Pleban Girls party - BABY SHOWER (don't forget the loofah!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah... the ones I've seen are just copies of cartoons, basically.

So what was up with that little polar bear cub? Death threats?! :confused:

Knut is a captive-born polar bear that is currently the subject of international popularity and controversy. He was rejected by his mother at birth and is therefore being raised by zoo handlers.

After the unproblematic gestation time of the 20-year old polar bear Tosca, Knut and his brother were born on 5 December 2006. This was the first polar bear birth at the Berlin Zoo in over thirty years. Tosca, who is a former circus performer, rejected Knut and his brother. After four days, the brother died and Knut was separated from his mother by zoo workers. He spent the first 44 days of his life in an incubator.

On 23 March 2007, Knut was presented to the public for the first time.

several people were saying that he should not have been saved; that when the mother rejected them they should have let both cubs die

then the other day the zoo had to call in the police for protection because someone phoned in threats that they were going to kill the bear - he's the star of the zoo right now, both because he's so cute / rare and all of the controversy

Sad_Girl said:
Knut is a captive-born polar bear that is currently the subject of international popularity and controversy. He was rejected by his mother at birth and is therefore being raised by zoo handlers.

After the unproblematic gestation time of the 20-year old polar bear Tosca, Knut and his brother were born on 5 December 2006. This was the first polar bear birth at the Berlin Zoo in over thirty years. Tosca, who is a former circus performer, rejected Knut and his brother. After four days, the brother died and Knut was separated from his mother by zoo workers. He spent the first 44 days of his life in an incubator.

On 23 March 2007, Knut was presented to the public for the first time.

several people were saying that he should not have been saved; that when the mother rejected them they should have let both cubs die

then the other day the zoo had to call in the police for protection because someone phoned in threats that they were going to kill the bear - he's the star of the zoo right now, both because he's so cute / rare and all of the controversy

People are stupid in the begining and people are stupid now! :tsk:

I agree... if the bears are born in captivity to an essentially domesticated mother, then the "nature red in tooth and claw" rule of the wild shouldn't apply... it's idiotic.

He is adorable! :cute:

Alisaura said:
I agree... if the bears are born in captivity to an essentially domesticated mother, then the "nature red in tooth and claw" rule of the wild shouldn't apply... it's idiotic.

He is adorable! :cute:

I was thinking the same thing. If Knut was born in the wild and the mom disowned him....I would understand.

But not while he's captivity! There are people that can take care of him (I don't know fully how...but I'm sure of it).

yeah, I agree, by having an animal in a zoo or captivity of any kind, I think people take responsibility for that animal, and that certainly includes (more so even) their offspring :yes:

... for some reason I didn't see that line in your first post! :der:

Sorry to hear that :hug: How can we cheer you up? Hot Bono pics? :wink:

I'm pretty good, thanks. Full of chocolate :D

Thank you guys,I posted something In Pleba that helped a little:wink:

Bare Chested Bono
Well I got to go See Y`all later:hug::kiss:

Hey GG and Fiona :wave:

... Dammit, now I have Ernie's rubber ducky song stuck in my head! :lol:

I need to expunge it with some bass practice... (with headphones cos my housemate's asleep) :shifty:

:shifty:

arockstarisapersoninyoukr2.gif

:bono: A rockstar is a person in your neighborhood... :happy:

:madwife: for you Ali, for laughing at me in a certain other thread....

:tongue: I can't help it that I wanna learn to play his instrument the way he plays it :sexywink:

:uhoh: IF I ever figure out the song... which I won't since I don't have an elec guitar and therefore need somebody to tab it for me... and nobody wants to do it :sigh:

:lmao: Ali, should I post *THE* pic here????

SG and Drea said last night they liked the pic where the samples guy was wearing an adam-esque hat... :lmao: In this pic a certain person is wearing a hat no?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But it's such an incredibly SEXY hat... I'm not sure it would be wise to post it here, for safety reasons... I can imagine Plebans combusting all over the world... starting fires... :no:

Aw, go on then :D

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom