PGP: Spoiling Ourselves Until June/July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited. :hyper: My kids and I are getting ready to start a Buffy/Angel all season re-watch marathon tonight. I'm going to go make some brownies and off we go. Wheee! :D

Kristen, not sure how I missed it on facebook, but good for you for quitting! Like VP said, it's an incredibly liberating feeling to quit a job you absolutely hate.

VP, hope you're feeling better. :hug:

I need to go back and borrow my friend's Angel DVDs again sometime soon. I remember not thinking too much one way or the other of the first few seaons, but holy majambo, those last few seasons were awesome.

K, glad you feel good about the decision. And good luck with the new job search.

Comet, :drool: I adore Buffy. My favorite episode is of course "Once More With Feeling" (the musical episode). And Spuffy... :drool: :combust:

I need to go back and borrow my friend's Angel DVDs again sometime soon. I remember not thinking too much one way or the other of the first few seaons, but holy majambo, those last few seasons were awesome.

K, glad you feel good about the decision. And good luck with the new job search.

Comet, :drool: I adore Buffy. My favorite episode is of course "Once More With Feeling" (the musical episode). And Spuffy... :drool: :combust:

I :love: the musical episode. I sing the entire thing in my car :reject:

And Angel is probably my favorite of the two series. Although this rewatch is going to be good because I think I may have even missed a few Buffy episodes over the years. I know Buffy is great and I love it, but Angel is amaaaazing.

GG - Thank you! :love: (And welcome back, if I didn't say that before, glad you had a good trip! Shame about the jeans tho. :( )

Kristen - I think I missed something, but good on you for resigning if that was a bad place to work. :hug: All the best for whatever comes next!

Cori - Glad you can breathe again, hope Phoebe is all better, and fingers crossed your gig can go ahead! :up:

Jem - Congrats on the Glasto ticket, I can't imagine what a nightmare getting that must have been. *eek*

Congrats to Thora for the race, too...

Er, I'm sure I'm forgetting things. Hope everyone's doing well! :hug:

I've got a rotten cold and I'm flying to Sydney over Easter... don't want to be sick then! :grumpy:

Oh, and my friend and potential travel-buddy to maybe-Norway had her breast reconstruction surgery yesterday (she had a mastectomy at the end of '09)... Fingers crossed she heals quickly and the doc gives her the OK to travel.

"You take the ten thousand on the left..." :lol: Despite the situation that's a great line *g*

Sending good wishes for your friend's recovery, Ali.

Congrats on the job interview, Kristen! That's so awesome!!

Last night I was feeling very blue and blah, so this morning I've upped the intensity of my lamp and am sitting in front of it for a bit longer. I'm not sure why I was feeling down, since the weather yesterday was pretty nice, but oh well. I'm so ready for the weekend already. :lol: Last weekend I didn't do much (except for Sunday, of course), but I'm super exhausted. :lol: It will be nice to get out of town for several days and just relax with my family. :)

I have the blahs too Thora! :hug: I'm sick and I hate that I have to work anyways because I don't have sick days. Last night's game didn't help either. Carey Price was pissed. He said that the players were horsing around in practice on Monday morning and weren't focused, and it showed in the first period. He had no defense in that first period. So much for a sweep!:wink:

That sucks that you don't have sick days! :( I hope you're feeling better soon.

I had the last 2 periods of the game on, but I had to be doing other stuff at the same time, so I wasn't paying too close attention. I could tell when Chara was on the ice, though! :wink:

Yes, the sweeps are saved for the Canucks!! :lol: I'm not banking on it though, since Chicago is going to have a MAJOR bone to pick with us tonight, and will probably be out for blood. But it could definitely happen! :D

It's funny - our dress code is now Canucks casual, and I've been the only one who has consistently been wearing jerseys, etc. But today? LOADS of Canucks gear! I've only been here for a few minutes, but 95% of the people I've seen are wearing shirts/jerseys, etc. Love it!!

Tonight's game should be a good one. Chicago will be pulling out all of the stops. Go Canucks!!!!:hyper:

K, good luck on the job interview - I'm sure you'll be great.
Ali, hope you feel better and that your friend's recovery goes smoothly.
Sorry for those who are feeling blah :hug:

I found out that paperwork I needed for a field trip on Tuesday got lost somehow. So now I have to scramble and there's no guarantee they'll take it late. I may have to ask the kids to cough up $8, which is no small amount for some of these kids. :sad:

I didn't love the end of Buffy - where there was a school for slayers or something...? And I only watched one episode of Angel. Maybe this summer...
I told my son that we'd spend summer nights watching some of the classics. Last Saturday he had his choice of movies and what did he pic? Wizard of Oz! :love:

Season 7 of Buffy was hit or miss. The "potentials" (i.e., Slayer school) were kind of tedious, and one of them (Kennedy) was one of the worst characters ever on that show. But the finale was great, and there were a few real quality episodes scattered throughout.

We had FREE Ben n Jerry's at uni today! :love: Cause we're the first fully Fair Trade university(well the cafetaria is) they came by to give us ice cream. It was 20C today. Freakin' ACE! :yippie:

:shifty: ok maybe the attention I missed the last two weeks helped my good mood a bit too. But the ice cream was really nice!

Yay for free ice cream! and good ice cream too :drool:
Today and yesterday I was in my house for about 9 hours. During that time I did NOT have any of the delicious chocolate cake that we won this weekend. THAT, my friends, is will power! Chocolate cake for breakfast is like fruit of the gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom