Pleba Girls' Party...Coming down fast, but right here above you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Okay. I have several tiers of U2 songs...those I'm nutsy about, those I totally love, and those I just love.

At any given time, songs can jump from tier to tier without warning. For example, a song I merely just loved one day can become a song i'm absolutely obsessed with the next.

My two newest songs that would reflect this jump are Walk On and New Years Day. This has been the case for several weeks. Anyone else??

I don't have any definate favorites....I just seem to love them all!

MGMyGuinness said:

I signed the petition and I figured "Well, I guess I should listen to the song." That's how I discovered it. :lol:

Another one featured heavily on Dawn's mental playlist recently (which is totally different than my original question, no correlation, really) is Daddy's Gonna Pay... :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Okay. I have several tiers of U2 songs...those I'm nutsy about, those I totally love, and those I just love.

At any given time, songs can jump from tier to tier without warning. For example, a song I merely just loved one day can become a song i'm absolutely obsessed with the next.

My two newest songs that would reflect this jump are Walk On and New Years Day. This has been the case for several weeks. Anyone else??

I think for me the songs kind of go in a rotation. Once month I'd be absolutely obsessed with a song and then a couple months after it would drop a tier. A song can jump a tier if I hear it live. Once a hear them play a song live I'd absolutely fall in love with it. This is the case with Stay for me. When I first heard it I couldn't stop listening to it. Then after awhile it sort of faded. Then when I watched the Boston DVD I fell in love with it again and now that I've learned to play it, I love it even more.

Russty Cat said:

I'm totally the same way. I think things change depending on what is going on in our lives.

My current front runners are Miracle Drug, Starring at the Sun, & Beautiful Day. But Wild Horses is definetly working its way to the front real fast.

And just as fast, they can slip down and be replaced by others??? Thank God I'm not the only one!! :lol:

I dunno...for the first time in ages, Walk On has been extrenely appealing (not that I didn't like it before, of course)...and like I said, New Years Day.

VintagePunk said:

Another one featured heavily on Dawn's mental playlist recently (which is totally different than my original question, no correlation, really) is Daddy's Gonna Pay... :lol:

Now that I think about it, I've been listening to alot of Pop and Zooropa lately. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

So many songs, so many choices. :lol:
this is *really* gonna sound nuts, but at any given time, I usually have a U2 song stuck in my head.

Fuck the revolution!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out. :reject:

Anyway, Sarah and I have made a game of asking each other...what song is going through your head right now?? For me for the past few days, it's been Dirty Day a lot. I blame Chizip. :lol:

Your not weird, I always have music playing in my head. Lately though its been Yesterday and Imagine by Lennon. I can't seem to get Lennon out of my head. And there was a bit of Hey Jude the other night. Its rather creepy when you think of Hey Jude for no good reason in the middle of the night. :lol:

Totally strange question I just thought to ask...has nothing to do with this topic, but VP how did you ever come up with the nic VP anyway?

Mucca said:

I think for me the songs kind of go in a rotation. Once month I'd be absolutely obsessed with a song and then a couple months after it would drop a tier. A song can jump a tier if I hear it live. Once a hear them play a song live I'd absolutely fall in love with it. This is the case with Stay for me. When I first heard it I couldn't stop listening to it. Then after awhile it sort of faded. Then when I watched the Boston DVD I fell in love with it again and now that I've learned to play it, I love it even more.

So many songs, such complicated rules. :angry:

:lol:

VintagePunk said:

And just as fast, they can slip down and be replaced by others??? Thank God I'm not the only one!! :lol:

I dunno...for the first time in ages, Walk On has been extrenely appealing (not that I didn't like it before, of course)...and like I said, New Years Day.

Things can totally slip in my head really quickly. Its a very slippery slope in there. :giggle: Really I think its because most of the time when I'm working I'm listening to music. If I get into what I'm doing I just keep hitting repeat on a cd. I get to in the groove to bother ejecting the cartridge to reload it with new cds. One day Mr. Cat came in and asked me if I could please play a different one, since it was on its 15th go round of the same cd. It was ALYCLB. I've been loving Beautiful Day ever since. But it was also an amazing work day. I was powering thru stuff and grooving really good. So for me its alot about the mindset I'm in when I listen to them.

But I do love Stay, If God When Send his Angels, and Electical Storm alot more lately from watching the videos alot.

Russty Cat said:

:hug: Damn those guys for walking to fast! :lol: We've done that before though, not really knowing where we were going, but eventually some how getting there.

I was thinking a Fend Strat would be the best bet. There is a local shop that has a few used ones for sale for $200-300. I'm going to talk to them about renting one for a while to try it out first.

The funny thing is we went last year and we had absolutely no trouble finding it at all. :lol:

Renting it would be a very good idea. :yes:

My friend bought a Fender Strat as a first guitar and she absolutely loves it! I've played around with it and it's quite a good guitar. :)

Russty Cat said:

Your not weird, I always have music playing in my head. Lately though its been Yesterday and Imagine by Lennon. I can't seem to get Lennon out of my head. And there was a bit of Hey Jude the other night. Its rather creepy when you think of Hey Jude for no good reason in the middle of the night. :lol:

Totally strange question I just thought to ask...has nothing to do with this topic, but VP how did you ever come up with the nic VP anyway?

OMG, I'm afraid this story is going to be *extremely* disappointing. I really wish it were brilliant. :reject:

I was trying to sign up for a message board about two years ago...the name I'd commonly used on the message board I'd been chatting on for eons (since about 96) was gone everywhere...so I used a random name generator. A couple of suggestions in, it came up with Vintage Punk, and I totally loved it, given my coming of age in the late 70's and early 80's...my love of the Clash, the Ramones, Blondies, Sex Pistols, etc...

It's like the name chose me. :lol: I signed up on that site with it, and then when I found this place, it wasn't used here either, so I took it. :)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Unrelating question...Is anyone going to bed soon?!?!?!

I should be, but if I do that means morning will come quicker and then I have to pretend to be a real responsible adult. :( :lol:

VintagePunk said:

OMG, I'm afraid this story is going to be *extremely* disappointing. I really wish it were brilliant. :reject:

I was trying to sign up for a message board about two years ago...the name I'd commonly used on the message board I'd been chatting on for eons (since about 96) was gone everywhere...so I used a random name generator. A couple of suggestions in, it came up with Vintage Punk, and I totally loved it, given my coming of age in the late 70's and early 80's...my love of the Clash, the Ramones, Blondies, Sex Pistols, etc...

It's like the name chose me. :lol: I signed up on that site with it, and then when I found this place, it wasn't used here either, so I took it. :)

For mine I just used my AIM SN. Very creative I know. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

No worries my story isn't brilliant or anything. I've just always liked your name and have been meaning to ask you about it.

Its just funny how different people come up with such different names.

Russty Cat said:

Things can totally slip in my head really quickly. Its a very slippery slope in there. :giggle: Really I think its because most of the time when I'm working I'm listening to music. If I get into what I'm doing I just keep hitting repeat on a cd. I get to in the groove to bother ejecting the cartridge to reload it with new cds. One day Mr. Cat came in and asked me if I could please play a different one, since it was on its 15th go round of the same cd. It was ALYCLB. I've been loving Beautiful Day ever since. But it was also an amazing work day. I was powering thru stuff and grooving really good. So for me its alot about the mindset I'm in when I listen to them.

But I do love Stay, If God When Send his Angels, and Electical Storm alot more lately from watching the videos alot.

That's like me when I go shower. I also have a CD playing when I'm in there. For the past couple months I've been playing the Best of the 80's-90's so I've been listening to alot of Pride and Still haven't found. These songs are so fun to sing in the shower :lol:

I'm listening to Some Days Are Better Than Others. Is it just me, or does anyone else think of a diaper commercial when they hear the lyric "Some days are dry, some days are leaky."? Everytime I hear that lyric that's what I think of. :lmao:

MGMyGuinness said:
I'm listening to Some Days Are Better Than Others. Is it just me, or does anyone else think of a diaper commercial when they hear the lyric "Some days are dry, some days are leaky."? Everytime I hear that lyric that's what I think of. :lmao:

:lmao:

How many aliases do you have on here anyway?

My original chat name??

It was 95/96 and we;d just gotten the internet. The very first site I went to (and what I was most excited about) was TSN, the Canadian equivalent of ESPN. I was HUGE Jays fan at the time...it asked me for a log-in name, and I was stumped. I had no idea that one needed to come up with something like that! After a full two minutes, of careful, fully thought out consideration, I decided upon the name Arizona. Why? Cause it screamed cool and reminded me of Stevie Nicks. :giggle:

Then, next thing I know, I was introduced by one of the regulars to another baseball site. It was based in America. I then spent the next several years explaining to people that "no, I'm not from Arizona, I just liked the name..."

Funny part? I met one of my best friends on there (she actually lives in my city) and to this day she calls me "Zona." :lol:

Mucca said:

That's like me when I go shower. I also have a CD playing when I'm in there. For the past couple months I've been playing the Best of the 80's-90's so I've been listening to alot of Pride and Still haven't found. These songs are so fun to sing in the shower :lol:

:lol: I'll have to try singing Pride in the shower.

Oh man return of the damn Beatles If I fell just came on. I'm gonna be screwed singing them all night again. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom