Prayers needed... For BonosBaby12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Shannon, just caught up on the drama's you've been having with your Dad. My heart goes out to you as I can relate to what you've been going through. I hope that things keep improving, he's lucky to have a wonderful family around him. :hug:

Thank you Gluey know you have had quite the rough time of it yourself lately :hug: Hopefully April treats both of our father's well :). From what I have read your dad is surrounded by a really great family too :)

My father's appointment well this morning his doctor said he's doing good! :happy: This is the first time since January that my father hasn't had to go back into the hospital. Needless to say he's elated about that one. Became really upset the other day when he thought that he might have to go back in. But the doctor wrote out a new prescription for fluid pills. Said to take them 2-3 times a day as needed. So far this method has been working to keep the fluid from buidling up.

Everything really is looking up for the better :). Can't change the final outcome but hopefully the time given can be beaten!

Hi everyone :wave:

Realized I have slacked off a bit with keeping everyone up to date. My father's streak of not going into the hospital has been cotinuing right along :D There were a couple of times though where we had a slight scare. For some reason his oxygen level would drop but my mom was able to get him back on track again. Some days he feels great while other days he just wishes to lay around. Will happily take this over what it could be!

Hi everyone

Last night we had to call for an ambulance to come and get my father. He was having a lot of difficulty breathing and was pretty lethargic. On top of that he was hardly eating anything at all.

I wish I could say that I have good news to bring to you right now. Unfortunately it's not good at all :(. The tests that they performed last night have all come back bad. The doctor doesn't believe that my father will make it this time around. What started off as the beginning stages of kidney failure has tripled. He has also developed a problem with his liver. There is a chance that he has an infection but they are not too sure. As for his heart there is only 10% usage which is basically nothing at all. It has enlarged too which causes more problems for his lungs.

I should have updates to provide later on today. My mom is heading over this morning than I will be going later myself.

Shannon :hug: I wish there was something I could do for you. My heart goes out to you and your family at this time. Remember that no matter what the time, day or night, there will ALWAYS be someone here for you to talk to.

Shannon, so sorry to hear that your father's condition has gotten so bad... :( I'm thinking of you fondly in these rough times :hug: :hug:

:heart:

gluey said:
Shannon :hug: I wish there was something I could do for you. My heart goes out to you and your family at this time. Remember that no matter what the time, day or night, there will ALWAYS be someone here for you to talk to.

Thank you Gluey :hug: You and everyone else are doing so much just by being here for me. Means a lot that I can come here to vent and have so many willing ears to listen. All of you really are so incredibly sweet and mean so much to me. Thank you for being such great sources of strength through it all. On behalf of my family we thank you for your never ending thoughts of kindness :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have to be honest just within the last few weeks we have seen quite a decline in my father's health :(. We naively believed that the worst wouldn't occur till about the end of the summer.

As for the update I wish I had good news to report. However there really isn't much improvement with my father's condition. With his past hospital stays you could see a difference by now. This time around though he continues to remain the same. Just doesn't seem to really be responding to anything :(. They have an oxygen mask on that helps to force more air into his lungs. Even with that on though my father continues to breathe pretty hard. They are talking about making attempts to remove it tomorrow to see how he does without it on. Also at one point he asked my youngest sister why his mom was in the bean field. Right after that he started crying and said that he misses her. When I went to visit and we got ready to leave he started crying once again. First time I have ever seen him react this way to our leaving. Can only begin to imagine just how scared he is :(.

Noone has spoken to any of the doctor's since last night. The heart doctor made a brief apperance today but didn't have much to say. My faith in him along with the primary doctor are pretty low. The only one who has really bothered to tell us what is going on was the doctor on call last night. That was the first time someone has taken the time to go over the test results with my mom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom