PGP-U2 is the Original of the Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzledbylight said:
DIANE!!!!!! hi.....i did get to tues day show w sis!

put up my thots in 2 threads back :D --- :drool: :drool: :drool:
with be one synopsis :laugh:

Yes, I saw that you went...good for you!!!

I am going through MAJOR MAJOR post-concert depression...it's my last show of the Vertigo Tour, as I can't afford to go to Boston after all. The shows were so indescribably wonderful, and I can't possibly love this band more than I do. And to have to wait several years for all this heaven to come around again seems like it will take forever!!!

And wasn't Patti terrific? She brought back so many memories for me...!

Night Diane, Sami :hug:

Bri, I keep reading stuff about codecs, and video accelerators. I KNOW that the other solution I had was easier...I'm thinking maybe I'm using a newer version of WMP now??

Diane L said:

Yes, I saw that you went...good for you!!!

I am going through MAJOR MAJOR post-concert depression...it's my last show of the Vertigo Tour, as I can't afford to go to Boston after all. The shows were so indescribably wonderful, and I can't possibly love this band more than I do. And to have to wait several years for all this heaven to come around again seems like it will take forever!!!

And wasn't Patti terrific? She brought back so many memories for me...!

Patti & band were ggggggreeeeeatttt

she was wearing an outfit close to her original Horse tour outfit

yeah i'm not off my high yet to be miserablre about not seeing thenm for x yrs & esp not really meeting bono again!

VintagePunk said:
Night Diane, Sami :hug:

Bri, I keep reading stuff about codecs, and video accelerators. I KNOW that the other solution I had was easier...I'm thinking maybe I'm using a newer version of WMP now??

I read the link you out up, but I can't figure out how to use their tips. :lol:
My version is apparently 5.08
And you should see the things that happen when I try to capture pics. Just...weird :crazy:

Bye Dazz! :hug:

Oh and Happy Thanksgivin to all you nonCanadians! :happy:

Good evening ladies :wave: :heart:

Its witch tit cold here and we are being to lazy to build a fire for heat so I'm wearing three layers of clothes. :lol:

I managed to make it thru today without maiming anyone. :lol: It was getting really close though. :wink:

Okay HOLY SHITE! I just watched the OOTS video and I seriously have tears in my eyes. Damn I feel like I'm going to cry and I really don't know why. There is just something so moving about it. The whole thing is beautiful! :faint:

Thank you Weldy so much for the link!!!

VintagePunk said:

If they *points to US border* get the day off, we should too. :wink:

How did your presentation go the other day??

I agree! It's only fair. :D

Actually, I think it went pretty well. I was nervous as hell, and I think I uhmed a bit more then neccessary....
But the 'crowd' was won over by my various examples about the "real reason we use lathering soap", and about how much we dislike "limp ties"....
:eeklaugh:

Oh, and when I finised I sat down again and slammed my head into a wall!! :happy: (sadly that did not erase the experience from my memory)

~BrightestStar~ said:

Actually, I think it went pretty well. I was nervous as hell, and I think I uhmed a bit more then neccessary....
But the 'crowd' was won over by my various examples about the "real reason we use lathering soap", and about how much we dislike "limp ties"....

Oh, and when I finised I sat down again and slammed my head into a wall!! :happy: (sadly that did not erase the experience from my memory)

:applaud: I knew you'd do well! :yes:

But you didn't need to bang your head against the wall, I'm sure they liked the presentation well enough with out the slapstick humor to finish it off! :hug: :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I agree! It's only fair. :D

I knew you'd do great!! Am I confusing this with another recent presentation, or do you have to do more on the topic?

Happy Thanksgiing Russty :hug: Did you have a good day? :)

Sad_Girl said:

:applaud: I knew you'd do well! :yes:

But you didn't need to bang your head against the wall, I'm sure they liked the presentation well enough with out the slapstick humor to finish it off! :hug: :wink:

Aww thanks! :hug:

Those examples weren't in my original presentation plan...they kinda just got blurted out as I went along. :reject: :lol:

My friends were trying so hard not to laugh at me....
They were like : are you *snicker*..are..*snort*...are you ok?
:grumpy:
Having your head *bounce* off a brick walls is not something I would recommend.

Sad_Girl said:
Hey Russty :hug: Happy Thanksgiving

Hi SG :hug: Happy Turkey Day to you. Are you surviving all the snow? I thought of you today I was telling my cousin who is an artist about your great pictures. Did you get to at least have a nice meal with your family?

Bri I'm glad the presentation when good. :hug: :heart: Those things always drove me nuts in school.

VP :hug: :D

^ :hug:

VintagePunk said:

I knew you'd do great!! Am I confusing this with another recent presentation, or do you have to do more on the topic?

:hug: You have too much faith in me. :p
Now that I've done the presentation, I have to write it all up in an essay.

I talked to my TA (who is also my marker) after the presentation, he said I did good. But that he hasn't done much reading on Frued, and that I lost him a bit in some of the theory (whether he cares whether he understands or not I have no idea).
I didn't say anything complex, I didn't think. *shrug*
What's confusing about Id being pleasure driven, Ego being realistic, and Superego being your conscience?

I do have another presentation coming up in psych too. Woot.

Last edited:
We didn't do the big thanksgiving thing really, Russty; with my Dad having been so sick, and my mom hasn't been feeling too great either. She cooked a meal that was way too big for just the three of us, and it was really good :drool: but my Sister and her family had their meal at her house and my brother and his wife stayed home too. Mark was going to come over, but he had a stomach bug ... which is not pleasant ever, but you really don't want to be around a house that smells like thanksgiving when you're queasy! :sick:

It was very peaceful, though. My cats pigged out on Turkey and got to take naps with everyone, so they were thrilled :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Happy Thanksgiing Russty :hug: Did you have a good day? :)

The day was nice I guess. :lol: Holidays and Russty just don't mix. On the way to our cousins Mr. Cat just kept saying "remember to just keep breathing and the code word for the day is Suburban"

We always have a code word so if I'm gonna flip out on someone I say the code word and that means he and I need to go outsided so I don't have to maim anyone. He told me if I behaved all day tomorrow I could buy a new book that I want. There is always bribes to get thru the day. :lol: It was actually one of the better holidays. Less people and no one said anything negative about my appearance which was nice.

My MIL rocks though big time! She got all excited and told me she brought me something. I was like okay, what the heck could it be?! This isn't always a good thing. She said No this time your gonna love this! I jokingly asked her if it was something with a skull on it. :lol: she said no, but close. I was like hot damn they are finally getting with the program! It was a huge 3 feet tall spider web that lights up with an big arse spider that crawls up and down it!!!! Its so fucking cool! Its a Halloween decoration, but I'm splapping a santa hat on the spider and hanging the sucker up! My SIL got one too and we said they will be our nightmare before Christmas decorations. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom