PGP-Preparing for an epic U2010!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh veep is awesome :drool: and Sarah is adorable :love:

but be careful she chats up all the taxi drivers :tsk:

I worked out it'll be nearly 5 years when I meet you girls again :ohmy:

Knowing this crowd we'll be making up for lost time...

...but there's no making up for the lost sleep that will occur in the doing :lol:

Knowing this crowd we'll be making up for lost time...

...but there's no making up for the lost sleep that will occur in the doing :lol:

I'm just glad to be actually meeting you guys for the first time and to have someone to hang out with :hug:
I've never had friends that shared my love of U2 before as much as you girls do :wink: Can't wait!!

Yeah I know :angry: if my dad wasn't half Flemish :madwife:

yeah I just want one for NI for the 22nd :kiss:

Shit they will send them late. I have another taker for one of the GA's, so I'll have to sell one. Can't sell unless I have the tickets in hand. :crack:

:shifty: So are you planning to find some of your dad's family?

:hyper: HI uncle x, I don't know you but, we're family!

Or something like that? :wink:

:hmm: Have you guys figured out a hotel to stay in yet?

^I'm so glad they made it! I was starting to worry.

Anyone have exciting plans for tonight? Mr.Z and I are going to watch It Might Get Loud and something else (not sure what yet) and ring the new year in quietly, since the little one will be asleep - not old enough yet to stay up that late.

oh veep is awesome :drool: and Sarah is adorable :love:

Wild is awesomer. :sexywink:

Anyone have exciting plans for tonight? Mr.Z and I are going to watch It Might Get Loud and something else (not sure what yet) and ring the new year in quietly, since the little one will be asleep - not old enough yet to stay up that late.

Not a damn thing other than resting my weary bones, and watching Kathy Griffin say embarrassing and risque things to Anderson Cooper :drool: on CNN's special, and seeing him get all adorably flustered. :cute:

I'm kind of surprised they're letting her on again this year. They're hilarious together, but there was quite a kerfluffle last year when she was heckled by someone in the crowd and she let loose on them on live tv. It was all over YouTube.

eta - here it is! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkd8N_57eo

I somewhat prematurely, exactly, or late (depending on who is reading this) want to wish my fellow PLEBAns a Happy New Year U2010!

I hope it's puts 2009 to shame on a personal level, I've had a tough year. :)pray:) U2-wise it couldn't have been better...except maybe Lady Gaga should've introduced herself at another time :lol:. I really hope to see some of you in Helsinki if I can make it there!

Here's the last 2009 gift from me, Spiderbite's extended edit of U2's New Year's Day that I played on my iPod for the first 6 minutes and 18 seconds of 2009:
U2 - New Year's Day 6.18 (Extended Spider Mix Version)

I'm thinking of blaring (so to speak) Magnificent at midnight and NYD from the remastered War right after *G* (Album version, not one of the remixes from the bonus cd :wink:)

I'm thinking of blaring (so to speak) Magnificent at midnight and NYD from the remastered War right after *G* (Album version, not one of the remixes from the bonus cd :wink:)

I hope next year will be more "magnificent" than this year has been. :crack: For all of us who have had less than ideal years.

I'm glad they came too. They look good in my runners :D
Did you get my money yet?
No exciting plans for me tonight. Still sick so I can't go to the shag I was planning on going to.
Just rented Braveheart. I always wanted to see it and I finally remembered about it while I was at the movie store (I always forget :wink:)

Hope you and Mr. Z have a good new years. Sounds like it will be with It Might Get Loud (which I still haven't seen :reject:)

Good Plan :hyper:

Aw, thanks. :hug: I'm just going to unpack a few boxes of fragile stuff, things that go into my new china cabinet. :love: It's antique, and so pretty. :love: Then I have to go to my mom's condo and pick up her dining set. We didn't move it the day the movers came because I had 4 people who saw it on Kijiji e-mail and say they were interested in it, and ask for my phone number, but none of them ended up calling. :grumpy: So, I've got to get it out of there, and then turn in my key. Then a few prep things for dinner tomorrow. After that, I'm taking the rest of the evening off! Just me and Anderson. :shifty: And Sarah. And Kathy Griffin. And the rest of the Time's Square people...

I bet turning over the keys will feel good. Too bad one of the ppl who took your number wasn't male and single and an Anderson Cooper look-alike!

I'll do a dance of joy. Seriously.

And yeah, too bad. My mom and sister think that the owner of the condo always had a thing for me, but he's a creeper. :ick: I hope I don't have to see him today.

Of course, I may have rectified that a few weeks ago when he heard me go on a profanity-laced tirade to this other guy who has been using my mom's parking space whenever he wanted to, blocking me out in the process. The condo owner is apparently quite religious, so I'm sure he didn't approve, and now thinks of me as a heathen (which I am...). :shrug:

I'm so happy right now. :) I had an old rocking chair that belonged to my grandpa. The upholstery was dirty and worn, but the chair itself was really good and sturdy. I've had it for years, intending to reupholster it. When all this moving business started, and I had to make room for some of my mom's things here, I decided that after all these years, I'll never get around to reupholstering it, so I listed it on Kijiji for free. Someone finally e-mailed me about it today, and came and got it this afternoon (it's been on my porch since moving day). The person just e-mailed me and thanked me again, and said her husband had already started to work on the upholstery!

Oh shit I totally forgot to update my sig!

What better way to start the new year than with U2 on tv! :love: U2 = BBC documentary on Dutch tv!

Happy New Year, y'all! Here's to keeping each other sane and laughing. Here's to hugs when we need 'em, even if they're just virtual ones. Here's to girlfriends. Here's to good music and good conversation.
*raises glass* :cocktail:

:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom