RRHoF Part 2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse chrissi said:
U2 leads newest members into rock's hall of fame
By Steve Morse, Globe Staff | March 15, 2005

.......U2 captured the most attention, though, and was inducted by Bruce Springsteen. He cited their sound ''of unrequited love and yearning," and said ''they're both a step forward and direct descendants of bands who thought they could shake up the world . . . U2 hungered for it all." Springsteen added playfully that Bono has ''one of the most endearingly naked messianic complexes in rock 'n' roll."

Bono's induction speech challenged the music industry, saying ''there would be no U2 the way things are today."
I never thought I would see this day...:applaud:

I am attempting to piece together the speech :)

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. March 15, 2005, 1:40 AM ET

U2, Pretenders Lead Rock Hall's 2005 Class
Billboard

In a memorable, self-effacing induction speech, Bruce Springsteen referenced the count-off at the beginning of U2's recent single "Vertigo": "Uno, dos, tres, quatorze; that translates as 1,2,3,14. That is the correct math for a rock'n'roll band."

Springsteen, who was inducted to the Rock Hall by Bono in 1999, recalled seeing an early U2 gig in London with the Who's Pete Townshend and marveling at "the young Bono, single-handedly pioneering the Irish mullet. U2 hungered for it all and built a sound, and they wrote the songs that demanded it."

U2 frontman Bono waxed poetic about seminal moments in the band's past, from a 1976 practice session in drummer Larry Mullen Jr.'s kitchen, to a 1982 show in New Haven, Conn., when guitarist the Edge tried to break his nose, to a 1987 incident in the South, when the group had received death threats for advocating that Rev. Martin Luther King's birthday should be honored with a national holiday.

"This is a bit of an Irish wedding," Bono said. "Beautiful girls in beautiful frocks, fights in the bathroom, lawyers with bloody noses." The group closed the evening with a set that found Bono waltzing into the audience and spraying champagne during "Until the End of the World," easing into the high notes of "Pride" and then tacking on a line from Springsteen's "The Promised Land."

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" epitomized the U2's enduring restless spirit, highlighted by Springsteen and Bono trading verses as the band simmered behind them. A blistering run through "Vertigo" capped the performance, which came two weeks before U2 kicks off its Vertigo world tour in San Diego.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Probably true...considering how she probably struck out with my fake boyriend!!

Biotch.

LMAO! That word is so much funnier than bitch. I had a customer on the phone a couple weeks ago that got so pissed at me, he called me a biotch right before he slammed the phone down. The last thing he heard was me laughing like a hyena. I couldn't even get mad. It was just too amusing.

52418105.jpg

nurse chrissi said:
I am attempting to piece together the speech :)

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. March 15, 2005, 1:40 AM ET

U2, Pretenders Lead Rock Hall's 2005 Class
Billboard

In a memorable, self-effacing induction speech, Bruce Springsteen referenced the count-off at the beginning of U2's recent single "Vertigo": "Uno, dos, tres, quatorze; that translates as 1,2,3,14. That is the correct math for a rock'n'roll band."

Springsteen, who was inducted to the Rock Hall by Bono in 1999, recalled seeing an early U2 gig in London with the Who's Pete Townshend and marveling at "the young Bono, single-handedly pioneering the Irish mullet. U2 hungered for it all and built a sound, and they wrote the songs that demanded it."

U2 frontman Bono waxed poetic about seminal moments in the band's past, from a 1976 practice session in drummer Larry Mullen Jr.'s kitchen, to a 1982 show in New Haven, Conn., when guitarist the Edge tried to break his nose, to a 1987 incident in the South, when the group had received death threats for advocating that Rev. Martin Luther King's birthday should be honored with a national holiday.

"This is a bit of an Irish wedding," Bono said. "Beautiful girls in beautiful frocks, fights in the bathroom, lawyers with bloody noses." The group closed the evening with a set that found Bono waltzing into the audience and spraying champagne during "Until the End of the World," easing into the high notes of "Pride" and then tacking on a line from Springsteen's "The Promised Land."

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" epitomized the U2's enduring restless spirit, highlighted by Springsteen and Bono trading verses as the band simmered behind them. A blistering run through "Vertigo" capped the performance, which came two weeks before U2 kicks off its Vertigo world tour in San Diego.

Hee! I remember that story about them fighting in Connecticut!

That is a great story!

trish0860 said:

LMAO! That word is so much funnier than bitch. I had a customer on the phone a couple weeks ago that got so pissed at me, he called me a biotch right before he slammed the phone down. The last thing he heard was me laughing like a hyena. I couldn't even get mad. It was just too amusing.

:lmao: It's an amusing word, isn't it?

I love that picture,Adam,Edge and Bono looking at the camera arms around each other.Larry , looking at something totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom