PGP - plannng our 2011 road trip!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we'll ask Drea if there's any places :lol:

There's a Canadian Tire at the Eaton Centre, an air mattress won't be a problem *g*

Note to anyone interested: The song New York, in the verse where Bono talks about summers there? So. NOT. metaphorical! :melts: Having spent most of this weekend (well, Sat and part of today) in New Jersey... it's really. really. fucking. hot! It was 100F *before* the humidity!! I am officially not allowed to complain about TO humidity for a week :lol:

This is going to sound like an odd request, but can you guys send prayers/thoughts that the meds Mom got this week don't work? :pray:

...because if they do, it'll mean she has Parkinson's :(

Interesting combo of activities. I have no concerts on the horizon (besides the obvious) and that makes me sad.

Arrived in socal safely last night. I feel like such an old fuddy-duddy whenever I go out to eat. I'm always like " it's so loud! We can't even have a conversation" I sound like a grandma. : rolleyes:

I've got Surfer Blood this Friday, then nothing planned until September. Then Muse in Dec... and Tommy Emmanuel, who, if I'm lucky, none of you will have heard of. :wink:

If you're a grandma, I am too! What's the point of going out with friends if you can't even talk to each other? And I have this thing where I can't understand what people are saying if there's too much background noise... I just smile and nod and occasionally reply with completely inappropriate words. :reject:

I didn't take pics!:reject: Over the years I have discovered that unless I am really close, I do better to just find pics online that others have taken!:lol: However, I have been living on youtube because there are some awesome videos from the concert on there!

I have heard from my cousin that Australia has been pretty cold. I hope it warms up for you soon!

Zooey, I hear you about the noise in restaurants thing. I am the same. :reject : Glad you arrived safely!: hug:

Yeah, you're probably right about the photos... my concert pics have rarely turned out very well, even if I am closer... my hands shake too much. *L*

I really should try to get right up the front for a U2 gig if they come to Aus... haven't managed very front-front yet.

It was 15C today... which is a step up from 13.

:hi5:!

Wow I came back the right time! U2 at Dublin Airport, U2 on the radio now, and I just heard that tonight there's a That's Live U2 concert registration on tv and after that Squaring the circle: Creating U2360! :shocked:

Nice one! I take it you had a good trip? :D

don't worry Ali....we'll teach ya how we do it :D up here!

That is dressing warmly! : lol:

what else were you all thinking ? : eyebrow:: tsk:

: wink:

I've seen the way people dress in that part of the world in winter... it makes the Michelin man look like he's completely unprotected from the elements.

And on top of that, I found a tab for the LIVE version of Crazy on bass. FINALLY! Been waiting for months for that as I just could not figure out the main riff. Had the chorus done, album version tabbed too with help of B, sans the little riff Adam played at the end of one part. And exactly that riff was the main riff of the live version. So I tried and tried but could not figure it out. :love : Now finally I can learn how to play this song! : yippie:

Awesome! :applaud:

I played my bass once since last year... :reject:

This is going to sound like an odd request, but can you guys send prayers/thoughts that the meds Mom got this week don't work? :pray:

Drea... :hug: :hug: I hope that she has something less serious. (Or nothing at all, ideally.) Am thinking of you!

:hmm: That's good to know!

I wonder if they'll build something on the grounds over the GA line that will shade us. I'd be burnt to a crisp after two days in the sun. :yikes: If not, I'd have to buy a huge-ass umbrella.

I hope they do. As of right now, there is nothing there. Just a big old field and a couple of run down damaged stands with seats. It's kinda weird when you look around from the field because there are houses right there that could easily get a free show and plus, everyone at the Walmart and surrounding restaurants would be able to get a free show too. All you have to do is stand in the parking lots and you can see perfectly.

I definitely gonna buy an umbrella too :up:

Oh no... So sorry to hear that Drea :hug: Prayers and positive vibes that they don't work.

There's a Wal-Mart right next to the Hippodrome so I'll just a buy chair from there and then throw it away after Philly. Plus I was gonna bring a de-flated air matress and an air pump in my suitcase lol. GA PGP Slumber Party :hyper:

There was a WalMart next to the stadium in Dallas. We bought a chair there (Mr.Z said it was almost the last one) and when we returned the rental car, we'd forgotten it was in there and couldn't really take it on the plane so we gave it to the guy who worked at the rental car agency.

I am glad to hear there is a Canadian Tire by the Eatons Centre in Toronto.:up: That will be my first stop as I wait for my peeps to get to Toronto from Montreal.

Have I mentioned how excited I am about this! I can't wait to finally meet some of you!:hyper:

There was a WalMart next to the stadium in Dallas. We bought a chair there (Mr.Z said it was almost the last one) and when we returned the rental car, we'd forgotten it was in there and couldn't really take it on the plane so we gave it to the guy who worked at the rental car agency.

That was nice of you :wink:

I am glad to hear there is a Canadian Tire by the Eatons Centre in Toronto.:up: That will be my first stop as I wait for my peeps to get to Toronto from Montreal.

Have I mentioned how excited I am about this! I can't wait to finally meet some of you!:hyper:

Ya, never mind about the taking the same plane together lol. I totally forgot I'm driving from Montreal to Toronto :lol:

How are you getting to Philly? As well, I see that Porter flies to Chicago now!:shifty:

ETA: What is up with the elevator story!:shifty: Can you fill me in?:hyper:

How are you getting to Philly? As well, I see that Porter flies to Chicago now!:shifty:

ETA: What is up with the elevator story!:shifty: Can you fill me in?:hyper:

I'm driving to Philly from Toronto.

Ya I saw that :shifty:

Hmmm the elevator story :hmm: Well basically it has to do with the time Jem and Wild were waiting for an elevator with Larry :drool:

I'll let them tell the story though because it's there's the tell.

I am so happy!! I have the house to myself tonight!! No hubby and no kids!!!! Is that bad?:shifty:

Hugs and good vibes for Drea and family. :hug::hug::hug:

Porter Airlines. :drool: Flew from Toronto to Boston ( They're the lovely people who let me leg it to the plane as I nearly missed the flight. :reject: ) with them. The plane was :drool: aswell.

I have GA tickets for Montreal 1 and 2. :drool::hyper::hyper: Had to put them on credit card though. :reject::lol::yikes:

Elevator story anyone??:hmm:

Wild, if you have any old bedtime stories lying around, I would love to see them!:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom