Suggestion for fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elizabeth

New Yorker
i proposed this somewhere else and got 1 positive response, and that's all I need!

we should have a PLEBA contest. I'm suggesting a scavenger hunt. We could come up with a list of certain U2 related things, and work as teams and see who can meet all the requirements on the list. It could be a scavenger hunt that utilizes a variety of skills...for instance:
find certain kinds of pics...
re-write certain songs...
develop a set of photoshopped images
maybe for the literary, a script or two...
for the intellectuals, a lyrics analysis!
we could set a time limit, and then post our results and vote on the winners!

i don't have any cool prizes, but I can mission impossible on the bass while people work on fulfilling the scavenger hunt requirements!

is this like an on-line/Internet scavenger hunt??
smile.gif

I'm in...BTW Elizabeth, I completed my assignment in my picture test post and have to say that I'm quite proud of myself!!!

hey, i'm excited about it!
smile.gif

possible tasks:

1) find specific/rare pics

2) find a U2 website (you get credit if noone else got the same one, but if someone else did, you cancel eachother out in that topic)

3) rewrite song lyrics (no premade ones)

4) write a scene that's about 10 lines (or spoken parts) long incorporating 3 random assigned lines and 2 obscure actions that must be performed in it.

[ie: your scene MUST include the following lines and actions:

*"but- but that's peanut butter!!!"
*"...and then the fisherman told me..."
*" i'll need a salmon, some grass seed, and a water buffalo."

(must be done in relation to the plot)
*knit a ...
*hide behind a lamppost

the things don't have to be THIS much out-there, but you get the idea

5) doctor a photo

6)find specific threads from the past(from the ancient era of july or something)

7) make questions to try to stump other PLEBAns

i don't know. some of these are ideas elizabeth had already mentioned, others are just some ideas we could try. you guys could add if you have any
smile.gif

but, hey~ i'm all for this!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

hey, we could probably work out prizes too! who knows!
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
hey, i'm excited about it!
smile.gif

possible tasks:

1) find specific/rare pics

2) find a U2 website (you get credit if noone else got the same one, but if someone else did, you cancel eachother out in that topic)

3) rewrite song lyrics (no premade ones)

4) write a scene that's about 10 lines (or spoken parts) long incorporating 3 random assigned lines and 2 obscure actions that must be performed in it.

[ie: your scene MUST include the following lines and actions:

*"but- but that's peanut butter!!!"
*"...and then the fisherman told me..."
*" i'll need a salmon, some grass seed, and a water buffalo."

(must be done in relation to the plot)
*knit a ...
*hide behind a lamppost

the things don't have to be THIS much out-there, but you get the idea

5) doctor a photo

6)find specific threads from the past(from the ancient era of july or something)

7) make questions to try to stump other PLEBAns

i don't know. some of these are ideas elizabeth had already mentioned, others are just some ideas we could try. you guys could add if you have any
smile.gif

but, hey~ i'm all for this!
biggrin.gif

see this everyone?! there is so much creativity out there....we have to USE our gifts for the greater good.

i've thought of another thing we need to do...maybe two things...recalling recent popular threads.

1. bring in quotes from the band

2. something somehow to do with social responsibility issues that the band is involved in....something to benefit the world...i don't know what! but it wouldn't be U2-related without this aspect!

oooh! good ones! yea, we could make one mission be to list as many org.s they've helped out with and see who comes up with the most.

another thing, we could have quizzes or something involving fellow PLEBAns, maybe. unless we wanted to keep this strictly U2.

------------------
~Julie*

oooh! good ones! yea, we could make one mission be to list as many org.s they've helped out with and see who comes up with the most.

another thing, we could have quizzes or something involving fellow PLEBAns, maybe. unless we wanted to keep this strictly U2.

i would go for that, but i have trouble remembering people's real names! i always think of them in terms of their screen names.

I was thinking we could add an Irish section, too. Just general, but it would give more people a chance to shine! We need to be broad and give a lot of people (like me) a chance to actually do something to help the team!

true....

hmmm...

what about points for the # of concerts people have been to (we'd have to depend on the Honor Code)?

------------------
~Julie*

true....

hmmm...

what about points for the # of concerts people have been to (we'd have to depend on the Honor Code)?

yeah, that could be like a side count. in order to make this fun for everyone, we could have different categories. or it could be like a tie=breaker. It shouldn't decide the ultimate "winner" due to age/financial/location restrictions. I mean, I wouldn't want a U2 fan living in Timbuktu to lose out because she/he couldn't get to the venue!

(LOL)

this is turning out to be cool....

yea, i donated that one b/c (psssst! neither mona nor i have been to one yet!
frown.gif
)

------------------
~Julie*

yea, i donated that one b/c (psssst! neither mona nor i have been to one yet!
frown.gif
)

that's ok! no worries! now, i'm going to bed. I will wake up and read posts here and see what others think, then we will hash this all out and nail it all down and work out any wrinkles and be proactive!

GOOD night!

I'm completely in!!!!!!!!!!!! No suggestions from me yet...my brain is too full now and I'm excited cause I just started my very own web album with my fav pics!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I'm really excited about this! It will be pretty interesting. And for prizes... What did you have in mind Julie? A customized PhotoShop document? Or maybe a bootleg could be sent out.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Hey that sounds like fun! Count me in! I get Larry as a partner *grins evily* Then i'll "accidentally get lost" during the scavenger hunt and not come back for like 5 years with 2 of Larry's babies....uhhh I mean...sure put me in anybody's group
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Originally posted by On The Edge:
I'm really excited about this! It will be pretty interesting. And for prizes... What did you have in mind Julie? A customized PhotoShop document? Or maybe a bootleg could be sent out.

yea! exactly something like that. it may be general, it maybe customized to the winner, i haven't really thought too much about it, but i do have some fun ideas in mind though.
wink.gif

------------------
~Julie*

I'm 100% in.
biggrin.gif
I'd love to do this.

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

I have an extra copy of BP Fallon's Faraway So Close book in perfect condition and an extra Interference Las Vegas T-shirt I could donate for prizes.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I have an extra copy of BP Fallon's Faraway So Close book in perfect condition and an extra Interference Las Vegas T-shirt I could donate for prizes.

WHOA- those would be SO COOL.
ok we need to start getting people to sign up and then confirm the scavenger list and then put people in groups....

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 01-06-2002).]

I still think we should try to find a pic of Adam without that bracelet (or handcuffs
wink.gif
) cause out of all my hundreds of pics on my computer, I don't think there is one...lol

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

If people are in groups, how are we to divide the prizes? I mean, it is very nice to have prizes, but unless we have enough...

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
If people are in groups, how are we to divide the prizes? I mean, it is very nice to have prizes, but unless we have enough...

oh yeah.....
that is a good point.
i was thinking groups would be more fun. but the prize sharing issue is definitely a valid point.

ideas, pleba pals?

how many were you planning to have in a group?

------------------
~Julie*

ok - i don't have to be in charge, here, because I am very new to all the U2 resources. So Julie, if you want to decide what should be on the list, that's fine with me!
wink.gif

I do not mind collecting people's names. If you want to participate, send an email to e.pagel@verizon.net. Make sure you tell me that you're emailing in ref to PLEBA's First Annual U2 Scavenger Hunt!

I think there's already a lot of consensus on some of the things that will be on the scavenger list. That's awesome!

Should we meet in a chat and hash this out? Would that help with resolving issues like:

should there be teams?
how many to a team?
when does it start?
when does it end?
what about prizes?
who are the judges?
can the judges play?
do we have voting to determine what counts?

Back
Top Bottom