Pleban Girls Party – looking for some lucky charms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope that's the case VP. :hug: :heart: And I'm glad your mother isn't affected by that! I often think that because their job involves breaking upsetting news to people frequently, they can become sort of jaded about the whole thing and forget what it would be like to be the patient/family sitting opposite you.

An upside to this week though was I think that I have discovered an area of nursing that really interests me and I want to pursue. I absolutely loved my two days in the OR. And while being a scrub or circulating nurse may get sort of tedious after awhile, it is still fascinating stuff. I found myself more interested in what anesthesiology was doing and asked them all sorts of questions about the medications they used, intubation, etc. :) They were very helpful and seemed to love their job. I discovered there is such thing as a Nurse Anesthetist in the US (doesn't exist in Canada) which is essentially a nurse who has ICU experience and a Masters degree in Nursing Anesthesia. They can do 65% of what an anesthesiologist can do including putting in central lines, intubation, etc. Plus the starting salary is $110,000 US a year. :drool:

Have I ever shared these with you girls? My cousin sent me a list of country song titles :lol: Some of them are priceless:

Dropkick Me Jesus, Through the Goalposts of Life

Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye

Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure

I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling

I Flushed You From The Toilets Of My Heart.

I Wanna Whip Your Cow

If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You

Mama Get The Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head)

My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love Jesus

They May Put Me In Prison, But They Can't Stop My Face From Breakin' Out

You Were Only A Splinter In My Ass As I Slid Down The Bannister Of Life

You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

:drool: :| :lmao:

Sometimes I think that doctors forget that their patients might not have an awareness of medicine, and so they don't think of the impact that that word can have on people. I can remember sitting there thinking "holy shit, he's acting like he just told her she has the sniffles!" Fortunately, in her case, it was about as serious as the sniffles. He just forgot to tell us. I don't think he meant to cause us alarm, he seemed like a nice guy. I think they're human and sometimes forget, or make assumptions.

That's so exciting about the OR and the anesthetist field!! :hyper: And quite lucrative, too. :drool: It must be so great to do what you love AND be financially rewarded for it. So you'd have to go to school in the US? What kinds of surgeries have you seen this week?

My SIL wants to take the OR specialization course.

See you GG :hug:

:lmao: at the song list. People listen to that crap??

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
Sometimes I think that doctors forget that their patients might not have an awareness of medicine, and so they don't think of the impact that that word can have on people. I can remember sitting there thinking "holy shit, he's acting like he just told her she has the sniffles!" Fortunately, in her case, it was about as serious as the sniffles. He just forgot to tell us. I don't think he meant to cause us alarm, he seemed like a nice guy. I think they're human and sometimes forget, or make assumptions.

That's so exciting about the OR and the anesthetist field!! :hyper: And quite lucrative, too. :drool: It must be so great to do what you love AND be financially rewarded for it. So you'd have to go to school in the US? What kinds of surgeries have you seen this week?

My SIL wants to take the OR specialization course.

Yep the only schools that offer the course are in the US because that's where the CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) is recognized. :up:

On Tuesday I was thrown into the gynecology room. I was so scared right before the first one started because I had no idea how I was going to react! :lol: But thankfully, I never felt like I was going to pass out at all. So on that day I saw a vaginal hysterectomy, removal of a growth on the uterus that was the size of a grapefruit, and an endometrial ablation (where they cauterize and blast off the unwanted tissue and cells). Burning tissue = smelly. :yikes:

On Wednesday I was in the urology room and saw two percutaneous lithotripsies and removal of kidney stones. :yuck: Those are nasty little buggers. And the rest of the day was filled with ureteroscopies and cystoscopies (aka looking up urethras for stones, cancer, growths, etc.)

:love: It was so exciting.

Sounds like a great couple of days. If you're into human body parts. :hyper: :lol:

YES!!!!!! Where did you find the link??? I posted in B&C about it, and i want to go SO badly!!!! :drool:

I got the e-mail about it really late last night, just before I was going to go to bed. I then stayed up for hours after, reading about it. :lol:

I already asked my sister if she wants to go. She's not a fan, but has always wanted to go on a cruise, and the price seems reasonable. She said to forward the e-mail to her, and she's gonna call me later. :hyper:

Four days on a boat with Ed :drool: :drool:

Hello, Ed. :flirt: Can I rub some more lotion on you? :sexywink:

:lmao:

VintagePunk said:
I already asked my sister if she wants to go. She's not a fan, but has always wanted to go on a cruise, and the price seems reasonable. She said to forward the e-mail to her, and she's gonna call me later. :hyper:

Awesome! :hyper: :love: I hope you end up getting to go, what an experience that would be!

I would looooove to go, but I have no way of knowing what school/clinical is going to be like for next year. :(

:lmao: I can see it now... "Canadian woman on cruise arrested for attempting to sneak into singer's cabin room, full story at 6." :lol:

That's the problem with things being so far away. :(

I figure that if I get a job in the next month or two, I probably won't get any time off in the summer, but I think a week in January wouldn't be out of line.

Fly i read your news before and sent you a PM :hug::heart: am sure it will be treatable or they would have him straight in :hug:

that song list :lmao:

imagine a U2 cruise :drool: :drool: :combust:

thats good though that you found an aspect of nursing you really wanna go into :D and $110,00 dollars wont hurt as pay :drool:

FlyYourKite said:

:lmao: I can see it now... "Canadian woman on cruise arrested for attempting to sneak into singer's cabin room, full story at 6." :lol:

:shifty: :angel:

They seem like such seriously cool guys!! And the faq said that they are going to be onboard for the entire cruise, unlike some celebrity cruises, where they just meet you at a port of call.

They are doing two major shows, and each guest is guaranteed to attend one, and then they'll be doing assorted acoustic jams during the trip. :happy: Plus, there are supposed to be other musical and comedy guests. Guster is confirmed, with more to come. I wonder if Harland Williams is going to be there - he's Ed's cousin.

VintagePunk said:

:shifty: :angel:

They seem like such seriously cool guys!! And the faq said that they are going to be onboard for the entire cruise, unlike some celebrity cruises, where they just meet you at a port of call.

They are doing two major shows, and each guest is guaranteed to attend one, and then they'll be doing assorted acoustic jams during the trip. :happy: Plus, there are supposed to be other musical and comedy guests. Guster is confirmed, with more to come. I wonder if Harland Williams is going to be there - he's Ed's cousin.

That's so cool that they're doing that! And yeah definitely much better than those other stupid celebrity cruises. :rolleyes:

Acoustic jams :drool: And Guster too! :love: Wow, it sounds incredible.

VintagePunk said:

Ed! You dripped some of that margarita down your chest! :( Here, let me get that for you....

:shifty:

:shifty: :flirt:

I would love to go to Hawaii Jem but I don't think that's in the cards. :lol: I barely have enough for Ireland as it is and will have to work my ass off once I get there. :madwife: :wink:

FlyYourKite said:

Thanks Jem! :hug : I just got it...lack of popup :angry: :wink : Glad to hear you had a great St. Paddy's Day!

i hate it when popup's dont popup :madwife::lol:

Its the best weekend EVER music channel wise as its all irish songs so many U2 videos and ive now seen WOWY vid and The Clannad/Bono vid for once in a lifetime twice :drool: :drool: :combust:

im still in my PJ's and its 7.20pm :lol:

Oh VP! :hyper: I was at Chapters the other day and found a book that I think you'd enjoy :wink:

It's called Seven Seasons of Buffy and it is a compilation of essays by science fiction and fantasy writers about the show, its evolution, characters, impact on viewers, and various themes like philosophy, psychology, love, etc. that are woven into the show. :love:

FlyYourKite said:

:shifty: :flirt:

I would love to go to Hawaii Jem but I don't think that's in the cards. :lol: I barely have enough for Ireland as it is and will have to work my ass off once I get there. :madwife: :wink:

You should look into Jan of next year! It's only for a few days, and they have a really good payment plan. You only have to put down $99 when you book!

*bad influence* :wink:

Honestly, I'd rather do this than go to Hawaii. Does that make me a bad person? :reject: I think it'll be more fun, in a relaxing, easy-going kind of way.

FlyYourKite said:
Oh VP! :hyper: I was at Chapters the other day and found a book that I think you'd enjoy :wink:

It's called Seven Seasons of Buffy and it is a compilation of essays by science fiction and fantasy writers about the show, its evolution, characters, impact on viewers, and various themes like philosophy, psychology, love, etc. that are woven into the show. :love:

I've read about that on Amazon, and I wanted to get it! :drool: :love: So it looks good, then?

VintagePunk said:

I've read about that on Amazon, and I wanted to get it! :drool: :love: So it looks good, then?

It did from the flipthrough that I conducted. :up: :wink: Some of the reviews on Amazon aren't that positive, but what I read sounded very interesting and thought-provoking. It's not a "OMG BUFY RULZ!!11" kinda thing :lol: but a genuine analysis of its themes.

VintagePunk said:
Dammit, I forgot the 21 rule. :mad:

Does it have to be a parent that you go with? I can't remember. I could "adopt" you for a few days. :shifty:

:sexywink:

"Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by an individual twenty-five years or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Guests under the age of 21 traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom."

FlyYourKite said:

It did from the flipthrough that I conducted. :up: :wink: Some of the reviews on Amazon aren't that positive, but what I read sounded very interesting and thought-provoking. It's not a "OMG BUFY RULZ!!11" kinda thing :lol: but a genuine analysis of its themes.

That's probably why it got bad reviews on Amazon. :|

FlyYourKite said:

:sexywink:

"Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by an individual twenty-five years or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Guests under the age of 21 traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom."

I'm just a tad over 25. :wink:

:lmao:

FlyYourKite said:

I would love to go to Hawaii Jem but I don't think that's in the cards. :lol : I barely have enough for Ireland as it is and will have to work my ass off once I get there. :madwife : :wink :

it will be worth it though :drool: and you get to have some pleban time in dublin with me, wild and Ruff :hyper::happy:

Honestly, I'd rather do this than go to Hawaii. Does that make me a bad person? :reject : I think it'll be more fun, in a relaxing, easy-going kind of way.

dont be silly, do what YOU wanna do, if it makes you happy :hug: if i make it to Hawaii id have to go for like 10 days so id have relaxing time aswell, beaches, swimming with dolphins :love: ive always wanted to go to Hawaii

Back
Top Bottom