so, who all here has stayed at The Clarence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marien said:
Before it was closed, we used to go to The Kitchen for a dance the night before we left for our respective countries, you had to be veeery well dressed to get in there, but I think it was the best place in the city centre (of course I can't get into Lillies, it's only for members)

I've been in Lillies and i'm not a member. Neithers Wildhoney who was with me and another Pleban. We went a tuesday which is a quieter night i think so if you go when its quieter and dress really nice you'd have a better chance. I bet mostly members only get in at the weekends and thursdays though when its really busy. :yes:

We only meant to go in for an hour, 4 hours later :drunk: stumbling out of there at 2.30am. :lmao:

Savi424 thats the sign of a good service trying to fufill every request you make. :) 17 hours of travelling. :yikes:

bonoishot said:

I've been in Lillies and i'm not a member. Neithers Wildhoney who was with me and another Pleban. We went a tuesday which is a quieter night i think so if you go when its quieter and dress really nice you'd have a better chance. I bet mostly members only get in at the weekends and thursdays though when its really busy. :yes:

Wow! Thank you! I never knew that, it's very likely I tried to go at the weekend, most of the times I go to Dublin I'm working there and I have to wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning during the weekdays, but next time I'll do anything to go on Tuesday. Thanks!

Stayed there for a week in easter 2006. My dad got disgustingly drunk in the Octagon bar and kept pointing at random men and saying loudly 'oh my god, emma, it's Bono!' .... it was so embarrising.
But a lovely hotel :heart:

Marien said:

Wow! Thank you! I never knew that, it's very likely I tried to go at the weekend, most of the times I go to Dublin I'm working there and I have to wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning during the weekdays, but next time I'll do anything to go on Tuesday. Thanks!

Good luck. It can be hard to get in but if its earlier in the week and quieter they're more likely to let non members in. There wasn't that much going on though with it being so quiet. :wink:

partygirlvox said:
Stayed there for a week in easter 2006. My dad got disgustingly drunk in the Octagon bar and kept pointing at random men and saying loudly 'oh my god, emma, it's Bono!' .... it was so embarrising.
But a lovely hotel :heart:

:lol:

Savi424, its hard to pick one drink but i'd definately recommend a cocktail while there. I had a Cosmopolilitan but they have a good range of different ones in the bar. Why not try a few? :shifty: Thats my plan when im there. :lol:

Hello from the Clarence! Lovely room, and the staff are awesome. The concierge helped me when someone spilled red wine on my white jacket at a pub. I tried washing it in the sink right away but couldn't get the stain out. I walked in the lobby and he sees me carrying a wet jacket and takes it -this is at 2am- and the next morning it is hanging cleaned and pressed outside my door, and he leaves me a handwritten note! The bar staff remembered me from my December visit :) They were a bit slow and so were making some cocktails for me to try, I was happy to help. :drunk:
I am off to HQ tomorrow, wish me luck :yippie:

i stayed at the Clarence in Sept 2007...I had been staying in backpackers for a couple of weeks, and thought I deserved a treat, after all its not everyyear you turn 40...so i did...and it was delicious...the bathroom was fabby, the bath awesome, and the room decore just to my liking..there was a touch of purple and inthe cupboard there was a red back to the wall...sky channel and amazing sheets...I rested for a few hours then went out to cruise Dublin...absolutely gorgeous...the octagon bar was real nice too...very cosy...ah i am so going back there when I go next year...why is Australia so far away...:wave:

In June 2005, during U2 weekend @ Croke Park, I had dinner @ the Clarence. It was fabulous!!! Delicious meal.

I was there with a tour group and the guide was told that Bono and guests were due to have dinner there later that night- around 11pm.

They set up a long table in the balcony. My group was allowed to hang out. We finished dinner around 10ish and for two hours we waited and alas - Bono was a no show:sad: If you know anything about my luck with meeting Bono...this is not a surprise. :banghead:

I stayed there once last June the week after my wedding! The service was amazing and the room gorgeous.
Also have to go there for dinner every time I'm in Dublin cos the food is to die for :drool:
And drinkies in the Octogon Bar :sexywink:

Had dinner at the Tea Room in 2005. The food was amazing, especially the dessert, and it was fun to dine at a super-posh place where the take your coat and put the napkin in your lap and all that.

Yes I've stayed in the penthouse at the Clarence. My friends and I went there last year for a special celebration - we saved for it for 2 years! It was worth it though it was fabulous!

DublinMay2007044.jpg

DublinMay2007058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom