Red Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl_75

War Child
I just finished watching my Red Rocks video that I received in the mail today. I have not seen the full concert footage in years. OMG, did I laugh. U2 was having such a fun time being on stage. Bono kept saying "Thank you and good night!" over and over. Besides the Gloria video gaining my interest in U2, it was this concert that made me become a devoted U2 fan at young age (How could you not after seeing Bono in those tight Black Levi's?).

Anyway, if anyone has pictures of this concert, please post.

smile.gif

Just wait until tommorrow when Icelady comes back on, I'm sure she has some! Rare pics from old videos is her specialty, she's the Queen of the U2 Treasure Chest!

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Just wait until tommorrow when Icelady comes back on, I'm sure she has some! Rare pics from old videos is her specialty, she's the Queen of the U2 Treasure Chest!

That is right, she is the Queen of the U2 Treasure Chest. I have got to have some photos from that concert. There is a scene where Bono is dancing with a female fan (go figure) and they are doing the lamest dance. They were doing something like a country dance. It was too funny. The fashion, the dancing...It was so 1983! It was great.

I know the image you are talking about and I have it somewhere just have to find it.

But here is what I found. And for everyone who is asking, no none of the video caps are mine - god I don't have time for that I'm a mother of 2 for heaven sake. But I just have a knack for knowing where to look and find things. Some I have had for quite a long time and others not so long. Here you have it.

Anyhow here we go, this will be long,
bono5.jpg

bono2.jpg

bonoedgeadam.jpg

bonoadam2.jpg

bonoadam3.jpg

bono3.jpg

adam3.jpg

[This message has been edited by icelady (edited 11-16-2001).]

larry1.jpg

*drooooooooooooool* Larry looks so hot in this pic *dies*

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out with monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do with that.

D&C: That's a funny story. How come you've managed to slow down the aging process?

LM: That's a good question. I think it's the healthy living. I do all the right things. It's all the creams. I don't know maybe it's in my Levi's.

Question: so how come I dig out my treasures but noone shares theirs with me? Sorry don't mean to generalize but I want pics too!

There are alot of needy people around this forum
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm glad to share whatever I have but only wish everyone would do the same for me
frown.gif

I feel a Hallmark moment coming
smile.gif

Originally posted by icelady:
bono1.jpg

*Drooooooool* Hoo Boy! I miss the tight Levis ... though leather is an aceptable substitute.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Question: so how come I dig out my treasures but noone shares theirs with me? Sorry don't mean to generalize but I want pics too!

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm glad to share whatever I have but only wish everyone would do the same for me
frown.gif

smile.gif

I wish I had some but I don't know where to find them, I only know a few sources and some of them have shut down. Thanks for finding these, you can be the magic surprise lady for us!

Icelady how do you do it? You have come through again! They are all so gorgeous of all the guys! Red Rocks made me fall in love with U2, they were so good looking and talented and full of life!

I want to add to this thread but all I have is 2 Red Rocks pics, I'm not worthy!!

uT10829.jpg

p144847.jpg

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

frown.gif

smile.gif

Thank you, Thank you, Thank You! I wish I had a collection of U2 photos that I could contribute. All of the photos I have are those from other fans that have posted them. I would love to have such a great collection to contribute. Again, Thank you for coming through with my request. I love the pictures!
smile.gif

I don't know what to say. I just bow to the queen of amazing rare pictures.

If I had a treasure of pics like you I would share them but all I have, I already have shown here and they are all from shows on this tour and not as amazing as yours!

Thanks again Icy!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
I just finished watching my Red Rocks video that I received in the mail today. I have not seen the full concert footage in years. OMG, did I laugh. U2 was having such a fun time being on stage. Bono kept saying "Thank you and good night!" over and over. Besides the Gloria video gaining my interest in U2, it was this concert that made me become a devoted U2 fan at young age (How could you not after seeing Bono in those tight Black Levi's?).

Anyway, if anyone has pictures of this concert, please post.

smile.gif

LOL ....those tight Levis just might have ushered in puberty to me....
wink.gif

Gotta love Red Rocks !!!!

Well, I scanned this one in myself from Us Weekly but you have probably seen it...

bonosheepie.jpg

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

frown.gif

smile.gif

Hello everyone.

Just want to say thanks for reading and enjoying the pics and for those who have sahred, you know it doesn't have to be special or rare to share - any kind of pic is awesome to see. It especially gives me at least a sense of what you guys cherish and like and that's good enough for me.

Hugz

I've been inspired by this thread. I think I will be watching the Red Rocks video tonight.

Long Live the Mullett!

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Red Rocks rules I love looking at all these pics! It makes me want to go watch it too! I liked the sheep pic too, his face is so cute there but I hate those dorky looking glasses.

------------------
~~~Who's to know where the wind will take you~~~

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I've been inspired by this thread. I think I will be watching the Red Rocks video tonight.

Long Live the Mullett!

Just thought the same. My problem is that I have to be back at work in eight hours and I really need those few hours of sleep. But Red rock is calling and if I know myself well enough I will end up infront of that TV anyway when I get home.

By the way, I'm uploading my shirtless pics of Bono and Adam from the Copenhagenshow again. They disappeard on my other site so feel free to visit my new webshotpage http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa

I will upload more photos tomorrow.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

LOL I LOVE the sheepie pics! Glad you liked it.

Originally posted by Veranda:
Red Rocks rules I love looking at all these pics! It makes me want to go watch it too! I liked the sheep pic too, his face is so cute there but I hate those dorky looking glasses.

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

frown.gif

smile.gif
Ih59435.jpg

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 11-18-2001).]

HOO-AH!!!!!! BonoMan, them PANTS, man!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

"If we've got rockets, we tie our prayers to them and send them off."~Bono~

Magic Magic Magic Joe Houdini

Thank you Icelady for giving us more treasures! I treasure the memories of Red Rocks, I loved them so much! Back in those days it used to get played so much on TV, do you remember that? Oh, MTV used to be real music at one time girls! U2 was always big there and I got to see so much of them! Seems like Red Rocks came on some other cable channel too. I love all those pictures, all of the guys look *SO* good!
Those were the days!
smile.gif

Missvelvetdress your Pop pic sure was a thread spoiler! I hate Pop pics and I thought at least a Red Rocks thread would be safe LOL! Good thing our boys have 'grown' again and are looking hot (and normal!) on the Elevation tour! I would post a pic but my crap computer won't work long enough!

Also want to say real fast that I like the Sheep pic too, it's the best Freedom of the City pic I have seen I never liked the rest.

Got to run before I freeze up again thanks for the Red Rocks thread!

Back
Top Bottom