strange things on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teehee

Refugee
Doing a little searching on ebay I have found these things. Don't know about you but I didn't even know they exist! They are very curious.

:scratch:

Joshua Tree Pizza Box:

i-1.JPG

Inflatable Trabant:

i-1.JPG

U2 set of figures:

u2figures.jpg

u2boxed.jpg

Nesting doll:

2308.jpg

U2 symbols zippo lighter:

i-1.JPG

Last edited:
Car Pass:

carpass1.jpg

U2 Pillow :confused: :

i-1.JPG

U2 Fans Parking Only Sign

i-1.JPG

U2 band magnets:

i-1.JPG

Oh my, all those things and I can't find anyone who sells the U2 at the end of the world book and ships worlwide yet :sad:

Last edited:
Actually, my ideas are kind of psychotic and would probably be better if kept to myself. :silent: :crack: :uhoh:

i want that parking sign! but no!! i am saving money for their next tour...no spending for me...

Are we all saving money for the next tour?

Me too. Knowing my luck I will be all these months saving and then don't get tickets :grumpy:

I've banned myself from Ebay. :shifty: But I want all that stuff, especially that parking sign to aggravate my boss... (put it on his parking space in the morning. :evil: )

teehee said:
Car Pass:

carpass1.jpg

I knew the car pass existed we got one for Slane last year cus we went as V.I.P's but I dint go b/c I didnt wanna spend 4 days with my friends family and it wasnt u2 anyway

[random] I saw someone selling a bra on E-bay and someone bought it :crack:[/random]

Lara Mullen said:
[random] I saw someone selling a bra on E-bay and someone bought it :crack:[/random]
:lmao:

I think the number one are still the Achtung Baby condom packs. :shifty:

Random thoughts from a collector of this stuff...

The pizza box is a great find. Buy it if you can.

The Zippo came in an unofficial limited edition boxed set....I believe out of France, when ATYCLB was release. Fun to have but still unofficial.

The parking sign, pillow, magnets, etc. are fan based stuff only. None of these are official though I do have that magnet set on my fridge.

The trabby is a good find too. I've seen auctions hit $400 on that one....seen the pizza box only once online and it went for over $700 then.

I have the Sweetest Thing chocolate bar....good find too. I think I paid around $75 for mine and I know that was a bit high.

Carry on.

:|

damn, that's some spensive stuff

because of this thread I am now the proud owner of vinyl WOWY and Desire singles :| ($1 and $3, respectively)
and as soon as my transfer to my bank account goes through I will be the proud owner of a SATS single and the Numb video (both $0.75, damn half.com for not taking paypal and if ANYONE BUYS THAT NUMB VIDEO BEFORE I GET A CHANCE TO I'MA KILL YOU)

I found a random $22 in my paypal account and am on my way to spending $12 and saving $10. I thought that was responsible enough.

carry on :)

Ebay nutcase right here!!! I go on it every day just to look at the new U2 stuff being put on there!!! I'm addicted I tell ya!:yes: I've been on a poster binge for a while!!! But I can't buy anything anymore!!:mad: I need to pay my credit card bills for the upcoming tour when and if it happens. :yes: :wave:

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:
One thing I'm curious about:

Why would someone who has this stuff want to sell it? I sure wouldn't!

And how'd they manage to find the stuff in the first place?

Angela

I kind of wonder the same thing. These aren't things that you can find everyday or that someone who wasnt a fan purchase on a whim!

I'd hang onto it unless I was verrrry desperate for $$$$!

I went through an Ebay binge awhile ago along with a friend of mine. I am so trying to be good but it's addictive.

A lot of people (myself included) by 2 or more of each item. For example, everytime one or all of them are on the cover of a magazine, I buy 4 copies. I read one and put the other three in an airtight box.
If availiable, I buy as many of these other items as I can as well. I have 5 Fly Shades, 4 MDH door hangers, 3 ATYCLB release party coffee mugs, etc.
Many of the items are not being sold by people like us...they are being sold by collectors, not necessarily fans. When U2 hits the news they drop 5 or 6 items onto the auction boards and see what happens. Many of the bigger items are bought by these auction companies....ie: the American flag guitar signed by the boys and sold by Sotheby's. A fan did not buy that, an auction company did which means we will see it again on the boards....probably the day after the new album drops or a tour is announced.

Back
Top Bottom