RSOC #230 - Lasik or no Lasik

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Souly said:
Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

I mean, I'm not asking much - if Adam could just teach him how to tie a tie, not to wear a gold tie with a purple shirt and red sunglasses... you know, small things like that! :wink:

kellyahern said:

07633806.jpg

774575bd.jpg

eb95354f.jpg

kafrun said:

Exactly! Looks like we are heading really fast to that Adam-heaven, Kaf.... :wink:

Kelly, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:combust:

With...

922.jpg

.... or without
2.jpg

With...
AdamHumsColor26.jpg

....or without ??????
139cc616.jpg

I'm so indecisive...! First I missed the glasses, but then I was mesmerized by those sparkling blue eyes... Ahhh, gotta love that man either way! :love:

Merc said:

It certainly looks like his sight was rather bad before the operation... :hmm:

Does anybody know if he has ever given any reasons for why got the operation (just cosmetic or...)? :)

Operation?? :huh:

edit: never mind, i'm a bit sleepy here and i didn't realize you were talking about his eyes. since his shirt was a bit open i thought you were talking about a cardiac operation or something :lol:

Last edited:
Well, he and Susie did seem to indulge in some sort of make-over program to some degree, but I think it may also be a safe bet that Adam may need reading glasses, and to either switch glasses or deal with bifocals is some choice, so if you can do the Lasik, go for it. Although he did say the headlights halo on him so he can't drive at night anymore...truth be told, I think Adam also had a little suck and tuck under his chin while they had the needles out as well...

And thanks to Kelly, I am usually a staunch believer in, I don't like them suits and ties/they don't seem to harmonize, but those shots from Paul's celebration...hummuda, hummuda. Bon has to get his shit together, he must have looked like Adam brought his hand puppet with him for the evening.....any shots of the two of them together???

FEELINNUMB said:
Although he did say the headlights halo on him so he can't drive at night anymore...truth be told, I think Adam also had a little suck and tuck under his chin while they had the needles out as well...
Really? :huh: I don't see it..

Merc said:

It certainly looks like his sight was rather bad before the operation... :hmm:

Does anybody know if he has ever given any reasons for why got the operation (just cosmetic or...)? :)

He probably didn't want to wear glasses all the time. I would love to get the surgery done but alas I can't. :(

Originally posted by FEELINNUMB
Although he did say the headlights halo on him so he can't drive at night anymore...truth be told, I think Adam also had a little suck and tuck under his chin while they had the needles out as well...

kafrun said:

Really? :huh: I don't see it..

Yeah, me neither. I looked at photos from throughout the years, and compared to those from McGuinness' award pics, doesn't look like it all. Plus, gossip being what it is, especially famous people, if he did get something done, think it would be known. Bono's new haircuts get 5 pages worth of discussion. ;)

+++++++++++++++

My sister got contacts as soon as she could, my aunt has them, no one I know really wants to wear glasses.

My former stepfather either considered getting the Lasik done, or he did it already.

Glasses are to correct vision problems, guess Lasik helps that too? I don't really know the full details about the procedure but it's supposed to improve vision.

thrillme said:

Glasses are to correct vision problems, guess Lasik helps that too? I don't really know the full details about the procedure but it's supposed to improve vision.

i found this in a google search...

"LASIK is a surgical procedure intended to reduce a person's dependency on glasses or contact lenses. [...] LASIK stands for Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis and is a procedure that permanently changes the shape of the cornea, the clear covering of the front of the eye, using an excimer laser. A knife, called a microkeratome, is used to cut a flap in the cornea. A hinge is left at one end of this flap. The flap is folded back revealing the stroma, the middlesection of the cornea. Pulses from a computer-controlled laser vaporize a portion of the stroma and the flap is replaced."

there's more here: http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/LASIK/what.htm

:hmm:

If I had to decide - with or without LASIK...

I don't think I need more than 4 pages to decide - honestly the 3 first pics that you posted Kelly, they already convinced me! :lol:

HTDAAB-Adam, with LASIK - yesss please! :combust:

:wink:

^ :lmao: Bibien, darling.. I know the feeling :faint:

I disagree with Merc though, I think we need MORE evidence....... please :shifty: :drool:

^ Yes, it's not fair! He needs to clone himself so we can all have an Adam. Adam clones :drool: :shifty: :coocoo:

More evidence:
dan_adam.jpg

ads014.jpg

103462009_db589be9a0.jpg

AdamOSBWE3m24.jpg

jra6gk.jpg

jt5o5h.jpg

How'd that get in there? You can't see his eyes.. :shifty:

^^Vvvvery true!

Bibien, sorry, but I stole your smileys... Yes, I am a thief but at least an honest one. And you know how that line goes:

Some pray for others steal
Smileys are not just for the ones who kneel
.... if I remember correctly....

:wink:

So.... what about his teath then? What did he do to them? Looks like he's had braces, bleeching, etc. But he's developed a lisp!!! How did this happen????

Thanks for any answers. This has been bugging me for ages ;)

Back
Top Bottom