Relatives drive me bonkers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I went to a family reunion today, and I'm having a pretty decent time until one of my aunts comes up to me, hugs me, asks me how things are going since I've moved to a new town, and then asks, "So, have you found a boyfriend yet?" :( OK, that wouldn't be so bad, except one of my aunts or uncles ALWAYS asks that whenever there's a family get-together. I know they mean well, but what am I supposed to say? "No, I'm still a pathetic loser who can't find a man?" And the thing is I'm normally pretty content with my life as it is, until something like this happens. :banghead: Oh, well, I guess it could be worse. My mom and dad are pretty cool about my still being single and don't constantly question me about my love life.

I just had a crazy thought. Maybe next time there's a family reunion I'll pay some guy to pose as my new boyfriend - as long as he gets a mohawk haircut and a nose earring. Then I can watch everyone's reaction. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, John and I have been engaged for over a year now, and one of my aunts keeps bugging me about our wedding date. We won't be gettin' married for a long time, since we are currently living in separate states and don't have a lot of money...I don't even know if we will be able to have an actual wedding (if we do, it will have to be really small). My cousins that are married all had big, nice weddings and are having big, nice houses built...I feel kind of like a loser. :(

You shouldn't feel like a loser, Bonochick! People put way too much emphasis on having a big, fancy wedding anyway. I've never understood why that mattered. I mean, shouldn't it be the quality of the relationship that's important? I'm sure you and John will have a lovely wedding when you do get married, even if it is very small.:heart: :heart: :heart:

I think after my mom basically told my relatives, "April's really private and asks you not to approach her about her private life," things simmered down a bit. (Yeesh, I sound like :larry: )

The last straw came when my aunt called me up to say, "I hear someone's been talking to a guy!" after I gave some random guy my number a few years ago. :rolleyes: Things steadily got worse when I finally got a long-term boyfriend. I began getting crystal and stuff like that for my b-days and Christmas (geez, start planning the wedding without me, why don'tcha?!). So, after he and I broke up no one in my family has really asked me anything again.

:scream:

:|

Amazingly enough, I've managed to get away with not being asked that question :D Pretty fortunate since I dont have a boyfriend at the mo!

Back
Top Bottom