Official U2 News/Info Thread - LOOK HERE FIRST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
This thread will remain closed and I or the mods will update it as we receive info. I am hesitant to update this thread with 'rumors' but it will be edited accordingly as official information is received.

If you have info that you think should be posted here and it has not be updated in this thread, please email me sicy [@] interference.com or send me a pm with the info and I'll add it to the thread.

This thread is for info only. To discuss these topics please read through the thread titles in this forum or do a search U2 Feedback to join in in an already existing discussion. Before you start a new thread please take a few minutes to read through the first couple of pages of threads to make sure your topic does not fit into an already existing topic.

----------------------------------

New U2 album slated for early (March/April) 2014 release
U2 Album Slated for Early 2014 Release | Billboard

Danger Mouse is producing U2's new album
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/11/danger-mouse-will-produce-u2s-upcoming-album.html
Discussion thread:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/on-danger-mouses-production-215796.html

U2 could announce new album at the Superbowl
U2 to announce new album at Super Bowl in February? | News | NME.COM

First new song in 3 years "Ordinary Love"
U2 Slip New Song 'Ordinary Love' Into 'Mandela' Trailer - Video | Rolling Stone
Discussion thread:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/ordinary-love-216150.html

Ordinary Love full song

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC3ahd6Di3M

DOWNLOAD:

Paste youtube link into the following website and save:
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

OR

Go to SoundDrain - Download tracks from SoundCloud! and put in the below link. Rightmouse click on download, save file as, done.
Soundcloud page. https://soundcloud.com/u2mx/20ordinary-20love

LYRICS

The sea wants to kiss the golden shore
The sunlight warms your skin
All the beauty that's been lost before
Wants to find us again

I can't fight you anymore,
it's you I'm fighting for
The sea throws rocks together, but time
leaves us polished stones

We can't fall any further if
We can't feel ordinary love
We cannot reach any higher if
We can't deal with ordinary love

Birds fly high in the summer sky
And rest on the breeze
The same wind will take care of you and I
build a house in the trees

Your heart is on my sleeve
Did you put it there with a magic marker?
For years I would believe that
the world couldn't wash it away

Are we tough enough for ordinary love?

U2 talks of new album in the works, Nelson Mandela - latimes.com

Full page story: http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...e-20131219,0,1139652,full.story#axzz2nwkJJCWB

A moment later the U2 frontman had cranked up a track from the band's work-in-progress album, an anthemic number about leaving one's hometown titled "Invisible." As the song played, he spiritedly played air guitar to it, also belting along with the track's vocals — Bono performing a duet with himself.

The 53-year-old rock star's self-mocking demeanor is enjoyably at odds with his self-serious public image, a sign of an icon who knows when not to be iconic. But similarly surprising is his approach to the music, a kind of boyish giddiness suggesting that, even after 12 studio albums and thousands of shows, that's what matters, perhaps more now than in a long while.

After years of being known as much for activism as rock 'n' roll — the day after the studio session, Nelson Mandela will have passed away, and an essay from Bono recollecting his impressions of the South African leader and close friend will have appeared on Time.com — U2 had perhaps its most commercially disappointing album in decades with 2009's "No Line on the Horizon." So now they're shaking things up.

The band, which also includes guitarist Edge, bassist Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullens Jr., came up with the concept of a collection of songs told partly from the perspective of an innocent and partly from a seasoned veteran. And they brought on the electronic dance music producer Danger Mouse to help them craft it. The album is set for an April release.

Told that some fans were still puzzling over how that collaboration would work, Edge, 52, laughed. "I think we're still figuring that out ourselves," he said.

On this December evening the band moved between studio rooms. In one, engineers tried different mixes as Bono sang along and gave notes in equal measure. In another, Mullens, Edge and several others were tinkering with some rhythms. "You're seeing a little bit of creativity as it happens," Mullens said. "Like penguins in the wild."

From the few tracks of the new album heard that night, it has traces of the Clash and Sex Pistols and Kraftwerk — "stuff we were really listening to when we were younger," Bono said. But it also comes laden with soul and old-school R&B, genres Bono said he and friends were listening to in the 1970s "but once punk came along, no one admitted it."

Lyrically, the record will center on the collision between hard-earned wisdom and youthful hunger. For U2 at the moment — at once trying new experiments even as it returns to its roots, still vital even as it stands barely two years shy of its 40th anniversary — that tension couldn't be more fitting.

The band has reportedly been entertaining corporate suitors for a Super Bowl ad to introduce the new record. But Bono waves aside a question about those plans. There's still the album to fine tune. So engineers continued to tinker with Bono's vocal chord-straining falsetto that has defined him as far back as albums like "War" and "The Unforgettable Fire."

"There's just something about a bloke who sings like a chick," Bono said. And then he turned, took the mike and unleashed another one of those vocals.

(Rumor/Hearsay)

Exclusive: Bono Says New U2 Should Come in June, New Single Soon | Showbiz411

New song 'Invisible' to be released soon.

The new U2 album should come in June. So says Bono, to me, at the Weinstein Company party following the Golden Globes. Bono and U2 won the Globe for their song “Ordinary Love” from the movie “Mandela.” The group held court on a platform of couches, entertaining friends including Usher on Sunday night before taking off to an after party said to be at 1Oak on Sunset Boulevard.

The group had just played at Sean Penn’s Haiti fundraiser on Saturday night with a young Haitian singer named Anaelle Jean-Pierre. I sat with Bono at the Weinstein party and praised him for his passion about politics, Mandela, Africa, etc.

“We’re persistent, I’ll say that,” he replied with a rueful chuckle. “I don’t think we’re the only ones who care. I think lots of people do. They just don’t have the opportunity.”

Bono told me the group was busy finishing the new album. “We’re still working some things out,” he said. In the meantime, they will release a new single in the next few weeks. It’s called– and this is exclusive– “Invisible.” “It’s not what you expect,” Bono told me. “It’s not your typical love song.”

The guys were joined by Guy Oseary, their new day to day manager, who seems like he’s doing a bang up job. Oseary is almost as tireless and tenacious as Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam. They’re a good match.

Bank of America

Buy: One 60-second commercial between the first and second quarter to introduce a partnership among Bank of America, U2 and Red, the group co-founded by Bono to enlist brands in fighting disease, particularly HIV/AIDS.

Creative: The commercial will feature Bono and the rest of U2 performing a new song called "Invisible," which will be available free on iTunes during the game and over the next 24 hours. Bank of America said it will donate $1 for every download in that time, up to $2 million.

Agency: Hill Holliday in Boston and Mad Agency London

Super Bowl Ad Chart: Who's Buying What in Super Bowl 2014 - Ad Age Mobile

Bono hints towards yet another album

U2 > News > 'Remember Us?'

'Hello, bonjour, ciao, hola, hallo, zdravo, dobar dan, Dia duit, hæ, hej,hei, cześć, olá, ćao, namaste, sawatdee, jambo, pozdravi, Γεια σου, привіт, שלום, مرحبا, こんにちは, , سلام, 你好, Привет….

Remember us? Pleased to announce myself, Edge, Adam and Larry have finally given birth to our new baby… Songs of Innocence. It’s been a while. We wanted to get it right for you/us. We just finished it last week and thanks to Apple and iTunes it’s with you today. That’s already amazing to me as it normally takes a few months to turn this stuff around.

Part of the DNA of this band has always been the desire to get our music to as many people as possible. In the next 24 hours, over a half a billion people are going to have Songs of Innocence… should they choose to check it out. That is so exciting. People who haven’t heard our music, or weren’t remotely interested, might play us for the first time because we’re in their library. Country fans, hip hop afficionados from east LA, electro poppers from Seoul, Bhangra fans from New Delhi, Highlifers in Accra… might JUST be tempted to check us out, even for a moment. What a mind blowing, head scratching, 21st century situation. Over 500 million people… that’s a billion ears. And for the people out there who have no interest in checking us out, look at it this way… the blood, sweat and tears of some Irish guys are in your junk mail.

You’ll have noticed the album is free to U2.com’ers from the band. It’s also free to everyone on iTunes thanks to Apple. To celebrate the ten year anniversary of our iPod commercial, they bought it as a gift to give to all their music customers. Free, but paid for. Because if no-one's paying anything for it, we’re not sure “free” music is really that free. It usually comes at a cost to the art form and the artist… which has big implications, not for us in U2, but for future musicians and their music... all the songs that have yet to be written by the talents of the future… who need to make a living to write them.

We’re collaborating with Apple on some cool stuff over the next couple of years, innovations that will transform the way music is listened to and viewed. We’ll keep you posted. If you like Songs of Innocence, stay with us for Songs of Experience. It should be ready soon enough… although I know I’ve said that before…

I hope after listening to our new long player a few times, you’ll understand why it took so long. We really went there… it’s a very, very personal album. Apologies if that gets excruciating… actually, I take that back. No apologies if it gets excruciating. What’s the point in being in U2 if you can’t go there?
There is no end to LOVE.'
BONO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom