Pleban Girls Party - Sunday night music club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

Don't get me started on him. :mad: :lol:

Who says there are no pictures? :sexywink: :lol:

Okay which thread is it? Cuz maybe I'm a total blind cat, but I can't find it. :lol: I want to read! :hyper:

Odd tidbit that I've been thinking about that has to do with Larry, but didn't know where to post it. You guys might be able to tell me if I'm nuts. :giggle:

I was in church this morning and we have a band that does worship music. There was a nice guy playing drums today, but hell he was so loud that he drowned out alot of the other instruments. And he wasn't even miked. He was just thrashing away ala Bono on the drums. It was distracting in a way. But it got me to thinking that Larry drums hard and well, but he always seems to be in sync with the other guys. Not to loud or over powering. Got me to wondering if he just has a special hand when it comes to drumming? Lots of practice over the years has lead him to be able to blend better? Or just his own personal style? :shrug: Just got me to thinking no matter what I'm impressed even more with his abilities. :heart:

Hi Jules! :wave: :hug:

I saw the picture of you and Hammish earlier today! That is so cool! :hyper: :bow: Was he nice in person?

Russty Cat said:
Odd tidbit that I've been thinking about that has to do with Larry, but didn't know where to post it. You guys might be able to tell me if I'm nuts. :giggle:

I was in church this morning and we have a band that does worship music. There was a nice guy playing drums today, but hell he was so loud that he drowned out alot of the other instruments. And he wasn't even miked. He was just thrashing away ala Bono on the drums. It was distracting in a way. But it got me to thinking that Larry drums hard and well, but he always seems to be in sync with the other guys. Not to loud or over powering. Got me to wondering if he just has a special hand when it comes to drumming? Lots of practice over the years has lead him to be able to blend better? Or just his own personal style? :shrug: Just got me to thinking no matter what I'm impressed even more with his abilities. :heart:

Funny you should mention that - I've always found that I notice U2's drumming moreso than other bands, like maybe it's mixed a bit louder? Or it could be that Larry's rhythms are unique, and thus more noticable? The other band I find this to be true with, and Larry was definitely an influence on the drummer's style, is Blink 182. Travis is a great player. :drool:

U2Girl1978 said:
Hiya Bri! I'm pretty good. I'm up too late. :ohmy: How's it going with you? How's school?

You are up late!
Isn't it past your bedtime? :tongue:

School's going ok, I've had an uncooperative group for a paper, and now I'm editing :crack:

I'll dress up like your bf and go to Haiwii with you :wink:

That poor island isn't going to know what hit them :lol: They should hand out themed, red-black lei's! :happy:

MBS said:

You are up late!
Isn't it past your bedtime? :tongue:

School's going ok, I've had an uncooperative group for a paper, and now I'm editing :crack:

I'll dress up like your bf and go to Haiwii with you :wink:

:lol: :wink:

I guess noone in this thread is going to Hawaii then? I want to meet you all! :scream:

I was thinking of trying for Jazz Fest in NO, but even that's probably out of the question.

Oh well, I was very fortunate that I got to do what I did this tour...seeing them 8 times in 3 different cities, meeting the amazing people I got to meet :love:

And I'll be better situated for travel, next tour. :yes:

the rockin edge said:

do you ever go to bed by your bedtime? :tongue:

I live on blue crack time. :drool:

And have people not heard of commas?

If for example they decide to introduce the child into something from their own culture let's say religion they must relaize however that while the child may be accepting there is always a chance that others may not be quite so accepting of them.
:crack:

At least they remembered the period. :|

Night Jules! Sweet dreams :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom