PGP:Talk Is the greatest thing a woman can do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey flybabe! :wave: How are you? :hug:

Sorry I was a bit distracted there.... I downloaded these videos someone taped from Melbourne II, ages ago, from demondoid.com or something, and only looked at them today...
ZOMG. :hyper:

I think I'm going to :combust: when I see this 3D film ... :hyper: :D

^:giggle:

Just the description of the trailer was making me :combust: Looks like I'll have to go see it in Oakville or something - there's a bunch of theatres with it in the GTA, but none in TO proper *pout* :hmm: Maybe by July the Paramount downtown will have it...

somebody in ?EYWTK or another thread said they were shown a probaable commercial for the U2/3D movie! and ecscribed what they saw.............

:huh: :(
MY problem is that I've NEVER done very well with 3D suff except the old ?? ViewMaster.......[alot of you will have NO idesa what I'm talking about :giggle:]......plastic gadget that held a paper wheel with a set of TINY slides that were 2 images taken at slightly different angles which how our evesw see and then the brain puts the 2 images together as one with Depth Perception............

the old green & red see-thru gllasses didn't work for me

NOR does the last ? 15 yrs or so of ewh i just forgot the name of it..............

you looj at a picture and at some point.wWAIT.i got it!

MAGIC EYE!!!!

i don't think i"ve ver gotten one ..........:madspit:

]but I will go once to see it.and hope i don't end up with a big headacje or dizziness.........

Dazz - the new glasses are supposedly better and fit like sunglasses, so hopefully no headaches :)

<-- had a Viewmaster when she was a kid :wink:

We used to use 3-D stereoscopic images in Geography class at Uni... those were cool.

And I've never yet been able to see a Magic Eye picture either! I think it's all made up... :tsk:

I'm okay with the red-blue 3-D, although it takes me a moment to pull it into focus. I have every confidence this new RealD stuff will be awesome :D
Bono's boot in my face... :hyper:

I've been able to see the Magic Eye pics :) Sometimes it takes much longer than you'd think, but sometimes if you move the paper closer to/further away from you you hit just the right angle for your eyes to connect the image :) (And sometimes it feels like my eyes are crossing before I actually see it, but that's another matter :lol: )

Drea said:
Dazz - the new glasses are supposedly better and fit like sunglasses, so hopefully no headaches :)

<-- had a Viewmaster when she was a kid :wink:

:shocked: you did?

:wink:
they're like "Ancient Relics"

:(
unfortunately the sight in my 20/20 w glasses > 20/200 without
is so bad now that it's like ?? 20/800 :huh: or worse. With glasses in THAT eye I see only about 7inches away clearly..then it all starts to go blurry. At least on a good sunny day I can see only lightly fuzzy for some feet maybe several yrds. But THAT is somewhat ghost split with a 2nd image b/c of a cataract.

ANd NO i won't let them operate b/c when I take the glasses off :crazy: altho I can only see in Right eye clear 3 or 3 inches aheads.....it Compemsates for being like a Manifying Glass.
I shocked a counselor of mine a few weeks back when I read a print out which had some sentances very small type....
..a bit smaller than INterlands small type font/size.........
and I rattled them off like nothing.............She was :shock:

I said see I TOLD you i caN see quite clearly at a very short distance! :giggle: AND it's great for FINE DETAIL craft & artwork:wink:

MY OTHER Eye has remained {thank the Powers} STABLE at 20/40 W glasses > 20/400 W/o glasses for decades!

SO with my left eye..........
I can see a few miles away quite clearly.

Unfortunately I can't always see certain type .like looking at certain wall menus well w my left one.. But I always hhad a bit of a reading problem with that eyte. It weas the right eye that was MY main reading one.

SO I DON'T think i'm gonna see this u2 movie the way most fans will, but i'll give a go!

:( gee did my eye story scare every off?

:wink: i'm looking at one last archive thread...........

>>> I see Bri took herself to the limits of sacrifice with all those AB/ZOOropa pics............:drool: :drool: :drool:

*hands Bri a towel and a drinkk for her hard work & takes a towel one for myself*
Drea per usual can drink for me :D

:wink:

Mmmm, Zoo era. :drool:

No, I wasn't scared, just distracted :)
Sounds like it could be handy... one eye for close craft work, one eye for distance vision... might look funny if you were standing on a mountain, looking at the veiw with one eye shut, though :wink:
I kid! :hug:
I'm hoping I'll be able to get the 3-D glasses on over my normal ones, but I'll manage somehow.

I need to get off my butt and find this Q mag...
Back later! :hug: :wave:

I'm still here.....just finnished the last or second to last thread.....
...... i missed alot the past 8 weeks but i caught up with the first half.now i more or less caught up with the 21nd jalf.these past 3 weeks...........:D

for the newer PGP peeps>> i have no internet at home and can't afford it.so i uise netcafes/ public li9brasry [but not able to use lib past 2 months] and at my weekday art study...........

SO anything that keeps me stuck for long periods of time > w/o net acess lessens my ability to be here or anywhere else on the net , considerably. :mad: :madspit: :madspit:

but i think things will start to improve some, anyway.:D

.....good luck finding the Q mag alis! and have a good dat

Alisaura said:

Sounds like it could be handy... one eye for close craft work, one eye for distance vision... might look funny if you were standing on a mountain, looking at the veiw with one eye shut, though :wink:
I kid! :hug:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

:giggle:

the one lucky thing is that at some point around ?? 7 - 10 feet away even tho the Right eye is blurry and the LE is sharp..the image sort of still melds together visually........like the blurry one isn't way over away from the sharp one..so my brain can still process it pretty good.

I thinks it's why I still have pretty good to good depth perception stil.

Shopping, and then not practicing... :reject:

I went out looking for the March edition of Q, and came back with the February edition, a R&H DVD, and the collector's edition of HTDAAB, because I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:

6.gif

Pretty good :) Today's project is listening to all my U2 cds in order (well, JT being a cassette, but it still counts :lol: ) - with the Best of cds I'm just going to listen to the b-sides - while working on some of my crocheting and knitting WIPs :wink:

So far I've been through Boy, October and War... UF is sitting waiting for me to hit play *g*

How's MI?

Cold and damp today :madspit:

but, oh well, it's not even quite April yet - it's not supposed to be warm and sunny :wink:

I'm doing alright - tired - Gav was a bit :drunk: last night :lmao: the guys a cute drunk, but he :blahblah: talks as much as Bono when you get a few beers in him :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom