Pleban Girls Party - another time, another thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:

Thanks Drea....I didn't want to say something about this last week cause she was getting better (if at all) and I didn't want to bother you girls....especially SG and VP....since they had/have bad problems too :hug:

Plus I thought you girls would get sick of me whining about my mother being in the hospital AGAIN.....no matter how bad she is now :sigh: :wink:

Edit: Hi Fiona :hug: :wave:
Thanks SG.....I didn't want to bother you with my problems since you have problems of your own :hug:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Plus I thought you girls would get sick of me whining about my mother being in the hospital AGAIN.....no matter how bad she is now :sigh: :wink:

You? Whining right now? Compared to this, I'm whining so much I should be :drunk:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:lol:

I complain too much....and I can get irritating with it too...so that's why I said what I said :hug:

We all need to be able to vent sometimes - and right now, you have every reason to need to talk about things that are sad and difficult. You don't have to, of course, if you'd rather not think about it, we're here to entertain and have fun, too :hug: but you have nothing to apologize for

By the way, SG, my ankle was feeling much better today.

And I got another call today. :shh:

So things are looking up. :wink:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

We all need to be able to vent sometimes - and right now, you have every reason to need to talk about things that are sad and difficult. You don't have to, of course, if you'd rather not think about it, we're here to entertain and have fun, too :hug: but you have nothing to apologize for

Thanks SG....I try too much to please other people :hug: :giggle:

My dad said the same thing Fiona......right now I'm a mix bag of emotions. One moment I'm calm and normal and the next moment I'm :sad: my eyes out!

*updates journal*

Jo - I would've pointed out to that smartass coworker that the wheels on an office chair can go quite easily over toes... :evil:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
My dad said the same thing Fiona......right now I'm a mix bag of emotions. One moment I'm calm and normal and the next moment I'm :sad: my eyes out!

That's OK for what you're going through, Weldy. I'd be more worried if you were telling us you were "fine."

jobob said:

That's OK for what you're going through, Weldy. I'd be more worried if you were telling us you were "fine."

:yes:

Drea - why warn him? She should just roll over his toes to make her point :wink:

Last edited:
Drea said:
*updates journal*

Jo - I would've pointed out to that smartass coworker that the wheels on an office chair can go quite easily over toes... :evil:

Why, yes they can, can't they? :hmm: :lol:

Naah, it's too much time and effort to roll over to his desk.

Besides, since one of our printers is right across from my desk, I have been scooting my chair over to the printer to pick up my printouts even before he said that. I'm no fool. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Yea I'm not feeling as :sad: as I was on Sunday and Monday.....but I do have bouts of :sad:ness. I'm assuming once she does die.....I'll have even more bouts of :sad:ness. Then I'll proably starting to feel fully fine on Saturday cause I know my mother would be in a better place. And I truly grieved on Sunday and Monday when I first saw her in her semi-veg state (mainly cause I knew she wasn't going to get any better).

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Thanks SG....I try too much to please other people :hug: :giggle:

it's so totally normal to be that way, everyone grieves differently. i know when my dad died i didn't cry at all and was a bit of a zombie, right up until the end of the funeral, and then i cried in front of 400 people ( :eek: ) as they carried him out of the church. the main thing is not to be hard on yourself, or to let anyone else tell you how you should be feeling :hug:

andberlin said:

it's so totally normal to be that way, everyone grieves differently. i know when my dad died i didn't cry at all and was a bit of a zombie, right up until the end of the funeral, and then i cried in front of 400 people ( :eek: ) as they carried him out of the church. the main thing is not to be hard on yourself, or to let anyone else tell you how you should be feeling :hug:

I feel fine when I'm outside and not in my apartment or in her ICU room....but when I see her in her room or stay up this late in my apartment....I feel either guilt or loneliness.

I'm use to see her sleeping next to dad when I'm up during the night and see her (and I'm used to her) either at the computer or the TV (with the volume up really loudly cause she was going deaf in one ear) while I'm sleeping during the day (After I get up of course or go to the bathroom :wink: ). And now I feel lonely with just my dad sleeping in his and Mom's room and I feel extra lonely once he goes back to work next week during the day.

:( party poopers! :wink: :hug:
sweet dreams!

yeah, it's those moments when you expect them to be there that are the hardest - the kind of background moments that really make our lives. it's weird how something that's always been the same suddenly changes :sad: must be hard for you, you're doing really well :hug:

Bye to those leaving! :wave:

Weldy... :hug: There is no right or wrong way to feel about something like this, I guess... Like everyone says, everyone is different and grieves differently. :hug:

Hey flybabe! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom