Prayers needed... For BonosBaby12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dismantled said:

NO, no that's not selfish...you need to feel these feelings and work through them..but don't deny them or think they are wrong. I'm dealing with stuff and sometimes I feel very angry..you just have to allow yourself to feel this way...another good way is a release. Smiling and laughing helps, so do pets (sometime:lol) I also find gettting out in the sun and going for a walk helps me a ton..and talking, talking and more talking. You sound like you are dealing with this in a healthy way, I'm glad you can smile and laugh:hug: hang in there:hug:

Thank you Dis I like to believe that Im going about this the right way :hug: My friend's help to keep me grounded and keep everything in perspective. Hope everything turns out for the best for you :hug: Have been following along with your thread in ZC. Keep hanging in there too! :hug: :hug: :hug:

As for talking it truly does help quite a bit! Was able to admit to my mom yesterday that sometimes I feel really angry. Told her that I think the main reason is that it's the unfairness of it all. Had really began building something with my dad then it was cut short. Still thankful that we reached that point but having to end it was a bitch. Think another of my problems is that I have a tendency to want to rush the grieving process. In my mind if I can get past one stage fast than maybe it won't hurt so bad.

Peanut was one of the best gifts I could ever receive. Honestly believe that he was brought into my life when I really needed him. Had him for only a few short weeks before my dad took a turn for the worse. Felt so good to come to Peanut after stressful hospital visits and find comfort from him. Makes for a great cuddler too when sometimes I just need something to hold onto.

This weekend I will be hanging out with friends for the first time since my dad's passing. Looking forward to having quality time with them and it being under MUCH better circumstances. Need to keep smiling and laughing. It really is some of the best therapy that one can get :)

BonosBaby12 said:

Thank you Dis I like to believe that Im going about this the right way :hug: My friend's help to keep me grounded and keep everything in perspective. Hope everything turns out for the best for you :hug: Have been following along with your thread in ZC. Keep hanging in there too! :hug: :hug: :hug:

As for talking it truly does help quite a bit! Was able to admit to my mom yesterday that sometimes I feel really angry. Told her that I think the main reason is that it's the unfairness of it all. Had really began building something with my dad then it was cut short. Still thankful that we reached that point but having to end it was a bitch. Think another of my problems is that I have a tendency to want to rush the grieving process. In my mind if I can get past one stage fast than maybe it won't hurt so bad.

Peanut was one of the best gifts I could ever receive. Honestly believe that he was brought into my life when I really needed him. Had him for only a few short weeks before my dad took a turn for the worse. Felt so good to come to Peanut after stressful hospital visits and find comfort from him. Makes for a great cuddler too when sometimes I just need something to hold onto.

This weekend I will be hanging out with friends for the first time since my dad's passing. Looking forward to having quality time with them and it being under MUCH better circumstances. Need to keep smiling and laughing. It really is some of the best therapy that one can get :)

you are going about it the right way:hug: Hanging out with good friends can do you a world of good too..good for you, the worst thing I think is to sit and dwell on it.

I know if I sit and think about it hard I can get myself pretty worked up and depressed..I cannot allow that to happen for me or my son.

Your attitude and approach has been inspiring:hug: I just wanted to let you know.

I have a VERY strained relationship with my father..to the point where I think "what's the use" and just want to end it forever with him. But i cannot:sigh: I'm not that type of person. After reading about what you been through it makes me think you only get one dad and good or bad you should make the most out of it. I'm going to try to work on our relationship. thank you for that:hug:

Dismantled said:

you are going about it the right way:hug: Hanging out with good friends can do you a world of good too..good for you, the worst thing I think is to sit and dwell on it.

I know if I sit and think about it hard I can get myself pretty worked up and depressed..I cannot allow that to happen for me or my son.

Your attitude and approach has been inspiring:hug: I just wanted to let you know.

I have a VERY strained relationship with my father..to the point where I think "what's the use" and just want to end it forever with him. But i cannot:sigh: I'm not that type of person. After reading about what you been through it makes me think you only get one dad and good or bad you should make the most out of it. I'm going to try to work on our relationship. thank you for that:hug:

Dis you brought me to tears with this post. Feel like such an ordionary person than I read such incredible touching words! Feel as though I have matured so much over these last months. Wisdom has gotten a hold of me. Thank you for making me smile :).

I hope that you are able to overcome what you are going through with your dad. Am very touched that I have have helped to change your outlook with it all. It's definitely a long road but in the end it was a very rewarding one for me. Wish you the same outcome :hug: When you feel like giving up don't!

As for this weekend Im feeling like a child on Christmas Eve right now! :giggle: Really do need to get out and like you said sitting around and dwelling on things does make the problem worse. Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day weather wise and Im going to enjoy it! I have some really wonderful friends,thank you everyone :hug:

YDW thank you :hug: :)

Last edited:
youvedonewhat said:
:wave: How you doing, Shannon? :hug:

Awwwwwwww Im doing much better thank you :hug: :). Really appreciate you checking in to see how Im doing. It means so much to me :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had a great weekend away with friends which really helped quite a bit. Felt more like my old self and found that I wasn't dwelling on another week having passed by. That is one of my main problems. Sometimes I have too much time on my hands which allows my mind to wander along. I do find that sometimes the days are easier to get through. It's the upcoming holidays in the coming months that I believe will set me back some :sigh:

:hug: The first year is the worst without a doubt. Go with it, the rollercoaster has a little way to go yet before it finishes, if it ever really does....I think the ups and downs just start to balance out after a while. Don't be afraid to say if you're having a bad day, one of us will always be here to get you through it. I'm so pleased to hear that you're spending time with friends etc and laughing again. Your Dad would want you to do that.

:hug: it was great to see you this weekend Shannon, it definitely cheered me up as well. Hang in there, hard times are ahead, but you won't be going through them alone, that is for sure. You have a loving family, an adorable little pup, a really sexy bf :drool: , and some very very awesome friends.

gluey said:
:hug: The first year is the worst without a doubt. Go with it, the rollercoaster has a little way to go yet before it finishes, if it ever really does....I think the ups and downs just start to balance out after a while. Don't be afraid to say if you're having a bad day, one of us will always be here to get you through it. I'm so pleased to hear that you're spending time with friends etc and laughing again. Your Dad would want you to do that.

Must agree with JC you are quite wise :hug: Feels nice to be able to come here and just let it all out.

The other day I heard the fire alarm sound. It was just one long whistle as it was the call for an ambulance. Handled it ok but I believe if it had been the full call than it would have been too much. All I can associate a firehouse or the alarm with is the funeral service. There are times when I close my eyes that I can still vision seeing my father laid out or the firetruck carrying him away. Feel that stab of pain come back but taking a few deep breaths helps. Just like when I hear others speaking about their dad's still being around.

Awwwwwww thank you Mia :hug: Still laughing hard when I think back on our time together,lol. We both needed this and Im happy that I could help to make you feel better also :hug: :). Speaking of which when you made the list of what I have it made me realize just how lucky I am. Know it's going to be an honor introducing to you everyone when the time comes :).

Was the best decision ever spending time with friends. Have some of the most amazing one anyone could ever have! Getting teary eyed just thinking about how wonderful all of you are :sad: Thank you :hug: :hug:

:hug: You're doing well, Shannon. I totally agree w/Gluey. It takes a good year to get to accept things. I think it's got something to do w/celebrations, get togethers etc. Each special occasion that passes over the course of a year is like another step forward (if this makes any sense).

I'm sure that it'll ease some days and come crashing back on others. You just let it out, girl. :hug:

unico said:
:hug: it was great to see you this weekend Shannon, it definitely cheered me up as well. Hang in there, hard times are ahead, but you won't be going through them alone, that is for sure. You have a loving family, an adorable little pup, a really sexy bf :drool: , and some very very awesome friends.

You got to hang out with Shannon.:grumpy:

I bet you think you are hot stuff now?:eyebrow:

I wish I could hang out with Shannon:sad:

youvedonewhat said:
:hug: You're doing well, Shannon. I totally agree w/Gluey. It takes a good year to get to accept things. I think it's got something to do w/celebrations, get togethers etc. Each special occasion that passes over the course of a year is like another step forward (if this makes any sense).

I'm sure that it'll ease some days and come crashing back on others. You just let it out, girl. :hug:

What you said did make sense thank you :hug: :). Just doesn't feel right celebrating without him. You can't ignore the empty chair at the table or one less present that you purchase.

Haven't decided on it just yet but I may take advantage of grief counseling. The thought has been entering my mind lately that it might not be a bad idea to look into it. There are days where I really struggle with having watched my dad's passing. Even though it was peaceful it's still the fact that I witnessed a death. Give it a little bit more time and if it becomes unbearable than I will enter counseling. Actually might be a good idea too with everything coming up soon.

Sorry my mind is going about with wandering again! You guys are the best for just letting me come in here and run free with my thoughts :hug: :hug: :hug:

Last edited:
Carmelu2fan said:

You got to hang out with Shannon.:grumpy:

I bet you think you are hot stuff now?:eyebrow:

I wish I could hang out with Shannon:sad:

We are going to hang out again Labor Day weekend too :reject:. Mike is flying in so Mia will get the chance to meet him. Im seeing Diana this coming Sunday night too since I will be in Chicago.

Really do need to work on plans with meeting up together soon! Want to hang out with you so much :sad:

Btw Diana and Kaf there is plenty of me to go around :sexywink:

Keep saying it but all of you girls are so sweet! :hug: :hug: :

Last edited:
:madspit: I hate living so far away from you girls!!!

:hug: Glad to see you're being open about how you're feeling Shannon. Getting it out in the open is one of the healthiest things you can do. :hug:

gluey said:
:madspit: I hate living so far away from you girls!!!

:hug: Glad to see you're being open about how you're feeling Shannon. Getting it out in the open is one of the healthiest things you can do. :hug:

Awwwww it would be so great to have you living close by :hug:

Thank you I really have come a long way with expressing myself this way. Used to be so private with my personal feelings. Helps a lot when you have such great listeners! :)

BonosBaby12 said:

Awwwww it would be so great to have you living close by :hug:

Thank you I really have come a long way with expressing myself this way. Used to be so private with my personal feelings. Helps a lot when you have such great listeners! :)

I find it really helps to write things down when I'm feeling blue. It's kind of like talking to someone. It's good. It gets it out. I also think I tend to write down more then I'd actually get round to saying if someone were there.

Again, not sure if this makes any sense. I have a large pad of paper I keep hidden from the world and if something happens, say hubby and I argue then off I go and write down all the things I'd like to have said but didn't. (including some names that I really can't write here..:lol: ). I find writing is a great healer.

:hug:

youvedonewhat said:

I find it really helps to write things down when I'm feeling blue.

:yes:

I "journal" all the time, especially since my father died at Christmas. It's hard to go through the day and not feel sad or miss somebody I was so clode to, so I pour it out into my journal to keep myself sane! It helps.

:hug: BB12

In a matter of hours it will officially mark the one month mark of my dad's passing. So far Im doing ok with it. Expecting some rough patches along the way. However I am with Mike so I won't have to endure those moments alone. Also I had a great night out with Diana last night which helped so much! Never will I will be able to thank so many wonderful people for their support :hug:

I used to keep a journal when I was younger. However it never crossed my mind that I should keep one now. It's honestly a great idea and something I believe would help a lot. There are some things that I just can't bring myself to voice out loud. Need to come out and I know I could get it out by writing it.

You are very right YDW writing is a great healer :hug:

Keep hanging in there Bono Mot :hug: Im always here if you ever need anyone to talk to :hug:

Bono Mot said:

:yes:

I "journal" all the time, especially since my father died at Christmas. It's hard to go through the day and not feel sad or miss somebody I was so clode to, so I pour it out into my journal to keep myself sane! It helps.

:hug: BB12

:hug: I wish I could hug you girls in person. :sad:

I'm one of the lucky ones. I've still got both my parents but it scares the hell out of me when I think that sooner or later I'm going to loose them. They keep on making references as to what's to be done when one or both of them go and me and my sister hate it. We know that they're trying to make things easier for us but we simply don't want to go there. I guess we're a couple of ostriches...stick our heads in the sand and hope that it'll go away.

Anyway, you're being very strong, bless both of you. :hug:

youvedonewhat said:

:hug: I wish I could hug you girls in person. :sad: Anyway, you're being very strong, bless both of you. :hug:

You're so sweet YDW! And I just noticed my glaring typo! :reject: *close* is what I meant to say! Anyway, in my case, I have to be strong, though I'm not sure why, out of eleven kids I, being the youngest (and not so very young at that!) had to step up to the plate and take care of my mom. We get along like cats and dogs in a NOT good way! :wink:

But BB12, I do think writing things down does help. Plus it gives you something to look back on later, good or bad!

And YDW...it'll all be fine! My dad didn't want a funeral, he said "If nobody can appreciate me when I'm alive, I don't want them pretending they appreciate me when I'm dead." Good advice, that! Appreciate the good things and good people in your life. It's too short! *end of sermon!* :wink:

:hug:

Awwwwwww YDW! :hug: :hug: :hug: Thank you :)

Cherish each day with your parent's more than you did the day before! Sounds like you come from a loving and caring family :). Death is never an easy topic to discuss especially when it hits so close to home. You and your sister are not wrong for reacting the way you do whenever you hear about your parent's final wishes.

Thank you Bono Mot :hug: You reminded me of what I wanted to do when you mentioned the good with the journal. There are so many memories that I want write down and someday share with my children whenever I have them. Writing it down is a great way to keep memories alive :)

Back
Top Bottom