The Gerry thread...continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got back from seeing it.

It's a really good movie. It really is heartbreaking and quite starkly done--it's not sappy at all. It's kind of like "The Full Monty" in that everyone's lives are kind of depressingly real.

Gerry is drop dead gorgeous throughout, but he totally breaks your heart too. In the trailer, there's a scene where he and Frankie's mom are talking on a bridge and he says "You protect him every single day." That whole scene is just so well done and anyone who says Gerard Butler can't act should eat their words. I won't give anything away (though some of the reviews have blown it) but she tells him of Frankie's real dad, and the look on his face--you just want to cry.

The scene where she introduces him to Frankie as his dad--there's been interviews where he talked about how difficult that was to film because of his own childhood, and you could tell he was really trying to keep his cool. (Sometimes, I want nothing more than to give Gerard Butler a big hug, you know??)

Anyway, I hope it arrives in your towns so the rest of you can see it!! I want to buy this film right now.

AvsGirl41 said:

It says so, but I don't know if they are only Northern California stores? Here's a list.

http://www.7x7mag.com/newsstands/

I will pay you if you can find me one. :wink:
\

well it looks like the only place listed that i am remotley close to is Cerittos. maybe i can get a ride there this weekend, but ill let you know by friday. and then ill take some orders. :wink:

okay well im going tomarrow to see if they have them. so do you both want one? i suspect them to be $5-10 a piece so... tell me if you want one.

If they have them, count me in. :) I will send you a check or money order covering the magazine and postage.

They have Dear Frankie posters on Amazon.com cheap!! I just bought one.

ok, hope they have them! thanks for the tip on the posters. i'll check it out!

hey are you going to any shows this tour?

Just one, here in Denver on the 20th. :) I'm really excited, but totally freaked about camping out.

I might have an extra ticket, maybe I should send it to Gerry and invite him along.

New pics...only he could pull this look off!

dtk22.jpg

hahahahaha!!!! gorgeous! what the hell's he doin anyway?

hey i was wondering, if you were gonna get yourself some merchindise after the show, if you could get me something from the show
because i was too retarded to get it myself when i was there. it is the $2 dollar button that has two bombs crossing a red and black bullseye and the background is green. i can send you the two bucks with the magazine and then when you send the check you can throw the button in the envelope. but i know you are gonna have a busy day already so if you arn't gonna get anything for yourself i wouldn't want you to wait in line. i can just get it in november if you cant.

It's the "Dressed to Kilt" fashion show...I think. I don't really know what's going on in that photo either!

I'll be happy to get you the button and don't worry about paying me back, it'll be a trade for your time in looking for the magazine. I know I'm going to buy a t-shirt there, so it'll be no problem. :) I'll write it down so I don't forget what it looks like.

I wish I'd bought pins at Elevation. I have some retro U2 pins from a record store, and my U2 white flag one appears to be decomposing. :huh:

This is the naughtiest. I'd have tucked my number in there as well! I wish I'd known about this, I would have been sorely tempted to fly to New York. They had Wallace's sword there!!

It reminds me of the time I went kilt-checking at the Renaissance Faire...memories! None of them looked like Gerry though.

dtk21.jpg

He always looks so sunburned! Gerry, wear sunscreen! I'm sure you can find lots of people to apply it...

He is sooo thinking the same thing about that sword!!! :laugh:

AvsGirl41 said:
It's the "Dressed to Kilt" fashion show...I think. I don't really know what's going on in that photo either!

I'll be happy to get you the button and don't worry about paying me back, it'll be a trade for your time in looking for the magazine. I know I'm going to buy a t-shirt there, so it'll be no problem. :) I'll write it down so I don't forget what it looks like.

I wish I'd bought pins at Elevation. I have some retro U2 pins from a record store, and my U2 white flag one appears to be decomposing. :huh:

you'll never believe this but the barnes and noble store i was gonna buy the mag from was closed because they are making it a borders. but hope is still alive. my aunt lives in the valley and i will ask here to check her local barnes and borders. the huge one by her house has everything.

AvsGirl41 said:
He always looks so sunburned! Gerry, wear sunscreen! I'm sure you can find lots of people to apply it...

He is sooo thinking the same thing about that sword!!! :laugh:

yeah...those of us of scots-irish background tend to burn very easily...:eek:

:wink:

zooperson said:

you'll never believe this but the barnes and noble store i was gonna buy the mag from was closed because they are making it a borders. but hope is still alive. my aunt lives in the valley and i will ask here to check her local barnes and borders. the huge one by her house has everything.

LOL! That's hysterical! I wonder if Borders is making more money these days--I used to work for B&N, it was one of the worst corporations ever.

No worries, if you don't find the magazine, I'll still treat you to a pin. :)

Ha ha, yeah, it looked like Siberia out there yesterday! I thought for sure classes would be cancelled, but nope...it's already melting today. Tomarrow we'll probably all be wearing t-shirts and flip-flops. Colorado has really stupid weather!

I'm hoping this means we won't get our usual April 20th snowstorm--I don't want to wait for U2 in the snow!

When I was a kid, I remember having really good snowstorms, rarely under 3-6 inches, deep enough to play in anyway. And now we hardly get any. :huh: It's so cool when we get a BIG storm like this.

My dogs have never seen it this deep, the bulldogs are loving it. They plow through it like bulldozers. I thought I was going to have to pull them out of the big drifts though, but they managed to get out. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom