Pleban Girls party:Saving the Boys from their worst fears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:
I can see how that could be frustrating for both you and your folks, Weldy :yes:

Yea...but he has the notion that we can't do anything heat related....or else the smoke alarm will blare forever! Truthfully the longest we have that smoke alarm on for is an hour at the most so far.

Now my mom has reassured him about calling the fire department's non 911 line whenever we are going to use the oven....but he thinks that my mom is the :crack: :hyper: one and refuses to hear about it! :sigh:

VintagePunk said:
Due to a string of strange and unfortunate events, Sarah and I spilled coffee on it. :sad: :sad:

:yikes: Ooh. yeah, too much caffeine isn't good for a computer :wink:

:reject: sorry :lol:

Damn,that is not cool. what are you going to do about it?

Sad_Girl said:

:yikes: Ooh. yeah, too much caffeine isn't good for a computer :wink:

:reject: sorry :lol:

Damn,that is not cool. what are you going to do about it?

:sad: :sad: It's SO upsetting and frustrating. It's like my entire life is on that computer. :( All of my work, my music, my pictures...communications I need. Everything.

Fortunately, they said that while there's only a 20% chance the computer can be saved, they're 99% sure the data can be recovered. So, worst case scenario, I'll have to buy and external hard drive, put my data on that, and then use this crappy desktop, because it'll be months before I'll be able to afford a new laptop. :sad:

I should be grateful for the data, I guess. Very little of my thesis work has been backed up. Pretty much only the data analysis I've been doing. All the rest, the lit reviews and the theoretical work I've done so far, a year and a half worth, would be gone. :yikes: :sad:

Needless to say, I've been pretty down.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Oh yea...it's even goes off when I try to take a hot shower! It's really fun! :happy:

We had one that was put in the hallway outside out bathroom that does the same thing. I had to take it down.

The funny thing is, before they inspected out place and put it there, there was one at the opposite end of the hallway that worked perfectly fine, but they said it wasn't positioned right and took it down and moved it. Now, we have none up there. :|

VintagePunk said:

We had one that was put in the hallway outside out bathroom that does the same thing. I had to take it down.

The funny thing is, before they inspected out place and put it there, there was one at the opposite end of the hallway that worked perfectly fine, but they said it wasn't positioned right and took it down and moved it. Now, we have none up there. :|

Ahh....ok at least I know what the worst case scenario is :hug: :wink:

VintagePunk said:

:sad: :sad: It's SO upsetting and frustrating. It's like my entire life is on that computer. :( All of my work, my music, my pictures...communications I need. Everything.

Fortunately, they said that while there's only a 20% chance the computer can be saved, they're 99% sure the data can be recovered. So, worst case scenario, I'll have to buy and external hard drive, put my data on that, and then use this crappy desktop, because it'll be months before I'll be able to afford a new laptop. :sad:

I should be grateful for the data, I guess. Very little of my thesis work has been backed up. Pretty much only the data analysis I've been doing. All the rest, the lit reviews and the theoretical work I've done so far, a year and a half worth, would be gone. :yikes: :sad:

Needless to say, I've been pretty down.

I can only imagine :hug: That is just Exasperating :banghead:

But it IS good news that you probably will retain most of your data - and sometimes having to change up your work station environment can give you a new perspective on things you've been working on :hug:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this...it's kind of funny, in a pathetic sort of a way, I guess. I ended up sending B that e-mail Thurs. night....and now I can't access my e-mail account to see if he's replied. My sister said I should just call him, and I said yeah, in a day or so...but then I realized, his phone numbers are on my computer. :happy:

I *think* I remember his home number, but I'm not completely sure if I've got it right. :|

VintagePunk said:

that's not a good thing :uhoh:

Ours run primarily on the house electricity but are battery back-ups and they work great :up: Not sure where my Dad got them or anything, but we haven't had any issues with them here. In the old house we had to take the batteries out of the one in the kitchen more than once :lol:

VintagePunk said:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this...it's kind of funny, in a pathetic sort of a way, I guess. I ended up sending B that e-mail Thurs. night....and now I can't access my e-mail account to see if he's replied. My sister said I should just call him, and I said yeah, in a day or so...but then I realized, his phone numbers are on my computer. :happy:

I *think* I remember his home number, but I'm not completely sure if I've got it right. :|

That is so completely the type of thing I do to myself all the time. I can't count how many times I've needed a phone number or address and only had access to it on my home PC :crack:

it's strange how dependant we become without realizing it.

You should definitley try to get a hold of him, though, and give him a heads up :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

that's not a good thing :uhoh:

Ours run primarily on the house electricity but are battery back-ups and they work great :up: Not sure where my Dad got them or anything, but we haven't had any issues with them here. In the old house we had to take the batteries out of the one in the kitchen more than once :lol:

I know it's not an ideal situation, but neither is 30 minutes of loud beeping whenever we shower. :lol: At least we still have one in the basement, and another on the ground floor.

Sad_Girl said:

That is so completely the type of thing I do to myself all the time. I can't count how many times I've needed a phone number or address and only had access to it on my home PC :crack:

it's strange how dependant we become without realizing it.

You should definitley try to get a hold of him, though, and give him a heads up :hug:

He actually tried to call me three times yesterday, and I didn't pick up. :reject: Like I said to someone else, I couldn't cope with the death of my computer and rejection from him all on the same day. :sigh:

So, as it stands now, I could either have a strong, renewed relationship, or I could be broken up. I have no friggin idea which way it went. :lmao:

Hi Mia :hug:

VintagePunk said:

I know it's not an ideal situation, but neither is 30 minutes of loud beeping whenever we shower. :lol: At least we still have one in the basement, and another on the ground floor.

Believe me I understand, I didn't mean to criticize. Maybe you can find a strictly battery operated one you can mount upstairs yourselves though, as a back up. it's worth looking into.

You guys sleep on the ground floor, anyway, don't you?

VintagePunk said:

He actually tried to call me three times yesterday, and I didn't pick up. :reject: Like I said to someone else, I couldn't cope with the death of my computer and rejection from him all on the same day. :sigh:

So, as it stands now, I could either have a strong, renewed relationship, or I could be broken up. I have no friggin idea which way it went. :lmao:

if he was calling to break up I suspect he would've only called once. or maybe twice :lol:

I understand about being too emotionally raw to face the possibility of that though :yes: but you shouldn't keep him hanging too long :uhoh: poor guy :wink:

Hi Mia :hug: how are you tonight?

Sad_Girl said:

Believe me I understand, I didn't mean to criticize. Maybe you can find a strictly battery operated one you can mount upstairs yourselves though, as a back up. it's worth looking into.

You guys sleep on the ground floor, anyway, don't you?

No, I didn't take it as criticism. :) It's just a pain in the ass, and frustrating that it worked just fine before they started messing with it. :huh: I keep meaning to replace it, put another one up in the original place. And yes, we generally do sleep downstairs, so that's why I haven't really rushed to rectify it. It's not due to procrastination, or anything. :shifty: :wink:

snapshot_d272efe5_1274b922.jpg

snapshot_d272efe5_3274bb0e.jpg

snapshot_d272fc1f_9272fcc8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom