PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we know the Super Bowl bit is apparently true. WE ARE WEEKS AWAY FROM NEW MUSIC. :drool:

I'm skeptical of the tour as well; saw supposed "dates" for summer here and dismissed them pretty easily. I'll believe tour dates when we actually get them from the band.

However, knowing we are literally WEEKS away from new music? :faint:
My wee heart can't take it.

*puts OL on repeat on phone* :shifty: :reject:

On the other hand, it makes the game more bearable for those of us who have to watch it anyway!

Is anyone else going to be watching the Golden Globes tomorrow? Should we start a PLEBA thread for commentary and pics? The one I started in ETYKIW fell flat, and over here it got a little buried in Misc news.

I'm not a big football fan although I've watched plenty of it in my life. And the Super Bowl ads used to be better I thought, but the last few years I feel like they are trying way too hard to be funny or cute or whatever and I think most are pretty bad.

Though the year I was watching and this came on, I was pretty shocked and amazed. :shocked: LOL!

U2 Boots Super Bowl 2009 GOYB - YouTube

On the other hand, it makes the game more bearable for those of us who have to watch it anyway!

Is anyone else going to be watching the Golden Globes tomorrow? Should we start a PLEBA thread for commentary and pics? The one I started in ETYKIW fell flat, and over here it got a little buried in Misc news.

I'm all for a PLEBA thread for the GGs. I'm only watching them in hopes of a U2 sighting and award. So having a thread to chat in would help kill the boredom. :lol:

And there's gonna be lots of press at the GG, I guess. So why wouldn't it deserve its own thread. We'll be seeing a big amount of photo's and video's.

I'm not going to watch the Golden Globes. There will be video of any U2 appearances all over the internet the next day, anyway.

I'll be watching it because A) I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler; and B) I'm a sucker for the GGs and Oscars!

Jeesh, that album is getting delayed big time if its released in June. That feels like lightyears away compared to the other rumoured release dates.

Big discussion in the album forum all day since the FOX article was published. U2 have something big coming up. What exactly will be known in three weeks after the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl commercial at some point during the game. (Sun Feb 2nd)
They're either announcing the single or the single AND the album.

Single to be released Tues following the Super Bowl (most likely). So that'd be Feb 4th.

Within 2-3 weeks of that I bet we either have an album or a release date. And more than likely tour news.

Straight from U2.com -- U2 > News > 'INVISIBLE' - FOR (RED)

"There's been some online buzz this week about what the band have been up to in LA.

Here's the scoop.

It's all about a new song called 'Invisible', a track the band will be releasing as part of an initiative with (RED), to support the fight against AIDS.

Everybody's really excited about the song and the band have been shooting the video in LA.

That's all we can say for now... we'll keep you posted!"

So if we read between the lines, this is most likely our Super Bowl song, the new single, and probably the lead on the new album. :hyper:

And once again, thank you Guy for actually posting news! The U2 site updating on a regular basis? What IS this world coming to!? :wink: :up:

***BREAKING NEWS***

This has just been announced. U2 have been nominated for an Oscar (aka Academy Award) for their song "Ordinary Love" which was specially made for the film "Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom". U2 have recently won a Golden Globe at 2014's Golden Globes. The best of luck to U2 and fingers crossed they can come away with a victory at 2014's Oscar's!

* The Oscar's/The 86th Academy Awards will be held on the 2nd March 2014 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles/USA

Link - 2014 Oscar Nominees | 86th Academy Awards Nominations

Source- https://www.facebook.com/pages/U2-Even-Better-Than-The-Real-Thing/173943532659957

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Random question, because I just saw this on the German U2 board:

Does anyone here have the Hot Press 2014 annual. It has a U2 cover and features an interview with the band that doesn't appear online.

Maybe someone can scan it? I'd love to read it.

Yeah, I'm surprised this hasn't turned up here yet. Maybe one of the other U2 forums, since they're all up on the news these days? :wink:

Yeah, I'm surprised this hasn't turned up here yet. Maybe one of the other U2 forums, since they're all up on the news these days? :wink:

If by "news" you mean drunk lies and trolling YouTube scandals involving Dave Fanning. :lmao:

Seriously, though, I haven't heard/seen this U2 article yet, would love to give it a read as well if it turns up! :up:

Very very interesting read, not only the parts where Paul talks about the new album and the upcoming tour, but also a lot of other details he's sharing about his life with U2. Great interview :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom