PGP: Waiting (not so) patiently for 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm doing pretty well gg2!

ah, i forgot about the karate!

I probably would never take that kind of stuff since you can injure yourself pretty nastily just from learning. I salute you for that type of bravery!

I just moved my big 4 ft diameter wooden table from one section of the living room to the other ( had to open up & move other boxes that have been in the way!
The couch will be next - probably over the weekend. That will really set in place the basic major arrangement of the how I want the living room to be.:hyper::love:

and Monday night someone had thrown out a wooden 3 shelf library book cart with casters!
I had been looking to find another plastic drawers bin with casters on sale the past several weeks (instead of 30$ + tax they go on sale for about 20$) with no luck.
Now I can hold off, and use this instead!:hyper::love:

LUCKILY I have an elevator, and there was the disability ramp outside the building entrance! I could have struggled the 4 steps up into the entrance, But not a whole floor's worth of stairs!

so thora ........
I am darkening up ( in photoshop) a photo in some sections using a pen & tablet... and some of it is very tight maneuvering around certain lighter areas.
And others are with faster blocking it a wider pen (menu selection).
So I make this long dark thick wiggly line and I suddenly think "Smokey" !:lol::lol:

so thora ........
I am darkening up ( in photoshop) a photo in some sections using a pen & tablet... and some of it is very tight maneuvering around certain lighter areas.
And others are with faster blocking it a wider pen (menu selection).
So I make this long thick wiggly line and I suddenly think "Smokey" !:lol::lol:

:lol: Awesome!

Funny how Lost can be so incorporated into our daily lives, isn't it? :D

:lol: Awesome!

Funny how Lost can be so incorporated into our daily lives, isn't it? :D

:D

i don't know if you've ever seen for some shows ( started with SF TV) on websites.. "you know you're watching too much __________ (when) : "

And then lists all many of real to wacky/outlandish/bizarre activities or thoughts related to the show in real life.

Like one time for real in the early 80's one of the places I long temped had a copier machine that sounded like some sound effect from either The Empire Strikes Back/ SW or SOmething from ST: Next Generation series. :lol:

:D

i don't know if you've ever seen for some shows ( started with SF TV).. "you know you're watching too much __________ : "

And then lists all many of real to wacky/outlandish/bizarre activities or thoughts related to the show in real life.

Like one time for real in the early 80's one of the places I long temped had a copier machine that sounded like some sound effect from either The EMpire Strikes Back/ SW or SOmething from ST: Next Generation series. :lol:

Yeah, I've heard of lists like that. :lol: I've contributed to lists like that before.

Yesterday's weather was gorgeous. Got down to battery park (south end of Manhattan) just around sunset! Lovely.. :heart:

here's the longer stuff. :D
I just (over he weekend) moved my big 4 ft diameter wooden table from one section of the living room to the other ( had to open up & move other boxes that have been in the way!
The couch will be next - probably over the weekend. That will really set in place the basic major arrangement of the how I want the living room to be.:hyper::love:

and Monday night someone had thrown out a wooden 3 shelf library book cart with casters!
I had been looking to find another plastic drawers bin with casters on sale the past several weeks (instead of 30$ + tax they go on sale for about 20$) with no luck.
Now I can hold off, and use this instead!:hyper::love:

LUCKILY I have an elevator, and there was the disability ramp outside the building entrance! I could have struggled the 4 steps up into the entrance, But not a whole floor's worth of stairs!

how are you doing? weather ok?

Yesterday's weather was gorgeous. Got down to battery park (south end of Manhattan) just around sunset! Lovely.. :heart:

here's the longer stuff. :D

how are you doing? weather ok?

Sounds wonderful!

The weather is back to meh again for the foreseeable future. :lol: I knew the sun wouldn't last, but I had a little shred of hope!

Other than the crummy weather, I'm doing pretty good. Tired, but good. :)

Sounds wonderful!

The weather is back to meh again for the foreseeable future. :lol: I knew the sun wouldn't last, but I had a little shred of hope!

Other than the crummy weather, I'm doing pretty good. Tired, but good. :)

:hug:

its heading towards upper 80's for next few days w/ w/o thunder boomers :sigh:
then better ( dry/"cooler") again at some point

:lol:

I have SO much to see when I get to NorCal. The list grows daily.

:ohmy: So...there's a sociopath here at work. And no, it's not me.

This guy's wife and child are dying. He's still at work, and keeps checking in with the hospital or whoever, growing impatient that they're not dead yet. Management went to go talk to him about it, and now he's nowhere to be found.

So, violent sociopath or pathological liar. Either way, I feel safe at work today. :happy:

...:panic:

Yeah, Tré talked about that on Radio From Hell. I'd get it, but I suck so hard at the plastic guitars and I don't have room for the electronic drum kit that's set up wrong that I want to destroy anyway. Unless there's a singing bit like other Rock Band games. I know every Green Day lyric inside and out.

It does have a singing bit, I understand...

Nope but WOAH it's a DOUBLE vinyl. :ohmy: I did not know Pop was on double! It's in perfect quality too! :love:
It's got these huge inside sleeve photos of discotheque video. I shall take a picture this weekend!

Sweeet. :up:

So just got the word my cousin made it out of surgery. They got the tumor but he can barely see still because it was wrapped around that sight nerve.

Here's hoping for a good recovery.

Fingers crossed here... I hope the nerve is able to recover. :hug:

:wave: from a gay bar on the Castro district.

:ohmy:

*gets that "Gay Bar" song stuck in her head*

So, violent sociopath or pathological liar. Either way, I feel safe at work today. :happy:

Reggo, that sounds completely messed up and freaking scary. Take care of yourself...! :hug:

So, it started out a pleasant morning, sunny and 15C (especially considering a couple of days ago it had got down to zero overnight)... an hour and a half after I got to work, there was strong wind and torrential rain and a bit of hail and thunder and lightning and the power went out for two hours. And it had dropped to 6C by the time we went for an early lunch cos we couldn't do any work.

Gotta love living in Melbourne! :happy:

It was rather disappointing when the power came back on.

And tonight I went to another public science talk at my old Uni and my brain got tied in knots trying to understand the process of nuclear fusion in stars that turns hydrogen and helium into every other element we have.

Everyone asked the nice astronomer lots of questions afterwards, but a lot of them he answered by saying "I don't know, ask a particle physicist". *L*

Kids ask the best questions though. "How do you make a neutron?" And then it was all up-quarks and down-quarks... :confused:

Jess, remind me to pick your brain if I don't forget everything I can't understand. :lol:

:ohmy: So...there's a sociopath here at work. And no, it's not me.

This guy's wife and child are dying. He's still at work, and keeps checking in with the hospital or whoever, growing impatient that they're not dead yet. Management went to go talk to him about it, and now he's nowhere to be found.

...:panic:

Oh my :ohmy:

So, it started out a pleasant morning, sunny and 15C (especially considering a couple of days ago it had got down to zero overnight)... an hour and a half after I got to work, there was strong wind and torrential rain and a bit of hail and thunder and lightning and the power went out for two hours. And it had dropped to 6C by the time we went for an early lunch cos we couldn't do any work.

Gotta love living in Melbourne! :happy:

It was rather disappointing when the power came back on.

And tonight I went to another public science talk at my old Uni and my brain got tied in knots trying to understand the process of nuclear fusion in stars that turns hydrogen and helium into every other element we have.

Everyone asked the nice astronomer lots of questions afterwards, but a lot of them he answered by saying "I don't know, ask a particle physicist". *L*

Kids ask the best questions though. "How do you make a neutron?" And then it was all up-quarks and down-quarks... :confused:

Jess, remind me to pick your brain if I don't forget everything I can't understand. :lol:

We're having Melburnian weather here, too. There was frost on the car windows. Frost. In June. :| I'm starting to think global warming's a crock of shit.

I'm not a particle physicist. I'm a theoretical physicist.

:wave: from the beautiful CA coast, all fogged in.

Ali, we were at the planetarium yesterday and the whole first part of the show was how hydrogen and helium created everything else, but they just sort of glossed over the details :lol: Cool show, though, with pics from a new satellite that NASA sent out, taking pics of the sun. "High, higher than the sun..."

Hey kinda silly, but I was thinking, maybe we could have a 360 (or some other video) viewing party on the night that we were all supposed to be together in Chicago. Like, we could pick a time when most of us could be online and watch a video "together". I'll bring the virtual margaritas.

I"m about 800 miles from LA so shouldn't be a problem. I'm almost afraid to watch the news, that I might lose all hope for humanity. I don't even know, I'm assuming it was the NBA championship, right? If all this hype is over a NON -championship game well, I just won't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom