Roger and Pete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roger_2.bmp

I found this, what a hottie!
roger_and_keith.bmp

Keith and Roger!
pete_and_kieth.bmp

Keith and Pete!
teh_who.bmp

All!
Did I post these already on here? I know I posted them somewhere.... Sorry if I did!

najeena said:
Yes, the seventies were a fine time to be a teenager. The Who was my very first concert, Roger my first rock star crush. When he ran out on stage I screamed my little head off. All I remember him saying wa 'Hello, See-a-ul!' (cockney accent), but he sang for all he was worth. He'd twirl the microphone like a lasso, (heaven help anyone who got in the way), the catch it at just the right moment, never missing a beat. He spit water at the front row, which I thought was wonderful. Remembering the lightshow (this was new high-tech laser light.. wow!!) that went on while the beginning of 'Won't Get Fooled Again' played still can bring goosebumps. Pete windmilled, Moon got crazy on his drums, and Entwistle stood still, earning his nickname, 'the Ox'- but Roger was the one my eyes stayed on. Oh, they were glory days to be sure.

If you'd like to see more of him in his prime, rent 'Tommy', the movie. It's a kick, even now. And Rog never looked better.

:sexywink:

Rock on,najeena!! You were so lucky to see The original Who! :up:

Yeah, tell it ,najeena!!! :wink:

BTW, I saw Roger 's show "Extreme History" last night and it was great!!! He's so cute,he's got such a great personality!:cute: He was cracking me up! I love his speaking voice,too. It still has those rich reasonant tones that his singing voice has always had as well. He's a classic...:cool: :up:

Well, early one morning in '76 or so my Dad was working at a emergency room in Seattle when who should come in but Led Zeppelin with their manager, who's name is Peter Grant, if memory serves. Anyway, Peter had hurt his hand in some kind of altercation, and it needed to be taken care of. My Dad recognized them, and while he was fixing the injured hand happened to let it drop that one of his daughters (not me, my big sister) had been to their concert that very night. A few days later, we recieved a letter on stolen Doctor's Hospital stationary. It said;

'Dear Dr. Weispfenning,
Many thanks for your efforts last night, they were much appreciated. Tell your daughters to rock on!'

It was signed by Robert Plant and John Bonham. In the ensuing years it came to my keeping, but was lost. Alcohol had made it impossible for me to keep track of my life, and many things that were precious to me were lost forever. A sad story, but a true one.

najeena said:
Well, early one morning in '76 or so my Dad was working at a emergency room in Seattle when who should come in but Led Zeppelin with their manager, who's name is Peter Grant, if memory serves. Anyway, Peter had hurt his hand in some kind of altercation, and it needed to be taken care of. My Dad recognized them, and while he was fixing the injured hand happened to let it drop that one of his daughters (not me, my big sister) had been to their concert that very night. A few days later, we recieved a letter on stolen Doctor's Hospital stationary. It said;

'Dear Dr. Weispfenning,
Many thanks for your efforts last night, they were much appreciated. Tell your daughters to rock on!'

It was signed by Robert Plant and John Bonham. In the ensuing years it came to my keeping, but was lost. Alcohol had made it impossible for me to keep track of my life, and many things that were precious to me were lost forever. A sad story, but a true one.

Wow...sorry you misplaced it...but that was nice of them to send a thank you note!:)

Yes, it was a real surprise when we recieved it. We were ecstatic, Led Zeppelin told us to rock on! On a cautionary note, beware of addictive substances and watch yourself for signs of addictive behavior... please. I don't want anyone else to lose their precious things.

najeena said:
Yes, it was a real surprise when we recieved it. We were ecstatic, Led Zeppelin told us to rock on! On a cautionary note, beware of addictive substances and watch yourself for signs of addictive behavior... please. I don't want anyone else to lose their precious things.

I hear you...that's good advice.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom