! :crazy: It didn't come :( but at least I saw the end of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band from Live 8, and Sunday Bloody Sunday from Live Aid on VH1 Classic!!:wink:

WOW. You guys put me to shame...

Should I make a FULL confessional of all my U2 "sins"? :wink:

(nods toward the Video Confessional Booth)

I actually had a couple of "pathetic U2 fangirl moments" tonight... :eek:

1) Quietly singing along when "The Sweetest Thing" played in a store my friends and I were visiting,

2) Not-so-quietly singing along with "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" in the car on the way back,

and finally, the truly pathetic U2-related thing of the evening...

3) The "store" I mentioned (see #1) happened to be a Yankee Candle factory/outlet thing...I don't really know how to describe it, except to say it was really big and very cool. :) Anyway, I went around sniffing just about every "Midsummer Night" candle they had there, because I read somewhere (probably on this forum?) that it smells like the cologne Bono uses. :eek: :der: :silent: :shh: (Incidentally, my friend Erin agreed that it smells absolutely delicious, although our two male friends who were there with us disagreed. "It smells like aftershave, what's so special about that?" Erin & I just laughed and decided it wasn't worth trying to explain to them why the "masculine" scent was appealing to us.)

Heard COBL in the grocery store the other day and stopped near the entrance to the deli just to double check what song it was. I heard the rumbles of the intro near there and knew :)

*sigh*

my mom is used to this occurence happening :)

every time a u2 song plays in a public place, my concentration is gone... when i'm with someone, that someone usually thinks i'm loony! :D like the other day we were at ruby tuesday eating dinner and COBL plays and a little after that, WOWY .... i kept saying i love this song, i love this band, i love that voice... hummed along, etc etc.... didnt pay attention to a whole lot else! :D
:reject:

u2_girlie_2002 said:
Heard COBL in the grocery store the other day and stopped near the entrance to the deli just to double check what song it was. I heard the rumbles of the intro near there and knew :)

*sigh*

my mom is used to this occurence happening :)

COBL?:eyebrow:

Cabcere said:
I actually had a couple of "pathetic U2 fangirl moments" tonight... :eek:

1) Quietly singing along when "The Sweetest Thing" played in a store my friends and I were visiting,

2) Not-so-quietly singing along with "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" in the car on the way back,

and finally, the truly pathetic U2-related thing of the evening...

3) The "store" I mentioned (see #1) happened to be a Yankee Candle factory/outlet thing...I don't really know how to describe it, except to say it was really big and very cool. :) Anyway, I went around sniffing just about every "Midsummer Night" candle they had there, because I read somewhere (probably on this forum?) that it smells like the cologne Bono uses. :eek: :der: :silent: :shh: (Incidentally, my friend Erin agreed that it smells absolutely delicious, although our two male friends who were there with us disagreed. "It smells like aftershave, what's so special about that?" Erin & I just laughed and decided it wasn't worth trying to explain to them why the "masculine" scent was appealing to us.)

can somebody bottle this scent and send it to me???? I have no idea if I can get those candles here and how they will be called here.... must... smell..... . Bono... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom