PGP: Off with the horns, on with the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scream: I just got my yellow Converse that I've been searchinng for for years on amazon.com of all places(custom seller)..... and they sent me a ladies 9 instead of a men's 9... yeah that's NEVER gonna fit!

:sad: Hope they have a pair of men's 9 left and that I can return these. Gitdamnit, you think you finally catch a break.

Yeah I listened to the new song for quite some time last night; woke up humming it this am.

And Bono was on GMA for his work with the Sotheby's auction project! Hopefully video surfaces of it; it was a good interview and he didn't ramble for once! I just wish he'd CUT that cockatoo off! :doh:

Okay, I....think the song is boring. I'm sorry. I know, it's for a soundtrack and not meant to seriously kick ass or be better than the movie. But, holy fuck, I yawned through the entire thing. Maybe it is because I have waited for music for so long. Maybe it's because my Sirius XM plays really old U2 and I'm drowning in nostalgia. But there it is.

However, I did find this on my Tumblr dash - we're made of stars • Bono, Sir Jonathan Ive, Marc Newson, and George...

A) Look at the new shirt. Let's hope with a new album and management, comes new clothes.

B) Bono found someone shorter than him. Right George?

It´s a damn good song as a tribute to Mandela, there´s not many ways you can write a song to him and I think they did it good.

Okay, I....think the song is boring. I'm sorry. I know, it's for a soundtrack and not meant to seriously kick ass or be better than the movie. But, holy fuck, I yawned through the entire thing. Maybe it is because I have waited for music for so long. Maybe it's because my Sirius XM plays really old U2 and I'm drowning in nostalgia. But there it is.

However, I did find this on my Tumblr dash - we're made of stars • Bono, Sir Jonathan Ive, Marc Newson, and George...

A) Look at the new shirt. Let's hope with a new album and management, comes new clothes.

B) Bono found someone shorter than him. Right George?

No apologies needed for not liking a song ! Its a matter of taste anyway.
I was just hoping for something not NLOTH sounding.
Because I want lyrics that make sense and I was wishing for a nice fluid, smooth song. Without oohoooohhs weird words and random shout outs.
I got exactly that so thats why I like it. If it was on the new album, I'd agree with you. Super simple drumline from Larry, Edge doing the usual stuff, Adams bassline and the synthy/echoey thing I like the most in combination with the lyrics. But not really anything new here :) just U2 writing something for a film.

Nevermind, found my download.

I wandered into EYKIW and luckily Sicy had it covered.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...hread-look-here-first-216218.html#post7728429 for those who haven't downloaded yet.

I shall now commence listening on repeat for the next couple hours. :love:

Pfsh, Sicy only put it there! :lol: It's my trick! I posted it in MOTI first!

Okay, I decided not to return the Converse. That would've been an expensive thing to do, instead I ordered a pair in the correct size and I am going to try to sell these.

Ordinary Love may not be the best song ever, but I enjoy the happy uplifting vibe from it. :D Has me get high hopes for the new album!

Electric yellow ones. :lol: have been looking for that colour hi top for over a year, was so happy I found them. You can imagine my face when I realised it was the wrong size!

Here we only have boring pastel yellow, and I have a rainbow of neon bright converse colours already so I wanted a bright yellow too. :D Ordered the rigth size today, should arrive in two weeks.

:hyper: I love today. No, really. Best day ever.

[/sarcasm]

Whats up :eek: Doesnt sound right!
I actually had one of the better days today since I lost ze job. A good friend called over and we went photographing, and horseback riding which I havent done in a while. Nothing better to empty your mind than have a walk through the woods and a ride.. On top of that I'm getting some money from the government, so I can pay my bills now. I had the right to get some more payment Becuase Ive been working there for longer than 5 yrs.

Lucky day I guess .. Heres hoping my luck rubs off to you.

Whats up :eek: Doesnt sound right!
I actually had one of the better days today since I lost ze job. A good friend called over and we went photographing, and horseback riding which I havent done in a while. Nothing better to empty your mind than have a walk through the woods and a ride.. On top of that I'm getting some money from the government, so I can pay my bills now. I had the right to get some more payment Becuase Ive been working there for longer than 5 yrs.

Lucky day I guess .. Heres hoping my luck rubs off to you.

Family stuff. I'm not entirely sure what's going myself, I just know it's bad.

I'm glad you had a good day, though. :D Sounds like you had fun. I haven't been horseback riding in forever!

I know how that feels anyway :hug: for you Tara. Family matters can be pretty repulsive sometimes.

Jeevey thanks :hug: You are very kind.

I didn't ride for about 7 years, but I went to her about half a year ago and since then I've been doing it 3 times this years. It takes some time to get the feeling back,
But I did some jumping and a good old trail through the woods.

Q9zBwyS.gif

Okay, I decided not to return the Converse. That would've been an expensive thing to do, instead I ordered a pair in the correct size and I am going to try to sell these.

I'm doing the same with a pair of merino trousers I just bought. Return them, get the purchase price back but pay for shipping twice, or sell them for original price and make the buyer pay the shipping- not a tough choice.

Don't know if anyone else has a taste for throwback rock and roll, but this has been in my head for days.

J.D. McPherson - North Side Gal (OFFICIAL VIDEO,HD) - YouTube

I'm going pizza for dinner tonight too :lol:
nice song Jeevey, I like that style anyway. Contrabass playing looks so awesome.
The man has a good voice for it :)

ETA: Congrats Chork on your little one! Movienight, exiting!

Don't know if anyone else has a taste for throwback rock and roll, but this has been in my head for days.
JD McPherson video: Yes! I love JD! I heard "North Side Girl" on the radio about a year and half ago. Been hooked ever since. Check out his album, Signs and Signifiers~the whole this is awesome! Have yet to see him live, tho.

I have it. ;) My dad makes a grab bag of cds for the kids to pick from every Christmas and my brother tipped me off to snatch this one. Sooo good. Unfortunately JD doesn't seem to tour the northeast every much. If you haven't heard this one yet check it out. It really taps into his r&b side, so pretty (and sexy) ... and the crazy thing is that's a cover of a tune from the 80's country superstars Alabama. But wow.

JD McPherson "Why Lady Why" - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom