Pleban Girls Party – looking for some lucky charms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ThoraSEB said:

Wow - that's so awesome! I went on a program with my university to N. Ireland to study the peace process. Very fascinating stuff! We got to meet with some of the most influential people there - everyone from the major politicians to religious leaders and people involved in terrorist activities. It was an incredible experience. I ended up loving Ireland so much I stayed longer than the program. Amazing people, beautiful country, I could go on and on!

that must have been interesting meeting the influential people :)

Ireland :love:

hi thora, not sure if ive spoken to you, im Jem :wave::hug:

sami0201 said:
Sarah :hug: What's the paper on?

It's a position paper on medicinal marijuana :|

I've been working on it all day, and I don't even have one sentenec written down. I just can't figure out how to start it :uhoh:....AND the rough rough draft is due on Monday :yikes:

:hug:

Sad_Girl said:

Jem - Did you see I needed new baby name suggestions for your sim? :D

Chloe for a girl and i was gonna choose Joshua for a boy but GG beat me to it :angry::wink: :hmm: Liam for a boy i think im not in a creative mood :lol:

Sami breaks :drool:

Sarah what is the paper on?

i need to go get a shower soon, goin out soon and still in PJ's :lmao:

FlyYourKite said:
Sounds awesome Thora! : )

How is your break going Sami? : drool:

Well my last day of school was yesterday :lol: It will be a pretty boring break since all my friends are either on vacation or college visiting. :grumpy: But it'll be nice to have a week to just do nothing. :drool: I'm going to go to my grandparent's clubhouse for a few days and lay in the sun at the pool. :love:

I read about your news before, I'm so sorry. :( :hug: But like VP said, it has a high recovery rate so at least that's some good news. :hug: I know it's tough to try and focus on that though, when anyone you love is going through something like that. :heart:

Sarah :yikes: I don't know anything about that! :lol: Good luck!!

sami0201 said:

Sarah :yikes: I don't know anything about that! :lol: Good luck!!

We had to choose a contraversal issue going on the he US today...and my mom thought I should choose that :lol: But it's SO hard! :|

See you Fly and Jem :hug:

Sarah, in my opinion, the introduction of any paper is the hardest part to write. So, my secret to essays is - leave it till last. :happy: Very often, you just have to go back and edit it once you're done, anyway. The body of the paper directly influences what the introduction needs to say, anyway, so I would start there.

You know what side you're arguing, right? Jot down several reasons that you consider important in point form, and then expand on them.

How long does this have to be?

:nerd:

Sami, I hope you really enjoy your break. With all the work you've had lately, you deserve it. :heart: Is DG on break this week, too?

Last edited:
Thanks VP. :) :hug: I don't think DG is on break, but she could be.....up north they are off in February and April, but I know people in private school in NYC who are off this week... so :shrug:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah, in my opinion, the introduction of any paper is the hardest part to write. So, my secret to essays is - leave it till last. :happy: Very often, you just have to go back and edit it once you're done, anyway. The body of the paper directly influences what the introduction needs to say, anyway, so I would start there.

You know what side you're arguing, right? Jot down several reasons that you consider important in point form, and then expand on them.

How long does this have to be?

:nerd:

I'm 100% for medicinal marijuana :wink:

The introduction is supposed to be 1-3 paragraphs including a hook, story, thesis, definition/explanation, types.

The body paragraphs are supposed to be 3-6 paragraphs including: support position, laws, cases, groups, people

The conclusion is supposed to be 1-3 paragraphs including: restated thesis, proofs to support, call to action

sami0201 said:
Thanks VP. :) :hug: I don't think DG is on break, but she could be.....up north they are off in February and April, but I know people in private school in NYC who are off this week... so :shrug:

Our public schools had this past week off. Universities here have theirs in Feb., since they're done classes in early April. Not sure about private schools. Private schools aren't nearly as common up here as they are down there, I think.

Sarah, it seems you pretty much know the categories you need to cover for the body. I'd just start looking over your materials/research, and then start filling it in in point form, or rough sentences if you prefer. Get that out of the way, and then the rest will practically write itself. :up:

bonoishot said:
VP you're sooo smart :drool:

ok got to go dry my hair :lol:

:hug::wave:

X

Thanks :hug: Although I don't know if it's being smart, necessarily. Knowing how to present your ideas is very important, here. Someone might have more knowledge, but the person with the better writing/communication style will generally get the better marks, so it's a really important skill to have, and it's easily learned. :)

Sarah, you wouldn't believe how many long, frustrating hours I used to spend staring at a blank screen, waiting for inspiration for the perfect introduction, before I started taking this approach instead. :reject: :lol: It's much more effective.

Back
Top Bottom