Portland pics from the ellipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
After arriving back home in San Francisco and sleeping for 12 hours, I finally got around to uploading some of the shots I took from Edge's side of the ellipse, 2nd row:

http://community.webshots.com/user/deserttrails

It was really difficult to get clear shots from where we were because everyone around us was enthusiastically holding up all of their various signs throughout the entire show, but some shots are all right.

Click on the photo, then click "View Full Size" to see the photos in their entirety... I used the "fine" quality setting on my camera for bigger photos.

Thanks to everyone who made the sign action happen, what a great moment that was!

See you in Honolulu

Cool photos :up:

I see some thank you signs :hyper:
95da6922.jpg

Well, I saw one person whom I don't particularly like and was like :mad: so then I thought, Miroslava better be in the front somewheres or that just takes the cake, and then there you were. :D

Wait a sec - I asked Romi if that was Miroslava and he said 'no' - I was a couple people back of you guys...

then again he couldnt hear me too well...

but then I saw you on the outside rail Edge's side, Miroslava at the end....what gives? where were you anyways? lol

PS no prob about Kells - I ended up going out for breakfast with "The Larry Mullen Band" and then headed straight for the airport ;)

gabrielvox said:
Wait a sec - I asked Romi if that was Miroslava and he said 'no' - I was a couple people back of you guys...

then again he couldnt hear me too well...

but then I saw you on the outside rail Edge's side, Miroslava at the end....what gives? where were you anyways? lol

I was inside as depicted by that picture. I was initially in the back of the ellipse but I was informed by hef4u2 that there was no one standing behind them and they were right in front of Adam. I went back there and him and his friend J. actually had enough room on the rail and squeezed me in :hug:

After the show, I jumped the barrier to go meet up with my friends Tim and Casey and that is when you caught me in the middle of my break down :reject:

Kells was great... I think that's the most we've ever hung out! :lol:

Awesome photos! I was there, you can see me in the picture of the crowd. Small, stunned look on my face. I'll circle me.

Me.jpg

I was told that there no cameras allowed (even ones without the telephoto lenses), so I didn't want to risk it. I'd be happy if anyone has any more pictures at all. Bono held my hand for about 3 seconds for IWF, I'd be thrilled to bits if anyone had any pictures of that. Amazing show.

kellyahern said:
Bono belt :drool: (for Souly :) )
bf2e0b6d.jpg

photos by Catzy

e6c0090e.jpg

Dallas got to be the "G" :cute:
awww, that's Flo, dallas, and Jake--all nice people! Jake is the production manager.

kellyahern said:
e6c0090e.jpg

Dallas got to be the "G" :cute:

Dallas got to be the G because my last name starts with G :wink:

(my Dallas crush started far too late in the tour :sigh: )

edit: doesn't the blonde woman between Dallas and the guy to his right completely seem to be checking out his ass? :giggle:

Last edited:
So of course I was a mess when the crew came out with their tees. Just a mess. I was even happy to see Allison and showed her the "Thank You" sign. I made sure to raise it up while they weer all up there. After I turn around to face the stage cause the guys were coming out, I see Paul McGuiness standing right in front of me in profile. I tap him on the shoulder, he looks at me. Of course I look like this :sad: I extend my hand, he grabs it. I put my other hand on top of his and he leans in. I just told him "thank you so much. it has been an amazing year" He looked very stunned and very happy. He just very kindly said "you're welcome" by then other people noticed he was there, but I was just glad to get that in.

Then after the show, I am still a mess (cause of course I cried all throughout Yahweh and most of 40). I see Dallas come out to the stage and he just throws a bunch of picks into the audience by Edge's side. I start to look down on the ground trying to collect my stuff and well, trying to fix my face. Next thing I know, I feel someone to my left tapping me on the shoulder. It was hef4u2, I look at him and he points to the stage. I look up and I see Dallas looking intently at me. I look like this :ohmy: He has his arm extended. It takes me a second and I realized he was waiting to give me a pick. Not sure if he saw me crying earlier, then or what but it was just an incredibly sweet thing to do. I shook his hand and thanked him for everything.

Shouted a thank you at Stu and Phil as they were leaving the stage too. They both heard it and turned around and waved back with big smiles on their face.

What a great bunch of guys :heart:

Last edited:
I love the crew :heart: awesome that you got those moments with Paul, Phil, and Dallas.

They truly are amazing. :love:

The Dallas moment was particularly amazing in its unexpected nature. After that, I just had to book it out of the arena. Couldn't handle the stage being taken off so damn quickly... Wah :sad:

I didnt realize what kind of pick it was until later that evening while reminiscing about the show with my friends. I took out the pick and realized it was an Adam Atomic Bomb pick... It was just a very fitting end to an amazing year...

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
After arriving back home in San Francisco and sleeping for 12 hours, I finally got around to uploading some of the shots I took from Edge's side of the ellipse, 2nd row:

http://community.webshots.com/user/deserttrails

It was really difficult to get clear shots from where we were because everyone around us was enthusiastically holding up all of their various signs throughout the entire show, but some shots are all right.

Click on the photo, then click "View Full Size" to see the photos in their entirety... I used the "fine" quality setting on my camera for bigger photos.

Thanks to everyone who made the sign action happen, what a great moment that was!

See you in Honolulu

Great pics! Okay, I saw myself in one of your 11/4 Vegas pics. I won't point myself out cuz I was on my cell phone. I HATE those people, and in that pic I AM one. Well, it was pre-concert. I would never get on the cell during the actual event. :p

Why are they (the cool crew) spelling out E*D*G*E? And Dallas should have worn the D!!

p.s: can we see a pic of the Adam atomic bomb pick? Does it have his face on it?:drool:

Last edited:
i_love_adam said:
Why are they (the cool crew) SPEELING OUR E*D*G*E? And Dallas should have worn the D!!

p.s: can we see a pic of the Adam atomic bomb pick? Does it have his face on it?:drool:

No, it is the black kind. Red target with U2 in the middle on one side, and Adam's "signature" (just Adam really) on the other side... I will scan it in tonight. :D

Diamond was Santa! That's classic! I'd heard he was there, I think someone saw him at the airport and at Kell's. Sorry my sister and I didn't make it downtown Sun for the pre show festivities, weather had its restraints on us.

Nonetheless the show was AWESOME! Thanks for the pics, deserttrail...especially the pic of Pete Sutton from Perth WA! I'd met him Sat night downtown after emailing for over a month and he's a really great bloke, as well as his mate.....was so glad to hear he got scanned in!

Miroslava, it was so fun to fiinally meet you...thanks for the picture and most of all for the sign idea, HUGE hit! (here we are when I found you in the GA Line up)

IMG_1160_2.jpg

I know exactly what you mean about the mess and tears....I started when I heard the "goodbye goodbye" and the tears continued throughout the show at various points. I cannot wait to get a dvd of the show, already enjoying the audio and have seen some video clips. AWESOME show, and I was in the stands, not on the floor this time. I'll share my pics from the 200's...the light show of the stage was incredible, we really enjoyed it.

Take care everyone and yes, Honolulu here we come!

...and we all Shine On........like the moon and the stars and the sun! :wink:

:lol:

Damn that GA line gear! Damn it! Didn't your sister take two pictures? Damn my beanie, goofy face and most importanly, mylar skirt on top of my pants! Don't tell me this is the better one of the two :lol:

It was great to meet you finally :hug:

Miroslava said:
So of course I was a mess when the crew came out with their tees. Just a mess. I was even happy to see Allison and showed her the "Thank You" sign. I made sure to raise it up while they weer all up there. After I turn around to face the stage cause the guys were coming out, I see Paul McGuiness standing right in front of me in profile. I tap him on the shoulder, he looks at me. Of course I look like this :sad: I extend my hand, he grabs it. I put my other hand on top of his and he leans in. I just told him "thank you so much. it has been an amazing year" He looked very stunned and very happy. He just very kindly said "you're welcome" by then other people noticed he was there, but I was just glad to get that in.

Then after the show, I am still a mess (cause of course I cried all throughout Yahweh and most of 40). I see Dallas come out to the stage and he just throws a bunch of picks into the audience by Edge's side. I start to look down on the ground trying to collect my stuff and well, trying to fix my face. Next thing I know, I feel someone to my left tapping me on the shoulder. It was hef4u2, I look at him and he points to the stage. I look up and I see Dallas looking intently at me. I look like this :ohmy: He has his arm extended. It takes me a second and I realized he was waiting to give me a pick. Not sure if he saw me crying earlier, then or what but it was just an incredibly sweet thing to do. I shook his hand and thanked him for everything.

Shouted a thank you at Stu and Phil as they were leaving the stage too. They both heard it and turned around and waved back with big smiles on their face.

ruffian said:

I love the crew awesome that you got those moments with Paul, Phil, and Dallas.

I'm amazed. I guess after so many shows, you get to know the crew well - is this due to pre-show lining up and meet & greets? Or how is that? Just curious. Happy for you all :hug:

I wasn't there at the show, but listened to Chrisedge's stream online, which was quite good. I :love: WOWY, and when I heard it, I just started bawling here, thinking of it being the last show of the 3rd leg this of 2005 and all, and of course Instant Karma :love:

If Hawaii is true, I can't wait to meet you both! :up:

Miroslava said:
So of course I was a mess when the crew came out with their tees. Just a mess. I was even happy to see Allison and showed her the "Thank You" sign. I made sure to raise it up while they weer all up there.

sorry to cut your post but did you mean Allison as in (bono's) Ali? :wink:

If so, were any of the kids there too? (I'm not curious, I just like to know a lot :lol: )

I believe Allison is the one who runs the GA line (well, I guess 'run' is not the proper word from what I've heard)...

Back
Top Bottom