The Daily Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowKite

War Child
OK - I can't beleive nobody saw that last night and hasn't posted!

John Stewart, et al. mocked U2 (and Bono in particular) about playing at the world's most highly marketed event, while they have traditionally been careful about corporate sponsorships. They had one of the Steve's "on location" in New Orleans and he was totally Bono-positive.

When John asked why U2 was playing the E-trade Halftime show, Steve said it was because Bono understood that globilization was key to solving issues. Then when John asked him why it was we saw Bono at the world conference a few days earler, saying globlization was undermining issues, Steve said that Bono understood the complex issues and was in there standing up for something -even if it was both sides.

You could tell that they both really like U2 and were enjoying a kind of inside joke of fans that understand the B-man! The mockery was really quite mild and I LMAO!

Anybody else see it? It'll replay on Comedy Central at 7PM EST if you want to catch it.

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

just to let everyone know in case it hasn't been posted there were some very short interviews with Bono on Access Hollywood, Extra, and ET; each were after Bono came off stage

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"You changed me--and I thank you for that." -Bono 11/5/01

WWJND?

Alao, watch the Rosie O'Donnell show tomorrow (wednesday). I heard she's going to have some Superbowl footage and maybe the will even show U2 but I'm not sure. Maybe they will cause I read an article about the Superbowl conference and it mentioned that there was a guy from the Rosie show there and he talked to U2. I'll post tomorrow and tell you if they did.

I saw that! It was so funny -- but I couldn't come on and post about it because I wasn't where I could get online. Anyway, definitely there was someone on the show who knew about them.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

well i didn't see an interview, but they did mention U2 and showed Bono's head on the version of the daily show i saw on tuesday evening.

so it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom