Pleban Girls Party - Desperately Seeking Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:
40350d7d.jpg

oooooo that's a very beautifully sexy photo of Adam

very very nice

CeeCee said:

Having fun in the tub, Bri? *giggles* What kind of bubble bath do you use?

Always :wink:
So hot and wet...
You just lay back, relax, let the sensation wash over you...

:shifty:

Wait......we were talking baths right? :ohmy:

Err......I mean that's what I meant the whole time.

:wink:

Awww Bye Dazz! :hug:

I wish Fly was here! She'd be excited to know I added more to the "bar"! :happy:

Near Clone! :hug: I've been waiting for you! I need to pick your brain about my guitar. My mother (not that I can believe her) said yesterday taht my D chord sounded flat. Only I can't figure out if it really was flat, or if she simply plays all 6 string instead of the first 4 only. So if my strings are flat, how do I tune them and figure out when the hell they are in tune?

~BrightestStar~ said:

:angel:
I wouldn't know. You tell me. :wink:

This bar...:mac: :giggle:
thebar5anhalf.jpg

Mucca! :hug:
How's life? Have you found out your marks yet?

Nice bar :giggle:

Life is not bad. I did find out my marks, iI received it in the mail yesterday. My average dropped (obviously) so now it's at 87%. Hope that's enough to get into McGill. :huh: I really messed up on my math prov. but I some how managed an 86% on my english prov. I was expecting the opposite but oh well :shrug:

Mucca said:

Life is not bad. I did find out my marks, iI received it in the mail yesterday. My average dropped (obviously) so now it's at 87%. Hope that's enough to get into McGill. :huh: I really messed up on my math prov. but I some how managed an 86% on my english prov. I was expecting the opposite but oh well :shrug:

Poor Near Clone! :hug: Course I don't understand Canadian school grades but I get the generall idea of it. McGill a really tough school, or jsut one of those very very picky ones? WHy they should be lucky to get my Near Clone! They better not make me come up there and have a chat with them!

CeeCee said:
Near Clone! :hug: I've been waiting for you! I need to pick your brain about my guitar. My mother (not that I can believe her) said yesterday taht my D chord sounded flat. Only I can't figure out if it really was flat, or if she simply plays all 6 string instead of the first 4 only. So if my strings are flat, how do I tune them and figure out when the hell they are in tune?

:hug::heart:

When you play the D chord you don't strum all 6, just the first 4/5 strings. As for tuning you'll need a keyboard or a tuner or something that can tell you whether your lower E is in tune first. Once you have that in tune you can tune the rest of the strings as follows:

To tune the A,D,G,high E strings, press down on the 5th fret of the string that is one lower.

To tune the B string, press down on the 4th fret of the string that is one lower.

If you hear pulses then the string is out of tune. The slower the pulses the closer you are to being in tune.

Hope that made sense.

CeeCee said:

Poor Near Clone! :hug: Course I don't understand Canadian school grades but I get the generall idea of it. McGill a really tough school, or jsut one of those very very picky ones? WHy they should be lucky to get my Near Clone! They better not make me come up there and have a chat with them!

Awww I love my near clone, always sticking up for me!! :hug::heart::heart:

I guess McGill is pretty tough school but it's not as bad as over here at home. The nursing program over here requires at leaset 90% :yikes:

Mucca said:

(PS. Cindy.....the patrons of the bar would be many of your felloe posters....;) )

87%?! My dear girl, you should hardly have anything to worry about. That's an awesome average! Congrats. Uness you're going for some crazy course..I'm sure you'll get in. :yes:
Math sucks. Who needs it anyway? :wink:

Do they do grades differently in Vancouver?
Here they only count your top 6 grades for your average :heart:.....
Of course, we don't write provincial exams either (thank god...the literacy test was a waste of enough time)

Mucca said:

:hug::heart:

When you play the D chord you don't strum all 6, just the first 4/5 strings. As for tuning you'll need a keyboard or a tuner or something that can tell you whether your lower E is in tune first. Once you have that in tune you can tune the rest of the strings as follows:

To tune the A,D,G,high E strings, press down on the 5th fret of the string that is one lower.

To tune the B string, press down on the 4th fret of the string that is one lower.

If you hear pulses then the string is out of tune. The slower the pulses the closer you are to being in tune.

Hope that made sense.

I only play the first 4 strings of my D chord. It sounds a litlw twangy, but I figure that's because I haven't quiet perfected keeping my finger that's on the 3rd strong straight instead of off to the side.

Can you define pulse for me?

~BrightestStar~ said:

(PS. Cindy.....the patrons of the bar would be many of your felloe posters....;) )

87%?! My dear girl, you should hardly have anything to worry about. That's an awesome average! Congrats. Uness you're going for some crazy course..I'm sure you'll get in. :yes:
Math sucks. Who needs it anyway? :wink:

Whose beside Adam?

Well I'm not going into engineering or anything so I hope you're right.

Exactly! If U2 doesn't need it, why would I?!?! All I need to know is how to count from 1 to 14! :lol:

CeeCee said:

I only play the first 4 strings of my D chord. It sounds a litlw twangy, but I figure that's because I haven't quiet perfected keeping my finger that's on the 3rd strong straight instead of off to the side.

Can you define pulse for me?

You'll hear a kind of "wah-wah" sound.

~BrightestStar~ said:

Do they do grades differently in Vancouver?
Here they only count your top 6 grades for your average :heart:.....
Of course, we don't write provincial exams either (thank god...the literacy test was a waste of enough time)

You guys don't have provincials?!?!? Ack!! They're just another way to drag your mark down!! :mad: :madspit:

Over here, they look at only provincially examiable courses which would be all of the academic stuff. They look at your top 4 or 5 courses depending on which university.

Night Bri! :hug:
Sweet (naughty) B dreams :heart:

CeeCee said:

Would that qualify as teh sound of an open string? I always hate the "wah-wah" sound cause I'm not sure how it sounds. :lol:

This is so hard to explain with just words :huh:

Hmm....let's see....when hit an open string you'll hear a tone and you'll hear a "wah-wah" sound because sound travels in waves.

When you have to strings playing that are in tune the waves should be travelling perfectly parallel to each other so that the sound of the wave with sound exactly the same. When the strings are not in tune the waves hit each other causing this pulsing notes. The sound will have a rise and fall to it.

I dunno if that clarifies anything :huh::lol:

Mucca said:

This is so hard to explain with just words :huh:

Hmm....let's see....when hit an open string you'll hear a tone and you'll hear a "wah-wah" sound because sound travels in waves.

When you have to strings playing that are in tune the waves should be travelling perfectly parallel to each other so that the sound of the wave with sound exactly the same. When the strings are not in tune the waves hit each other causing this pulsing notes. The sound will have a rise and fall to it.

I dunno if that clarifies anything :huh::lol:

I know, it's hard to learn in just words too. I apologize to you, Near Clone, for alas I am as dumb as a brick.

I do know, my first and second strings seem to twang alot lately. I'm wondering if it means I should change the strings or if they're possibly out of tune..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom